View PostStoneblade, on 02 February 2016 - 02:55 PM, said:

oh, you guys are the [JAGF] unit?

#22 Svarn Lornon

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 01:42 AM

Well, you know how it is.... we had to finish up on some prior obligations and it was also easier to convince everyone to move after the threat of clan jade falcon was gone so it took some time finalize the new contract. And just the day we finally switch the Marik front folds ;)

View PostGI Journalist, on 01 February 2016 - 05:59 PM, said:

I apologize to any mercenaries just joining us, but you've shown up late for the party. If they had answered the advertisement sooner, they would have found a very different situation. It pays to stay up on the latest news of potential employers and their neighbors. House Marik has concluded its reprisals for the violations of our NAP last week. Only Palos remains in dispute.

#23 Danjo San

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:33 AM

View PostGeneralKota307, on 01 February 2016 - 01:49 PM, said:

We have stopped hitting Liao because we took our 8 planets back.

Marik is now back at war with Davion

looks to me like marik took back 12 planets, so i guess you dont mind if we even that out again and take 4 back on our path to LIAO

View PostSvarn Lornon, on 03 February 2016 - 12:51 AM, said:

Thats right, in flesh and bone Posted Image

tonight is CW with [MERC] and [SHZ] ... freuen uns auf große gemeinsame Drops mit euch

#24 Risen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 192 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:44 AM

German incursion, shall we feel threatened? ;)

And a patch towards LIAO sounds very good!

#25 Svarn Lornon

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 93 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 04:23 AM

Well, drink a Tsingtao while you contemplate this question :)
Getting back Liao sure sounds like a good plan.

View PostRisen, on 04 February 2016 - 12:44 AM, said:

German incursion, shall we feel threatened? Posted Image

And a patch towards LIAO sounds very good!

Edited by Svarn Lornon, 04 February 2016 - 04:26 AM.

#26 Heart of Storm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 155 posts
  • Location[Redacted]

Posted 04 February 2016 - 04:34 AM

Not really false advertisement. Marik engaged in limited war with Liao, Liao called for Mercs to defend against Marik and Davion.

Marik achieved their war aims and the conflict ended, Liao has returned to its normal business of reclaiming planets from Davion, currently the front-randomiser is giving us drops in the St. Ives Compact. Davion has gone back to wringing their hands and complaining that the largest IS faction in game cant possibly spare enough warriors to defend against the games two smallest factions.

I presume Davion high command has some dubious contract with their turret and drop beacon manufacturing industries and are lining their pockets at the expense of the subgated Liao worlds they stole in the 4th succession war.

For those asking about Marik planets. Marik took 9 planets for Liao, not 12 or whatever else people are claiming. Palos was taken off Davion, so doesnt count as a lost Liao world, in the same way that if if we were to reclaim a Marik world lost to Davion it would be fair game

#27 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 05:07 AM

Which TZ are you dropping in ? Most of the action should be in NA Timezone.

#28 actionking

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 79 posts
  • LocationDortmund, Germany

Posted 04 February 2016 - 05:43 AM

We are in CET.

#29 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 04 February 2016 - 05:44 AM

The VAST majority of drops (organised or not) on the Davion side are in the NA timezone. Early evening in the EU timezone is lucky to get 1 to 3 formed 12 mans on the Davion TS. This is the main reason Liao has a fairly easy time of it during their main window (don't get me wrong you have some damn good players but they are rarely facing hardened opposition). Later into the evening/night for the EU TZ, sees the numbers pickup but it is usually still a hodge podge mix of units and nontagged players like myself.

It is also apparent that attacking Liao is ghost drop city until the planet reaches 51%, which leads to frustration and boredom amongst many players, who wants to do that for 1 1/2 hours before getting a fight? Another highlight of the population disparity? Perhaps, it would explain why there are so many Davion solo droppers available to defend but not so with Liao.

Meh, I don't have access to the numbers so it's all guesswork.

I was trying to drop on as many Liao - Davion planets as possible but my contract has ran out and I'm thinking of doing a little tour before the next phase comes along. Probably 1 week on another Faction and 1 week Davion, rinse repeat, until Phase 3 drops.

#30 Svarn Lornon

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 93 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 07:08 AM

As long as a full drop is waiting, we will also do drops no matter how many % are on a planet. Only speaking for JAGF of course :)
Ofc it depends on what is going on at that moment.

#31 Heart of Storm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 155 posts
  • Location[Redacted]

Posted 04 February 2016 - 08:51 AM

The 51% thing i presume is because loyalist units and organised 12 mans prefer to attack rather then defend, we dont have a large population so our solo players tend to follow the call of the bigger groups and fill in the gaps for us, rather then try form a group on a 12-0 planet.

If its any consolation we rarely see serious Davion players until about the same sort of percentage, until then its ghost drops or PUG clubbing.

#32 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 04 February 2016 - 09:49 AM

Numbers are a hard thing, for Liao we maybe, a big MAYBE, able to organise two 12 man drops during the weekdays on the NA Prime. But most of it is still rounding up PUGS using faction chat and trying to get them on comms. Weekends are different.
But the bottom line remains: Population and boring game modes. after 5 drops, I'm done playing CW each evening(win or Lose).

#33 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:42 AM

View PostStoneblade, on 04 February 2016 - 09:49 AM, said:

Numbers are a hard thing, for Liao we maybe, a big MAYBE, able to organise two 12 man drops during the weekdays on the NA Prime. But most of it is still rounding up PUGS using faction chat and trying to get them on comms. Weekends are different.
But the bottom line remains: Population and boring game modes. after 5 drops, I'm done playing CW each evening(win or Lose).

During our TS servers' prime times and on weekends we can generally field 3-4 12mans at our peak (based on numbers I saw during the last big bruhaha we jsut had with Liao)

Most commonly it's 2 at any given time. That doesn't include our solo players we pick up in faction chat or mercs though.

Mercs, for the most part, seem to just slide around looking for the most action. If your faction has an active border you tend to get more mercs and such floating through.

This is why we as a community are going to have to organize some of this if we want to improve CW. Phase 3 isn't going to change any of the dynamics involved in this issue, it's something we'll have to take a look at improving ourselves honestly

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users