nova

4 replies to this topic

#1 ILikePeaches

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 08:07 PM

Trying my hand at video making while piloting a fun build. It's a fairly decent brawler and can still put hurt on with the C-UAC5 at a distance. Lots of fun to make some pilots dirty their drawers when faced with a stream of ballistics. That left arm is also a beast. I know the video quality is spotty in some parts, I didn't realize how much higher my bitrate settings needed to be at the time.

Let me know what you guys think.

Edited by ILikePeaches, 02 February 2016 - 08:14 PM.

#2 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 08:22 PM

I think i'd have liked to see the damage numbers for those matches. I can't imagine they were very high.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Nova. I love MGs. I even love them together.

But, I can admit that it needs work. If you're dead-set on UAC 5, I have some ideas.

MG's are just a terrible weapon. Low damage, a huge CoF (I know it's a hitscan weapon, but CoF is convenient to call it), and really, really short range.

You're also heat-neutral. If you're heat neutral, you're generally doing it wrong. You can fit some lasers on there somewhere and make it more effective.

This build: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b4f0ebd969d4bb0

Has 4 ER mediums and a UAC 5 in the high torso-mounted slot. Nova arms aren't great for sheilding, but you can try with the right arm since it's dead.

The heat is alright, and the damage output is much better. You've got far more range and stopping power.

Edited by Night Thastus, 02 February 2016 - 08:24 PM.

#3 ILikePeaches

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 08:29 PM

There were a few end game stats in the video. When I do decent I rack up around 200-400 average, but I think I could pull off more quite easily if I played more tactically and waited to pounce on mechs with already weakened armor. In this vid I'm mostly charging in, well, like Rambo as the title says. Personally I like the fact I don't need to factor in heat, it's just one less thing to have to manage in combat. Also, pause the vid where I zoom in on the quirks. I get +32 armor for the left arm. Though I admit, lasers are the way to go for more reliable damage dealing.

Edited by ILikePeaches, 02 February 2016 - 08:30 PM.

#4 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 08:56 PM

You asked for opinion, then defend a bad mech.

Managing heat is a skill you need to master in any 'Mech, regardless of what weapons it has. The 3x UAC5 + 2x UAC10 dire still generates heat. Anything worth anything generates heat.

Your build has extremely limited range, limited DPS and no ability to focus damage on a single component. 200-400 damage is respectable in a T4 match. Not T2 where you are.

I'm not saying any of this to be rude or mean, it's just a fact (like any other) of life: The sky is blue. You need to drink water to live. That build is terrible and not competitive even slightly in T2.

Edited by Night Thastus, 02 February 2016 - 09:25 PM.

#5 Tezzereth

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:17 AM

I dunno.
I can consistently hit the 300 range with a 12 flamer and 4 machine gun Nova. I always die, but it's hilarious as a whole team guns you down as your team pushes and rear cores them all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users