Freeze And Fast Forward

5 replies to this topic

#1 Kasimir Wulf

Rookie

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 12:19 PM

So i'm at my wits end trying to figure out whats causing this issue. Fun part is its only with this game.

I can be playing on any map at any graphics level, and will get a 1-5 video and input command freeze. Example, I will throttle forward to poke. It'll freeze. Then everything will fast forward and my mech will be in the open getting hit.

During the freeze only MWO is effected. Teamspeak will be fine.

Thank you for your time,
Kasimir Wulf

Windows 7
FX 6300 Oc'd 4.3
R9 270
8gb Ram

#2 Golrar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 359 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 02 February 2016 - 12:09 AM

I had this occasionally with my GTX 650Ti before I upgraded. Deleting and reinstalling drivers did not help, and changing graphics fidelity or going from DX9 to DX11 did not help, neither did 32bit to 64bit client. It would just randomly do this, usually after about an hour of play, and the only way to get it back was to ALT+TAB out of the game and back in.

I never fully explained it, and I upgraded to a GTX970 and it never came back, so I think it was something with the card. I would log my MSI afterburner and never saw heat spikes, but did see memory usage spikes (was only a 1 GB card), so that may have been it. But your 270 should be a 2GB card so that is likely not your issue.

If I were you, I would start logging your PC's activities through Afterburner if you have it and through the Performance Monitor in Windows and see if there are any spikes when it happens, either memory, CPU, or even HDD (if you have a platter drive).

#3 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 957 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 02 February 2016 - 01:26 AM

Hi Kasimir Wulf!

What's your ping rate? you can see your ping time next to your player name and mech on the "Press Ready-screen or when you press TAB during the match.
Is it changing rapidly (for example hoping between 30 and 200+)?

Then your internet connection is the problem causing those "teleports".

Greetings

el piro

Edited by el piromaniaco, 02 February 2016 - 01:41 AM.

#4 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 02 February 2016 - 02:36 AM

Golrar may be on the right track. The absence of stuttering or packet loss in TS would indicate this may be CPU/GPU issue.

Possibly data being transmitted from CPU to GPU being bottlenecked somewhere then sent in a burst or something similar on the GPU end?

#5 xWiredx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:20 AM

Would definitely recommend OP take GPU and CPU measurements in-game. Would also like more verbose system data and in-game settings. Just says OCed chip and 8GB of RAM, but specifics can matter. An unstable OC could be a cause, just like heat, excessive RAM/VRAM use, drivers/driver settings, etc.

#6 Oderint dum Metuant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:29 AM

Assuming that this is the only game you experience an issue with. And that programs like TS are not effected it would sound like a hardware issue.

It would be worth checking in game ping and a traceroute to the website to just be sure.

Check your CPU usage while in game perhaps you have too much running in the background and the CPU is starved.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users