Lured To Liao Under False Advertisment!

32 replies to this topic

#1 Svarn Lornon

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 01:35 PM

So we read and heard for two weeks that Liao is under heavy siege from Marik and Davion forces and desperately needs support from mercenaries, claiming there was fame, glory and money to earn. So after finishing our obligations to house Steiner we accepted the contracted to fight for your house. And now? You've got a treaty again with Marik and Davion is only sending their freshly trained troops to fight on their border! That is if they are sending anyone at all!
Were are the big fights that we were promised?!

Edited by Svarn Lornon, 01 February 2016 - 01:46 PM.

#2 Jaymes Valluche

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 01:41 PM

I dunno. The Marik thing hasn't been publicly declared, and I'm a little leery of any 'truce' until I see a post detailing how they plan on dealing with all the territory they took between us and Liao.
Also, Davion might be laying low right now, but they keep retaking Sarna, so I have to assume they're sending their A-team at *some* point in the day.

#3 S T I N G S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 01 February 2016 - 01:49 PM

We have stopped hitting Liao because we took our 8 planets back.

Marik is now back at war with Davion

#4 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 01 February 2016 - 02:17 PM

oh, so you won't mind if we take PALOS since we took it from Davion, not Marik?

#5 Orkdung

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 296 posts
  • LocationCCAF Sian

Posted 01 February 2016 - 04:41 PM

View PostSvarn Lornon, on 01 February 2016 - 01:35 PM, said:

So we read and heard for two weeks that Liao is under heavy siege from Marik and Davion forces and desperately needs support from mercenaries, claiming there was fame, glory and money to earn. So after finishing our obligations to house Steiner we accepted the contracted to fight for your house. And now? You've got a treaty again with Marik and Davion is only sending their freshly trained troops to fight on their border! That is if they are sending anyone at all!

Where were you last night?

#6 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 05:30 PM

View PostJaymes Valluche, on 01 February 2016 - 01:41 PM, said:

I dunno. The Marik thing hasn't been publicly declared, and I'm a little leery of any 'truce' until I see a post detailing how they plan on dealing with all the territory they took between us and Liao.

I believe I can help with that.

*ahem*

We intend to keep them.

#7 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 05:59 PM

I apologize to any mercenaries just joining us, but you've shown up late for the party. If they had answered the advertisement sooner, they would have found a very different situation. It pays to stay up on the latest news of potential employers and their neighbors. House Marik has concluded its reprisals for the violations of our NAP last week. Only Palos remains in dispute.

Nonetheless, even with the conclusion of the Marik/Liao border disagreement, the Federated Suns continues to provide House Liao with plenty of opposition, typically at all hours.

Has House Davion has lost their nerve? The Davions were quite brave while House Marik was taking back planets, and Federated Sun supporters talk a big game here on the forums.

Is House Davion unwilling to fight?

#8 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 01 February 2016 - 07:57 PM

View PostGI Journalist, on 01 February 2016 - 05:59 PM, said:

Has House Davion has lost their nerve? The Davions were quite brave while House Marik was taking back planets, and Federated Sun supporters talk a big game here on the forums.

We here at All-around-the-Suns asked a random AFFS MechWarrior this same question, his reply was barely understandable through his Scots accent but we got the jist....

"Bring it oan, ya bunch a wee sassenachs. Unwillin' tae fight?!? I'll f@$#in' fight 'em awe right, bloody PuG drop city, wae a bunch oh green recruits but a'll be there!!!!"

I think it's safe to say that's one Davion warrior that hasn't lost the will to fight. Back to you in the studio.

#9 Orkdung

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 296 posts
  • LocationCCAF Sian

Posted 01 February 2016 - 09:49 PM

Love me some xX PUG Xx !

#10 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 01 February 2016 - 09:54 PM

I do try..... or is it I am trying, never really got the difference ;)

#11 Svarn Lornon

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 93 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 03:27 AM

As grml666 already said, we were dropping on Sarna on sunday ;) Yesterday we dropped on Spica but sadly mostly had ghostdrops or fresh troops against us sprinkeld with the rare premades.

View PostOrkdung, on 01 February 2016 - 04:41 PM, said:

Where were you last night?

#12 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts
  • LocationWoogi, Taurian Concordat

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:17 AM

View PostGI Journalist, on 01 February 2016 - 05:59 PM, said:

Without that sweet 4:1 ratio they don't even want to try.

#13 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 02 February 2016 - 02:55 PM

oh, you guys are the [JAGF] unit?

#14 Marcus Cato

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 03:04 PM

Faction Play is starving for matches and you play politics, play this game, the map is worthless because of CW Phase 3 starting in April

#15 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 03:43 PM

View PostMarcus Cato, on 02 February 2016 - 03:04 PM, said:

Faction Play is starving for matches and you play politics, play this game, the map is worthless because of CW Phase 3 starting in April

And that map will be worthless because of phase 4 and so on. Its BS like that that starves CW of players.

If people would spend half as much energy promoting the game as trying to demoralize and drive people away CW would be in a far better position.

#16 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 02 February 2016 - 03:58 PM

View PostMaxwell Albritten, on 02 February 2016 - 09:17 AM, said:

Without that sweet 4:1 ratio they don't even want to try.

We are back to 3 fronts... Something your supreme chancellor is convinced he's experiencing despite the fact you only have ONE front to focus on...

#17 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 04:13 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 02 February 2016 - 03:58 PM, said:

We are back to 3 fronts... Something your supreme chancellor is convinced he's experiencing despite the fact you only have ONE front to focus on...

Yeah. You think they would have understood the benefits of faction fighting a 3 front war. When Marik and Davion wasn't fighting Liao was still throwing everything they had at Davion and was losing since Davion had more troops to spare. Now that they are again occupied Liao is begging to go back to losing. Go figure.

#18 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 02 February 2016 - 05:10 PM

Seriously, if mercs want to keep busy, come to Davion. 3 fronts being attacked consistently and we don't always have the manpower to fully staff all 3. Yes, there are times when our numbers swell but when we are the only active front for Liao and possibly Marik... I don't hear enough from Kurita to know if they are butting heads with anyone. We may be the only southern house that can offer hot IS on IS action all the time...

Of course I say then and Liao will go bury their heads in the sand (tin foil hats and all!) If we mount a notable offensive. Not a prob, 2 other fronts waiting for you...

Unless I am mistaken, and FWL please correct me if I am wrong, our NAP with Marik is over now that they've reclaimed their worlds from Liao...

If that is the case, then come to Davion and pick a direction to push... no worries about diplomacy... just targets on all sides.

Edited by MovinTarget, 02 February 2016 - 05:15 PM.

#19 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 02 February 2016 - 05:17 PM

View PostSvarn Lornon, on 01 February 2016 - 01:35 PM, said:

Welcome to the LPC: Liao Paranoia Complex

#20 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 05:42 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 02 February 2016 - 05:10 PM, said:

Seriously, if mercs want to keep busy, come to Davion. 3 fronts being attacked consistently and we don't always have the manpower to fully staff all 3. Yes, there are times when our numbers swell but when we are the only active front for Liao and possibly Marik... I don't hear enough from Kurita to know if they are butting heads with anyone. We may be the only southern house that can offer hot IS on IS action all the time...

Of course I say then and Liao will go bury their heads in the sand (tin foil hats and all!) If we mount a notable offensive. Not a prob, 2 other fronts waiting for you...

Unless I am mistaken, and FWL please correct me if I am wrong, our NAP with Marik is over now that they've reclaimed their worlds from Liao...

If that is the case, then come to Davion and pick a direction to push... no worries about diplomacy... just targets on all sides.

It is over and as far as I know we have been pushing. My computer broke down in Friday so I don't really know what is going on "in the ground " right now but I know at least 3 Davion planets have been taken. Zion. Gan singh. And epsilon eridani.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users