- - - - -

Help With Selecting First Mechs To Buy.

45 replies to this topic

#41 BlackRosePhoenix

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 03:55 PM

Random question for quirks, if a mech has 15% energy range and 15% medium laser range those bonuses stack? how are they stacked with one another?

#42 no one

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 533 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 04:02 PM

View PostBlackRosePhoenix, on 07 February 2016 - 03:55 PM, said:

Random question for quirks, if a mech has 15% energy range and 15% medium laser range those bonuses stack? how are they stacked with one another?

Last I checked quirks and module bonuses are additive. So a 30% range increase in the case of medium lasers for that example.

#43 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 February 2016 - 06:02 AM

View PostBlackRosePhoenix, on 07 February 2016 - 11:34 AM, said:

So I spent another 15$ on MC and bought the Thunderbolt Mastery bundle, and now have 2,890 MC left for purchases in the future. Thanks again guys I'll let you know how it goes with the thunderbolt. Oh what's special about hero mechs from other mechs? Just another variant with some unique quirks + hardpoints?

Nice investment, I would recommend running the 5S with 7 MPLs.

View PostBlackRosePhoenix, on 07 February 2016 - 11:34 AM, said:

How do I join yall?

I'll send you the teamspeak address, and you can just hop in.

View PostBlackRosePhoenix, on 07 February 2016 - 11:37 AM, said:

Why does it seem like not many mechs can equip ER Med lasers? or are they not showing up in my list for some reason?
Like Top Dog can equip Medium Lasers, Large Lasers, ER Large Lasers, but not ER Medium lasers. The ER Large lasers are fine for me but I was just wondering. I noticed the same thing on a bunch of mechs in mechlab.

Almost all ER equipment is currently clan technology. The Inner Sphere only has ERPPCs, and ER LLs (both of which actually have shorter ranges than their clan counterparts)

In MWO you can't mix tech, so you can't mount clan weapons on IS mechs, or vice versa.

View PostBlackRosePhoenix, on 07 February 2016 - 12:13 PM, said:

Send me teamspeak info if you are free, I'm working on some builds now and have some random questions and confusion.

Will do.

View PostBlackRosePhoenix, on 07 February 2016 - 12:42 PM, said:

So going to try this build out now http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3af7e8c6ca8fc05

Move one of the DHS into the engine to free up 3 slots, and always fire your ERLLs in groups of three with 0.5 seconds of cooldown between each firing, to prevent Ghost Heat.

This is gonna be a very toasty build.

View PostBlackRosePhoenix, on 07 February 2016 - 01:37 PM, said:

Does switching to and from standard armor and structure cost money even after paying the first time to switch it?

Every time you switch it costs you money (basically, when you change the armor, and structure type, you're shipping your mech to a factory where they peel it down to it's skeleton, replace that, and put it back together piece by piece.

View PostBlackRosePhoenix, on 07 February 2016 - 03:55 PM, said:

You end up with a 30% increase to Medium Laser range. Quirks, and other bonuses stack.
I believe quirks are added, and then applied to the weapon.

#44 BlackRosePhoenix

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 07:22 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 08 February 2016 - 06:02 AM, said:

Move one of the DHS into the engine to free up 3 slots, and always fire your ERLLs in groups of three with 0.5 seconds of cooldown between each firing, to prevent Ghost Heat.

This is gonna be a very toasty build.

I've been playing with this a bunch and having fun/doing decent with it. TOP DOG

#45 BlackRosePhoenix

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 09:22 PM

So I've noticed that with all the pilot skills and mech quirks I could get some medium lasers with a decent optimal range, might really like a fast heavy brawler. Which I guess my thunderbolt is, I'm just equipping him as a long range sniper who can move around fast.

#46 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:16 AM

View PostBlackRosePhoenix, on 08 February 2016 - 07:22 PM, said:

I've been playing with this a bunch and having fun/doing decent with it. TOP DOG

Better heat efficiency. As long as you stay at 500+ meters away from your opponents, you're fine. If you close to under that, regularly, then I'd recommend switching to a smaller STD engine.

View PostBlackRosePhoenix, on 08 February 2016 - 09:22 PM, said:

So I've noticed that with all the pilot skills and mech quirks I could get some medium lasers with a decent optimal range, might really like a fast heavy brawler. Which I guess my thunderbolt is, I'm just equipping him as a long range sniper who can move around fast.

The TDR-5SS can run MPLS with a better optimal range than MLs. Couple that with modules, and your MPLs can reach over 600 meters.

So yes, you can get some great results if you optimize quirks + weapon modules.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users