Splitting Cw Into Unit/non-Unit Drops

2 replies to this topic

#1 Danjo San

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 02:50 AM

Russ recently announced in the Townhall that the plans are set to split drops in CW into unit and non unit queues ... As this may sound good on paper and be beneficial to newbs I have some serious concerns about this plan.
First of all waiting times. Here in House Liao we sometimes need to wait a very long time to fill up a drop. The change will most likely make this much worse for us. As far as I understand the plans all in unit queue will only drop against unit queue and non unit vs. non unit. Of course I agree that it's frustrating for pugs to be stomped by a full 12man. But what happens when you form up a full 12 drop of unit players to attack davion territory and no unit shows up. will you pair them with pugs? That would contradict the system entirely. So no ... result ghostdrop after ghostdrop, and thus interest drops in CW.

Second - Recruitment. With the influx of new players my unit has recruited new members just by playing CW. Without active recruitment posting... just by giving good and clear orders and fostering good teamplay using the voip tool. How will this be possible if the queues are split? by relying on the forum for recruitment alone? or Quickplay? When in quickplay you have to many different houses forged together, being in a loyalist unit we want the players that like our house!

Third - Planets ... When you actually get enough matches by hardworking units and it boils down to pugs "screwing up" the progress. Planetary gain becomes even more irrelevant.

Also said that by limiting the unit size, as adressed in the townhall, all three factors become more relevant. Either that or subdivisons will need to be created. Unit [XY] will split into [XY1] and [XY2] etc. to avoid the size barrier and also to create enough manpower to uphold the CW unit/non-unit split ...

So for the sake of CW and the low population houses. Please reconsider this proposed change!!!

#2 MechWarrior4023212

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 367 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:01 PM

I thought it was quick games that were getting split. The CW are matched differently to the quick matches.

#3 Danjo San

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 01:37 AM

View PostEmber Stormfield, on 06 February 2016 - 09:01 PM, said:

I thought it was quick games that were getting split. The CW are matched differently to the quick matches.

https://www.reddit.c..._summary_recap/

Nope.. Plans are for CW

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users