107 replies to this topic

#21 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:43 PM

This will be a pretty nice weekend for grinding out some errant un-mastered mechs that I have lying around. Mostly assaults . . . I'm just not an assault mech kind of guy. I've also got 1350 MC that have been slowly accumulated from the rewards of the last year or so. I'll probably use that to convert a nice chunk of xp and help things along a bit . . . or close up some of my many gaps on the weapon modules.

As for people saying MC-XP conversions aren't worth it . . . maybe not under standard circumstances. During these 2x XP events that conversion rate is quite nice. It's a great way to unlock mech and weapon modules. Also, not everyone has the time to just grind everything out. For those willing to pay for the convenience, these events are certainly worth the investment. After all, the many sayings about the amount of time and money in a person's life always being inversely proportional to each other absolutely apply here.

Besides, people have already done the conversions and anyone willing to invest in the MC to convert that much mech xp over to gxp is getting a reasonably fair value worth of MC in rewards. Not a bad deal, at all.

I just wish this event was hitting after I could assess the incoming Flamer change. I'd be inclined to spend some money on the event, with functional Flamers. Gah . . . 13 days to go . . . the wait is going to drive me even more crazy then I already am.

Edited by Sereglach, 03 February 2016 - 06:44 PM.

#22 ColonelProctor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 243 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHorn Lake, Mississippi

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:45 PM

Thanks for the double xp weekend. I just got a few Mechs to the Mastery level than can be done faster now.

#23 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 677 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:56 PM

Excellent I should be able to finish out my Highlander IIC's and Hunchback IIC's. Dare I try the Orion IIC?

#24 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 03 February 2016 - 07:08 PM

I like the event, especially the GXP conversion awards.

Is there a typo at the very beginning?

This Weekend is a Double XP weekend for All modes! That's twice as much MC as you would normally earn!

Since when do you earn MC, and since when would it be doubled during a Double XP weekend? Although, 0x2=0, so I guess it's correct...

#25 Xenon Codex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 575 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Over the Rainbow

Posted 03 February 2016 - 07:42 PM

That's twice as much MC as you would normally earn!

Please tell me, how do I earn MC???

#26 Kageru Ikazuchi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:14 PM

I love my island ... I earned it ... I was once on that island.

I stuck it out through the stormy times and it is now a fond reminder of how bad things really can get.

However, I am seriously torn about the prospect to get a third island for 20,000 MC ... that's a stupid amount of real world cash (even at the sale price at which I bought my last batch).

Maybe if there was also another MC sale ... maybe ... probably not, though.

#27 Seal Farmer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:27 PM

after the mech sales this is good.

:-)

#28 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:32 PM

View PostSeal Farmer, on 03 February 2016 - 08:27 PM, said:

after the mech sales this is good.

:-)

I salute your most noble profession, sir. :3

#29 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 10:02 PM

View PostXenon Codex, on 03 February 2016 - 07:42 PM, said:

Please tell me, how do I earn MC???

That is a typo should be XP not mc.
will fix that tomorrow

#30 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 03 February 2016 - 10:22 PM

Event page says "That's twice as much MC as you would normally earn!"

No, it's twice as much XP as we would normally earn.

#31 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 03 February 2016 - 10:51 PM

Double xp? Fine.

else: Hahahahaha.

Edited by kesmai, 03 February 2016 - 10:51 PM.

#32 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 03 February 2016 - 10:52 PM

I have 910k GXP.

No thanks on the XP conversion (I already have 1 million Mech XP on a few already).

In my MWO Lifetime, I've converted 0 Mech XP to GXP. I don't see this changing at all.

Edited by Deathlike, 03 February 2016 - 10:54 PM.

#33 Centurio GER

• Pip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 16 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 February 2016 - 11:26 PM

The gxp conversion rewards are a complete waste of mc.

#34 NeoCodex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 799 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 11:35 PM

Nice, thank you PGI! I requested this during last weekends event and I'm very happy to see it happening! It was more needed than a double c-bill event for some us OCD completionists. Time to activate some premium time and play MWO again!

#35 mikerso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 367 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 11:49 PM

Glad to see some veteran players warning about the Mc xp to gxp conversion.

Even at double the rate, it is not worth it. You can spend your Mc on hero mechs or something worth way more than these rewards. Believe me a hero will net you way more than 11 million.

The 20,000 Mc it takes is a $90 package. Way too pricy.

Thank you pgi for the double xp weekend, but the Mc conversion challenge makes me feel like you are desperate for money.

#36 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:26 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 03 February 2016 - 10:02 PM, said:

That is a typo should be XP not mc.
will fix that tomorrow

Damn... and here I was hoping double MC rewards from CW :D Only half a million drops left for rank 20. That should be manageable by Saturday.

Ill be really surprised if anyone actually converts enough XP to fill that challenge bar. OK, it is a nice addition to what would already have been converted using double conversion (Not that I had planned on doing it either way... double tripple or even quadruple)... but why in the world would you want to set the bar so high? I mean does anyone think that someone would blow around 80 USD (Going from the 25K MC package) just for XP conversion?

#37 NeoCodex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 799 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:32 AM

I converted tens of thousands xp to gxp to unlock all the modules in the past. Specially for weapon modules, there's so many of them. To get bonus rewards on top of double conversion is a good deal, so if new players need gxp to unlock the mech modules I would suggest now is the time to convert as much as possible.

And if somebody would go all the way? It's a bit much, but if you just started last month and in dire need of xp (specially gxp is very hard to come by as a new player), well, I think it's possible that some might do it. But 1 million is over doing it. About 100 to 200k should be enough to unlock most essential stuff, you don't really have to go overboard.

Edited by NeoCodex, 04 February 2016 - 12:40 AM.

#38 no one

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 533 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:52 AM

View Postmikerso, on 03 February 2016 - 11:49 PM, said:

Thank you pgi for the double xp weekend, but the Mc conversion challenge makes me feel like you are desperate for money.

Nah, it's more a symptom of PGI's baffling inability to assign value or to entice people. It's like if I went to a store and they had a special where if you buy five pounds of fermented anchovy cubes for 50$ (sorry, 25. . . they're half off!) they'll give you a stick of butter, free!

I mean. . . yes okay, in THEORY that's a good deal if I just couldn't live without stuffing my face with some fermented anchovy cubes? But then I came to the store for milk, and frankly fermented anchovies cubes aren't really a good value even half off when I can get 10 pounds of actual edible food for 25 bucks.

I mean, that's enough MC to get 60+ 'Mech bays or a couple hero 'Mechs right? The way they value things is simply not internally consistent. Like, I'm reminded of the time they released c-bill bundles and then people immediately did the math and found out that it was worse value than just straight up buying certain Mechs with MC and then selling them for c-bills.

I'm not trying to be an *** over this but come on PGI! You can sell better than that! I mean bare *** minimum make there be a choice of rewards. Make it so people can get a free stick of butter OR a free half gallon of milk and you've increased potential demand without increasing the value your offer. **** I'm hungry.

Edited by no one, 04 February 2016 - 12:57 AM.

#39 Windschreiter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 215 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:58 AM

I don't think the rewards is worth the Conversion price. Thanks for double xp though!

Especially when there might/will be a change to the Pilot Skill Trees incoming. Not sure whether already invested GXP will be lost or not - so better be careful there.

Edited by Windschreiter, 04 February 2016 - 12:59 AM.

#40 Beren Valari

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 56 posts
  • LocationSeoul

Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:33 AM

Pretty sure if you have a mil XP to convert you have probably already maxed out the skill trees and pilot trees. What good is GXP for that? Should convernt directly to CBills.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users