#1 Muzakman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 102 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationChicago

Posted 01 February 2016 - 04:38 AM

Ever since the switch to XSolla payment provider, I've had a rough time purchasing from mwomercs.com.

When I first tried to buy the Marauder, my card was "declined", and I almost immediately received a phone call from Citibank asking if I was OK, etc... Less than a month later, my card is canceled and I'm sent a new one by Citibank because they said they had evidence that the card was compromised. When I asked them what merchant they think it stemmed from, they of course wouldn't say. I ended up using a different card altogether for the purchase, which also netted me a call from the fraud department but fortunately not a new card.

Fast-forward, and I go through the exact same rigmarole when trying to buy the Warhammer. I even got to get ANOTHER new card.

The timing is suspicious in and of itself, but it wasn't until I attempted to purchase the Archer (before the early rewards deadline, but that's a different support topic) and pressed the fraud department person from Citibank about it that I got the most info yet. The operator told me that XSolla has had a history of issues with fraudulent transactions and that was all they could say since there were active investigations pending.

What this adds up to is an unwillingness on my part to undertake the purchase process, not because I don't want to buy something (dear god do I want a rifleman) but because I simply don't want to deal with the shrapnel. Is this a Known Thing? Any chance of it getting resolved?

Thanks

#2 Narcissistic Martyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 01 February 2016 - 11:51 AM

Since it's a foreign company (Canada while America's hat is in fact its own country too apparently) you probably need to call your bank and explicitly tell them to whitelist PGI and XSolla for you. Then you shouldn't have those issues. But if Citibank is gonna be a pain you can use your card to buy bitcoins or giftcards and then pay with those.

#3 Muzakman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 102 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 01 February 2016 - 01:34 PM

Good thought Narcissistic Martyr, I didn't consider the "foreign company" aspect of it - I kinda assumed that Citibank would, you know, notice that I'd been purchasing things from PGI for going on 3 some-odd years now (ah Ilya, my first hero mech in open Beta...)

#4 Trifler

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:59 PM

Well another part of it is that whenever you get a new credit card number, your purchase history starts anew, so they wouldn't have a record of your purchasing from PGI for three years anymore.

Also, a problem I'm having is that since they break the pack and the hero into separate purchases (and now a third step with the Kodiak) the credit card's computer says "hey, why so many purchases in a just a couple of minutes?" which can trigger a fraud alert.

Edited by Trifler, 03 February 2016 - 07:01 PM.

#5 Muzakman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 102 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 04 February 2016 - 08:33 AM

View PostTrifler, on 03 February 2016 - 06:59 PM, said:

Also, a problem I'm having is that since they break the pack and the hero into separate purchases (and now a third step with the Kodiak) the credit card's computer says "hey, why so many purchases in a just a couple of minutes?" which can trigger a fraud alert.

This. Why they are separate purchases makes no sense to me, and it certainly doesn't save PGI money -- it eats into margins since now they're having to pay 2 separate transaction fees instead of 1.

#6 storm0545

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 94 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 04:27 PM

well on top of these issues, with them removing karma koin as an option i have no method i wish to use to buy stuff anymore since i do not own a credit card and will not get one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users