10 replies to this topic

#1 Madrummer

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 63 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:09 PM

How do I go about reporting abuse by players to the right people?
Members of the [HoE] group were on voice comms swearing and calling random people in the lobby f**gots, ni**ers, and imagining **** scenarios. I'm not sure how reporting goes with this game, as I haven't really had to worry about it. Usually it's just someone raging, but when an entire lance of immature people are acting like that, it takes us down as a community. So, whoever I need to report some members of [HoE], please let me know.

Edited by Madrummer, 02 February 2016 - 11:21 PM.

#2 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:15 PM

you report them while in a match.
Push the tab button, highlight their name and the rest should be self-explanatory.
You could also wait for the end of the match and do it on the score board.

However, I do believe posting their info (gamer tags) on the forum is not allowed, despite any good intentions you may have

#3 MechWarrior4023212

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 367 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:21 PM

yes wait until the end of game and click on the match tab, then click on their name to report them.

#4 Madrummer

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 63 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:21 PM

Redacted.
And thanks.

#5 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:26 PM

Since it's too late to use the report tool now, if you've a screenshot you could use the ole' Moderation@Mwomercs.com email address to file one now. I know that's how we used to do things in the old days, before they simplified things.

~Leone.

#6 Madrummer

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 63 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:30 PM

Thanks Leone. I do have a couple screenshots of their names, but they were on voice comms so hopefully they have some way of noticing it. I appreciate your help. I normally let this slide, but when a group of kids are being abusive just for the sake of it, I get a little annoyed after a while.

#7 Raubwurst

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:52 PM

Do you remember the time of the match?
Try to write to the support via address above ans include the following information (as detailed as possible) :
- time (incl. your timezone)
- quickplay / group / cw
- map
- mode
- screenshot
with these information they should be able to find the mentioned game.
There is a way to investigate voice abuse, but I don't know if the neccessary information is stored, when no one reports the match (as they take up storage capacity). But maybe we are lucky or a teammate reported them and the files are accessible.

#8 Excalibur21ADFS

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 07:38 AM

I'd just like to add on that he is not the first one to encounter this behavior. I encountered the exact same thing when I fought with them(HoE). And a buddy of mine was recently in a match where they team killed someone just cause they had a ping +200.

Honestly they're a serious issue and they need to be gone.

Edited by Excalibur21ADFS, 10 February 2016 - 07:38 AM.

#9 Morggo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC, USA

Posted 10 February 2016 - 07:45 AM

Again... have a care posting names and unit tags... don't know if or how often it occurs but we'd hate to see good intent persons end up penalized for cos violations. But otherwise, I whole heartedly agree we should all help patrol and clean up ingame communications.

I've recently seen an increase in both voice and chat abuse going well beyond good natured ribbing or venting a bad performance.
Also have run into more occurrences of people openly suggesting TK'ing bad pings or mid game DC's. Several individuals in particular I've noticed recently when they come up in drops.

Edited by Morggo, 10 February 2016 - 12:03 PM.

#10 The Mecha Streisand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 245 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 03:32 PM

100% unsat. And I am a walking/talking ethnic joke.

Sadly, the usefulness of the report tool is virtually zilch. Some players openly mock others reporting them for nonparticipation reporting when they suicide out of a match. They know. They are frequently reported, but virtually never moderated for it.

REPORT IT ANYWAY.

And honestly, we could use a name-n-shame so we know who to watch out for.

#11 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 10 February 2016 - 09:51 PM

The thing is that PGI will not act on a single report, I wouldn't either if I were them. But, they DO indeed act on them if they get several complaints from different people on different occasions. ANY abusive behavior needs to be reported because PGI will take action if the abuse is ongoing and not just a one-off.

In addition, in the above case, I suggest noticing whether or not they are members of a group. If they are, I'd report the group as well. I don't know if PGI can ban or disband a group because of abuse, but I imagine they might if the complaints against them are suggesting that their organization is okay with that kind of abuse.

Edited by mailin, 11 February 2016 - 03:48 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users