Stability/perfromance Feedback

4 replies to this topic

#1 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:10 PM

While doing some tests i had several Black Screen Crashes when attempting to load a Testing Ground Map or when loading a Quick Play Map (did no CW or PrivM).
Also several Black Screen Crashes when i was going through my Mechs in the Mechbay and clicked Select Mech.

Sys is Win10 x64 Pro
MWO x64 1920x1200 Dx11 High to Very High (PP+Env on Low), Glow/Glass/Blur/Vsync Off.
FX8350
R9 280X (16.1 Driver)
X-Fi Titanium
2x4GB DDR3 1600
2x 1TB HD
No SSD

Peformance with the Crimson 16.1 Driver and the recent MWO Version is pretty good - no flickering anymore at the Voting Screen (i hate voting nevertheless) and no serious Slow Downs so far but a few known Map-Locations that behave strangely bad on the Production Server but run smooth in the Testing Grounds.

PS: When clicking Quick Play i get a crapload of wrong "Search Cancelled" Pop Ups but the search does go on...

Edited by Thorqemada, 01 February 2016 - 04:05 AM.

#2 Troutmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 01 February 2016 - 08:33 PM

View PostThorqemada, on 31 January 2016 - 04:10 PM, said:

While doing some tests i had several Black Screen Crashes when attempting to load a Testing Ground Map or when loading a Quick Play Map (did no CW or PrivM).
Also several Black Screen Crashes when i was going through my Mechs in the Mechbay and clicked Select Mech.

Sys is Win10 x64 Pro
MWO x64 1920x1200 Dx11 High to Very High (PP+Env on Low), Glow/Glass/Blur/Vsync Off.
FX8350
R9 280X (16.1 Driver)
X-Fi Titanium
2x4GB DDR3 1600
2x 1TB HD
No SSD

Peformance with the Crimson 16.1 Driver and the recent MWO Version is pretty good - no flickering anymore at the Voting Screen (i hate voting nevertheless) and no serious Slow Downs so far but a few known Map-Locations that behave strangely bad on the Production Server but run smooth in the Testing Grounds.

PS: When clicking Quick Play i get a crapload of wrong "Search Cancelled" Pop Ups but the search does go on...

If you click Quick Play more than once it will show "Search Cancelled" for each click beyond the first. I have reported this and PGI have passed it onto QA. Should be an easy fix so I'll be disappointed if I don't see it in the next patch notes

#3 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 05:56 AM

I click Quick Play once but the game may recognize many clicks...also the search does not stop - its only the message popup appears - should it not stop?

PS: I know the game does recongnize "Ghost Clicks" from nowhere bcs when i rarely run the U/AC5 and hold the button the Gun erratically double fires instead of waiting for the full Cooldown.
The rate of theses false "Search Cancelled" Messages indicates the the rate of "Ghost Clicks" has dramatically increased!

Edited by Thorqemada, 02 February 2016 - 06:03 AM.

#4 Troutmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 07 February 2016 - 09:26 PM

View PostThorqemada, on 02 February 2016 - 05:56 AM, said:

I click Quick Play once but the game may recognize many clicks...also the search does not stop - its only the message popup appears - should it not stop?

PS: I know the game does recongnize "Ghost Clicks" from nowhere bcs when i rarely run the U/AC5 and hold the button the Gun erratically double fires instead of waiting for the full Cooldown.
The rate of theses false "Search Cancelled" Messages indicates the the rate of "Ghost Clicks" has dramatically increased!

You're mouse might have some clicking issues. Mine had this issue with the right button and I had to replace it.
As for the search cancelled pop up the original search isn't cancelled, but the ones started by the extra clicks are.

#5 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 11:52 PM

I thought about the Mouse but if so it would have the same behavior in other games too - but so far this is MWO specific.
Since some days the Problem is mainly gone anyway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users