#1 Shirow

• PipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 45 posts
  • LocationTexas :)

Posted 04 February 2016 - 04:08 AM

morning

After watching a few games that use the Oculus Rift, was wondering what better then a MWO with VR :).

who thinks the MWO devs should get a Oculus Dev Kit, and
get started on it?

#2 Jackalhit

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 02 March 2016 - 12:48 AM

I'm hoping that shortly after the Rift and Vive ship, there will be some news on supporting the different products :D

#3 Randall Flagg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 590 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 01:27 AM

I'm playing the wait game. If MWO has official support for either I'll drop the $. Till then, wait train..

#4 ParasiteX

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 143 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 11:29 AM

PGI do seem intent on wanting to add VR support. But i heard the main problem keeping them from implementing it fully right now is that CryEngine doesn't nativly support VR. And because of that, it's causing issues with getting the HUD and menus and such to work properly. Or something like that. I'm just remembering how Russ described it in one of the Town Hall Podcasts.

But in any case. It seems it's gonna require an update to the games Cryengine. Whiuch is something they have planned. But it does look like we can expect VR support in the future, some time after it's official release.

#5 Chocowolf Sradac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 306 posts
  • LocationStar Colonel, Clan Wolf, 4th Wolf guard, Alpha Galaxy

Posted 04 March 2016 - 03:15 PM

PGI did have their WIP VR build at the Steam Release. It was interesting to use your whole hud is on your head where as both your torso and arm weapons remain on your mouse it was interesting to keep both tracked not having the torso weapons relatively in the center of the screen. I didn't get sick when I was using it when I was there at Piranha games studio

PGI did announce that it is coming for VR support

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users