Behaviour Of Large Clan Units.

251 replies to this topic

#1 Der Hesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 545 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 03:07 AM

I will describe my opinion on what happens atm. It may not be true at all, but this is what my conclusion is of what i´ve seen and heared the last weeks.

With the last rebalance Clan tech and IS tech was brought a something as close to balance as it can get. You might argue at some points like some structure buffs on is side, but nothing too big.

As a result all those Clan players that did win 95% of their matches now suffer when they get an enemy with equal weaponry, followed by endless whining on the forums where nearly every logical argument on the forums gets ignored. Some even go far enough to blatantly lie or manipulate results of experiments to prove their point. (With humble respect for those honest Clan players that said in those threads that the game was balanced. We all know those names because we all know they are players that know what they are talking about.)

But that wasn´t enough.

To force PGI to intervene all big mercenary groups and even Clamn house units joined Rasalhague together. I call out especially MS, 228, SWOL, -SO-, KCom and many others.
What then happened is pretty clear and has nothign to do with balance.
Clans got rolled back to their home worlds and even IS houses with borders to Rasalhague lost worlds to them.

So what now? PGI has to react to not lose all those Clan players that still sit in their faction because those are frustrated with good reason. Not only do they lose all words, regardless of what they do, they also lose most of their matches because they face all those well organized groups.

As a reaction we not only get split queues but also buffs for Clans and nerfs for IS soon. So it seems they got what they wanted.

But to me it is like this:

You guys intentionally destroy this game to increase your already way to big power. I lost all my remaining respect i had for some of those units. I´m especially disappointed by 228 whom i dropped with a lot.

I know you will attack me and you will try to prove me wrong but at least they guys leading your units know it´s true.

In my opinion PGI has to react and harness those big units before they destroy their game.

#2 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 31 January 2016 - 03:18 AM

"Just look at the map! Total proof that Clans are unplayable!112!!! IS OP! Clanners suck!! Nerf, nerf, nerf!!!" - BRAVE CLAN WARRIOR™

#3 Kin3ticX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 31 January 2016 - 03:22 AM

View PostDer Hesse, on 31 January 2016 - 03:07 AM, said:

I will describe my opinion on what happens atm. It may not be true at all, but this is what my conclusion is of what i´ve seen and heared the last weeks.

With the last rebalance Clan tech and IS tech was brought a something as close to balance as it can get. You might argue at some points like some structure buffs on is side, but nothing too big.

As a result all those Clan players that did win 95% of their matches now suffer when they get an enemy with equal weaponry, followed by endless whining on the forums where nearly every logical argument on the forums gets ignored. Some even go far enough to blatantly lie or manipulate results of experiments to prove their point. (With humble respect for those honest Clan players that said in those threads that the game was balanced. We all know those names because we all know they are players that know what they are talking about.)

But that wasn´t enough.

To force PGI to intervene all big mercenary groups and even Clamn house units joined Rasalhague together. I call out especially MS, 228, SWOL, -SO-, KCom and many others.
What then happened is pretty clear and has nothign to do with balance.
Clans got rolled back to their home worlds and even IS houses with borders to Rasalhague lost worlds to them.

So what now? PGI has to react to not lose all those Clan players that still sit in their faction because those are frustrated with good reason. Not only do they lose all words, regardless of what they do, they also lose most of their matches because they face all those well organized groups.

As a reaction we not only get split queues but also buffs for Clans and nerfs for IS soon. So it seems they got what they wanted.

But to me it is like this:

You guys intentionally destroy this game to increase your already way to big power. I lost all my remaining respect i had for some of those units. I´m especially disappointed by 228 whom i dropped with a lot.

I know you will attack me and you will try to prove me wrong but at least they guys leading your units know it´s true.

In my opinion PGI has to react and harness those big units before they destroy their game.

********, the whole lot of it

-MS- members spent REAL money on IS 'Mechs. There is no conspiracy to nerf our own 'mechs. BTW, most of my 'mechs are Inner Sphere.

#4 Daedalus7

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 03:27 AM

I play what I want.. nuff said

#5 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 January 2016 - 03:31 AM

Your mistake was made when you assumed that anybody legitimately cared about CW.

#6 Daedalus7

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 03:50 AM

View PostTarogato, on 31 January 2016 - 03:31 AM, said:

Your mistake was made when you assumed that anybody legitimately cared about CW.

Number one mistake was thinking I should play the faction he wants me to because he pays me to play and pays for my mechs and bills and ect... LULZ man

#7 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:21 AM

It's the truth that the Clans are weak at the moment, don't blame us smaller units, we're giving it all we have but without the support of the larger units who number in the hundreds each we are fighting a losing battle.

Don't go asking PGI to interfere you only make the clans look worse than they already are, we and I mean all the clans have no respect as it is and that is OUR fault, calling in PGI makes us sound like the Inner Sphere players back a year ago when they cried to PGI that the clans were too strong.

A quick history lesson, the clans make their appearance, I.S. whinge we are too strong, PGI nerfs our weapons, we lose pilots.
The idiots who want the lore followed put their case forward, but only want the parts where they win allowed, PGI neuters us and we lose more pilots.
I don't hold PGI to blame, they have a hard enough job to do, leave them out of it or watch the clans disappear for-ever
We in Ghost bear have two factions the traitor Wardens who aid and support houses of the I.S. defending their planets and a very small number of Crusaders who will fight all the I.S., that is only my interpretation, try being a Ghost Bear and attacking an F.R.R. planet, not pretty is it, Outpost which is traditionally a CGB planet sits in the hands of the F.R.R., I'm A Ghost Bear, I see the call to defend outpost and it belongs to F.R.R., go get stuffed, lose it so we CGB units can fight for OUR planet.

I have time and time again asked, begged, pleaded with other CGB units to form an alliance and begin an offensive that will see us competitive again, NOPE not gonna happen and nothing PGI does will make it happen, I don't want them stepping in, what are we children??, what we need is for members of all the clans to have a good think about our attitude and swallow our pride, stop being so Xenophobic to the point where your own clansmen are enemies, step the hell up and take charge, I think we have reached a point in the game where PGI must sit back and not take a hand in matters just for those few whingers out there.
So Here it is my fellow clansmen and my brothers in the other clans do we sit and wait for our demise or do we go down fighting as clansmen should, we are at the point now where apathy and cowardice are all the weapons we have, ARE WE GETTING ANGRY YET???, this bear and his unit have been poked enough now we're awake and fighting, what will it take for you to do the same.
I know what might wake you from your beds and get your hands out of the honey pot, I like the rank of KHAN is has a nice ring to it doesn't it, KHAN ATTAKHAN666, I like it, It's mine, I have just changed it to that, take it from me you cowards, I call upon Clan Wolf, Clan Jade Falcon and Clan Smoke Jaguar, rise up my brothers seize with force that which is your birth right, the Rank of Khan, do you have the courage? to lead.
I say to hell with the Inner Sphere Pigs, to hell with those who would sell our clans to the Inner Sphere, I say to hell with the galaxy and those who are its gods,
I am KHAN ATTAKHAN666 - ASK NOT FOR WHOM THE BEAR ROARS IT ROARS FOR THEE.
KHAN ATTAKHAN666 Leader of Ghost Bear Kodiak Pride
KHAN OF CLAN GHOST BEAR

Edited by KHAN ATTAKHAN666, 31 January 2016 - 04:23 AM.

#8 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:25 AM

Completely out of line Der Hesse, all these guys all happened to jump to FRR at the same time purely by coincedence!

In all fairness, with the Hammer dropping soon after the Marauder I see a lot of reason for units to want to be IS over Clan, the fact they ALL go to the same Faction is the funny part.

#9 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:45 AM

View PostDevlinCognito, on 31 January 2016 - 04:25 AM, said:

In all fairness, with the Hammer dropping soon after the Marauder I see a lot of reason for units to want to be IS over Clan, the fact they ALL go to the same Faction is the funny part.

It's no secret: FRR has the most borders, so most opportunity for fights. If people want to play their MADs and WHMs and RFL's, they'll join IS and go to the faction that has the best borders. Suddenly everybody is in the FRR.

#10 Danjo San

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:54 AM

View PostDer Hesse, on 31 January 2016 - 03:07 AM, said:

How will you harness them... restricting unit size? making rewards only for a select amount of players within the unit? all this has been addressed in the townhall ...
What will happen is that a load of subdivisons will be created, essentially still being the same unit Unit [XY] will have [XY1] and [XY2] maybe even [XY3] and [XY4] nothing will stop them from switching contracts as they please ...
the problem you have is not essentially due to large units, it's addressing large MERC Units... and the problem lies within the Mercs. having the power to switch and roam freely while reaping in the same rewards as loyalist units do is just simply making it more attractive to be a house hopper rather than a loyalist.
This issue is also known and will be addressed and hopefully resolved with CW-Phase 3.
In my oppinion rewards need to be different, I mean really different, not necessarily favouring loyalists more than mercs, just rightout different. Balance is the key. If you make MERC unnattractive, why bother?
How to do this is not my job, but if you ask me, I'd go by giving Mercs a reward system like the House reward system has. collecting loyalty points not for each house, rather collect merc-points and give them rewards based on that... that way once they collected all the merc rewards they are done, get a loyalty contract and start "farming" there.

#11 DarklightCA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 774 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:55 AM

I don't get it, you mention big merc group's as a problem but you also call out KCom. They are by no means a big unit and they are not merc's. Last I checked they were CJF loyalists and it's their right if they want a change of scenery as I imagine carrying CJF on their shoulder's could get tiring after awhile.

As for us big bad merc unit's, what exactly is it that you think we are gaining by all joining FRR together? Gaining planet's is a big joke, getting win's is always good but most those unit's don't require to sit in the same faction to get win's. FRR has a lot of attack lanes, it has a healthy population and it's pug population is a lot better than most faction's. They are also not afraid of hitting the attack queue either.

Do you think it's possible that something like that to a big unit would maybe be attractive to many unit's? I mean faster games, a population that will help fill out your attack queue's faster with access to many planet's to attack? Sign me up.

Also am I the only one that doesn't see the irony in all this? FRR is doing to Clan's what Clan's use to do to FRR. Remember those good ol' days when FRR had no planet's and the Clan's were everywhere? Good times. Also when big merc unit's did not have constant conspiracies against them for every action they make that ripples the balance of the game.

#12 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 05:06 AM

Der Hesse ...
Thank you very, very much for a total surprise laugh right after getting out of bed .

Want some tinfoil to go with your theory there, sir ?

#13 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,659 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 31 January 2016 - 05:08 AM

This was their proposal back in 2011. Remember though, atm it is a minimal viable product. If this was 15 years ago or so without kickstarters or such, most of this would be behind closed doors and we MIGHT be in early closed beta, if that.

http://mwomercs.com/...munity-warfare/

At its core, the territory battle is a fight for resources – planets. Planets are divided into three types. Each type requires a more active level of participation by the player and as a result earns a greater reward.
Core Worlds – Are managed by the dev team. These are worlds that necessary for future planning and part of major historical events.

Faction Worlds – Are fought over by Faction players. These planets buffer core and border worlds, and do not play a significant role in major historical events. Rewards for controlling these planets are directly linked to global bonuses and abilities associated with a player’s Faction.

Border Worlds – Are fought over via a contract bidding system by player run Mercenary Corporations. These planets change hands on a regular basis, and have no impact on historical events. Rewards for controlling a boarder world are significant and go directly to the occupying Merc Corp.

It’s important to state now, that worlds can change from Border to Faction to Core, or any combination thereof, at any time by the development team. This will be necessary to facilitate dramatic changes in faction territory control as we progress through some tumultuous times within the BattleTech® universe.

ATM there is no real consequences to switching employment, attacking your former employer then going back to fight for your then former employer. In lore, think of how the Wolf's Dragoons handled their contracts where there was one stipulation in their contracts which the Dragoons would not be used to attack their former employer.

In the original Mechwarrior (1989). Your "status" or Family Attitudes started off as neutral. As your missions progressed your status increased or decreased, which helped to determine what type of contracts were available, or if a faction would even hire you.

The other is that there are two major factions, IS vs Clan then the minor factions within each. Without the Clans and those borders would there be such a disparate? Possible but in a different manner. Merc units join FRR and LCAF then they attack the DCMS. The AFFS smells the blood in the water, seeking out DC planets while Marik and the CCAF are sitting tweeting their thumbs cause their population is too low to have any serious impact.

There are different routes that the current setup could be handled but would it be effective? Unit size? There would be just a bunch of mini-mes and with this being a FtP game with the ability to create multiple MWO and email accounts, though a hassle there are too many work-arounds.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 31 January 2016 - 12:30 PM.

#14 Volts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 204 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 05:11 AM

The bright side to this is we are getting really short wait times for drops.

#15 Russhuster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 722 posts
  • LocationBayern

Posted 31 January 2016 - 06:12 AM

@ Der Hesse

You cannot force anybody to play the clay-pigeon for you

#16 fbj

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 239 posts
  • LocationBethlehem, PA

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:31 AM

How long before this guy gets a warning and this thread is removed for naming a shaming ?

#17 The Mecha Streisand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 245 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:43 AM

We all see what we want to see. Doesn't have to actually BE to be SEEN by those who want their scapegoats for their battered e-peen...

Cry me a river. "The big bad UNITS seal-clubbed me! WAH!"

Heard that before. Seriously, PM it to Russ...

#18 DivineEvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 903 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation, Moscow

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:49 AM

People, who play the faction they want are not to be blamed for anything. They do whatever they like as provided by CW mechanics.

People, who use CW status as an argument for balance are the ones who's doing it wrong. These things are completely unrelated.

Edited by DivineEvil, 31 January 2016 - 07:49 AM.

#19 IIIuminaughty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,445 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:55 AM

Its not PGI that is destroying the game it is, the players themselves. You guys can't put everything on PGI. YOU are the one playing, they have nothing to do with the gameplay in CW. You are the one that is in control, You are the one that is fighting, YOU are the one that is switching sides, YOU are the one the one that started the alliances between factions and YOU are the one complaining if you lose or win. Start putting blame on the community instead of PGI.

#20 fbj

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 239 posts
  • LocationBethlehem, PA

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:56 AM

View PostKin3ticX, on 31 January 2016 - 03:22 AM, said:

********, the whole lot of it

-MS- members spent REAL money on IS 'Mechs. There is no conspiracy to nerf our own 'mechs. BTW, most of my 'mechs are Inner Sphere.

I bought 7 Top Dogs. So yea, I really didn't want them to take away 25% Range quirks. But I under balancing a game and that Meta shifts. That is life. That is the chance you take.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users