Lfg And Some Advice

4 replies to this topic

#1 TheSpinefarm

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 06:11 AM

Hello, I started playing Friday night and have pretty much no lifed the game since. I am looking to get into clan wars and have been reading a lot of stuff ok here and other places.

Just a few things.

First, I just got elite for my Raven which I enjoy playing. I run the xl295, 2mlas, tag, ecm and narc. Is this a viable boat for CW or should I start grinding a new light?

I just bought the mastery pick for the hunch back, which I also enjoy. Same thing, is this viable or should I look at another?

Also, I work 7-7 alternating day and night shift so my schedule is wacky. But I do have 15 days off a month and my entire 2016 schedule mapped.

Anybody that needs someone who will be dedicated but cant play the same day and time every week, I'm your man. Looking through all the recruiting stuff is pretty intimidating, hoping someone reads this and says "Prefect guy for my clan!" Sorry if that comes across as lazy (I'm not, just anxious to get started) or this is the wrong place to post.

I played a lot of world of tanks, including clan wars which reminds me allot of this game. But the documentation for clan wars and how it works its pretty bad for this game. Asking for help from anyone that wants a willing to learn dedicated payerto add to their roster.

I mainly use team speak, but spent a lot of time on vent also. And it's nutty like anew voip is hard to learn. Sorry for any misspellings, at work and using my phone.

#2 kneuen

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 07:30 AM

Every faction has a central communications hub for teamspeak. Almost all units will have a representative of their unit on that central hub to try to recruit. That being said, until you choose a faction, it will be hard to get in contact with unit reps. Which faction? That's entirely up to you. If you don't have a lore based favorite, you might consider doing a 7 day contract with a faction and reevaluate if that is the faction you want. CW is set up almost exclusively along the faction lines, so while you may certainly drop as a "blank shield" almost anywhere, getting into the organized 12 man teams without a faction alliance is difficult at best.

My personal recommendation for a starting deck for CW is 3 Thunderbolts and a Firestarter. This will allow you to work towards levelling out one set of mechs, the Thunderbolt is relatively tough, has a decent loadout and can be used (with care) on almost any map. The Firestarter is an excellent combat light and is useful in almost any fight.

That being said (and no, I am not an objective source), I would recommend beginning with Davion. Our teamspeak usually has at least 1 12 man team running 24/7 and there are plenty of different units looking for people who are willing to learn, cooperate and are looking to have fun.

ts50.bargainvoice.com:7345

By no means does joining a faction mean you are stuck in that faction forever, you may change at virtually any time. Below is a link to a presentation that covers the absolute basics regarding Community Warfare and a variety of other subjects. Good luck!

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bmIEjECA6IbWRm92vmylZNv2QYVc5gXO7CT9jMITOrM/edit?pref=2&
pli=1#slide=id.g263f6502b_00

#3 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 09 February 2016 - 12:42 PM

View PostTheSpinefarm, on 01 February 2016 - 06:11 AM, said:

Hello, I started playing Friday night and have pretty much no lifed the game since. I am looking to get into clan wars and have been reading a lot of stuff ok here and other places.

Just a few things.

First, I just got elite for my Raven which I enjoy playing. I run the xl295, 2mlas, tag, ecm and narc. Is this a viable boat for CW or should I start grinding a new light?

I just bought the mastery pick for the hunch back, which I also enjoy. Same thing, is this viable or should I look at another?

Also, I work 7-7 alternating day and night shift so my schedule is wacky. But I do have 15 days off a month and my entire 2016 schedule mapped.

Anybody that needs someone who will be dedicated but cant play the same day and time every week, I'm your man. Looking through all the recruiting stuff is pretty intimidating, hoping someone reads this and says "Prefect guy for my clan!" Sorry if that comes across as lazy (I'm not, just anxious to get started) or this is the wrong place to post.

I played a lot of world of tanks, including clan wars which reminds me allot of this game. But the documentation for clan wars and how it works its pretty bad for this game. Asking for help from anyone that wants a willing to learn dedicated payerto add to their roster.

I mainly use team speak, but spent a lot of time on vent also. And it's nutty like anew voip is hard to learn. Sorry for any misspellings, at work and using my phone.

feel free to join us on Marik's TS server
housemarik.enjinvoice.com

no password

There's no time requirements. You can jump on, drop with whoever you want and play as long or as short as you like. We also have groups running in CW if you're interested in CW drops.

If nothing else, I'm usually on the server even if I'm not actively playing. Feel free to poke me if you jump on and have any questions

#4 Ductus Hase

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 09 February 2016 - 02:01 PM

Do not rely on your allies to run LRM in CW - at least as IS.

Since LRMs aren´t considered meta right now your Ravenbuild is wasting 35tons and a wave (allies almost have to fight 11v12) if you aren´t running with a premade using LRMs.

Keep your Raven in case the tonnagelimits get reduced again - equip your Raven with ECM and 2x ER Large Laser (like the Championbuild). You might want to reduce the Engine to XL255, take the Armor off the left arm and put in more Heatsinks for those Tons... and switch some more backarmor to front:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...033a55f3b8f5ec7

Go for 4 Heavies (Thunderbolds are considered best right now) with Pulseweaponry (Large Pulse or Medium Pulse) or Large Laserboats.

Check out these pages:
For Meta-Builds:
http://metamechs.com/?lang=de

For your own Builds:
http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/

Feel free to take a look at House Steiner - we usually are able to fight clans and IS (only IS right now due to -MS- shenanigans.

The Hub is a good place to start, fielding several international units:
http://lcaf.houseste...-hub/teamspeak3

If you do speak german send me an invite and I´ll happily introduce you to several units.

#5 PsychoMike55

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 06 March 2016 - 11:58 PM

If you're still looking for a great group of guys to do CW with try the 502nd Panzer Brigade. We don't have too many rules and our motto is "Hold my beer, and watch this". They can be found at http://502ndpanzer.enjin.com and we use ts50.bargainvoice.com:7345

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users