Text-To-Speech For Voip And Ts3?

4 replies to this topic

#1 TELEFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 06:51 AM

I live in a household where I cannot use a microphone for voice communication. I do listen in on TS3 and VOIP to help coordinate with my team, but I find that in the heat of battle, it's hard for people to read what I type in the in-game chat.

Is there a program I can use that can convert what I type into speech that can be broadcast to my teammates over either the MWO VOIP or TS3? I was hoping I'd find something there I can type into a game overlay and send it like I'm talking using push-to-talk.

#2 TELEFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 03:55 PM

Nothing? :(

This seems like it would be a popular gadget for players who can't use a mic.

#3 Heartless Saint

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 75 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 04:35 PM

Sorry man, but Text to speech is always abused in games. So that is a no. Quick Commands that have sound would be nice.

#4 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 03 February 2016 - 04:43 PM

View PostTELEFORCE, on 31 January 2016 - 06:51 AM, said:

I live in a household where I cannot use a microphone for voice communication. I do listen in on TS3 and VOIP to help coordinate with my team, but I find that in the heat of battle, it's hard for people to read what I type in the in-game chat.

Is there a program I can use that can convert what I type into speech that can be broadcast to my teammates over either the MWO VOIP or TS3? I was hoping I'd find something there I can type into a game overlay and send it like I'm talking using push-to-talk.

cool story bro

#5 Farnsworthiness

• PipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 09:56 PM

Would this work for you? May need a separate monitor / keyboard and you'd need to cross connect the audio out to the mic input on your normal computer...

https://learn.adafru...he-raspberry-pi

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users