What To Expect In Tier 1

28 replies to this topic

#1 GovernmenTTrash

• PipPip
  • The Patron
  • 33 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:13 AM

So I'm really close to hitting tier 1 (about 1/3 there and climbing), I was wondering if its really any different to the other 4 tiers? I hear from different sources that it basically excludes tier 4 and 5 players. From anyone who knows or is from tier 1; is teamplay actually better and are games more fun in tier 1?

Edited by GovernmenTTrash, 06 February 2016 - 08:26 AM.

#2 adamts01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:17 AM

The games are pretty good during NA primetime. Otherwise there's such a mix of skill so you better like carrying. I don't think teamwork is any better, solo que is always pretty selfish.

#3 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:19 AM

I played tier 4 on a alt account. Felt like playing games with children ha-ha. Tier 2 is basically like tier 1 other than 1 you end up waiting more.

#4 Tier 1 Smurf

• PipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:22 AM

Yes and no. Team play is somewhat better in T1. The lower tiers have no sense of situational awareness and it's random movement or just going towards the first red dorito that each player sees. To the point of giving up the best spot to do dmg from to the other team and moving into kill boxes enmasse or clearly giving base to get capped 3mins before it even happens with zero counter play. yeah, people actually cap in assault in lower tiers lol.

#5 GovernmenTTrash

• PipPip
  • The Patron
  • 33 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:25 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 06 February 2016 - 08:19 AM, said:

I played tier 4 on a alt account. Felt like playing games with children ha-ha. Tier 2 is basically like tier 1 other than 1 you end up waiting more.

Now you're making me want to throw games

View PostTier 1 Smurf, on 06 February 2016 - 08:22 AM, said:

Yes and no. Team play is somewhat better in T1. The lower tiers have no sense of situational awareness and it's random movement or just going towards the first red dorito that each player sees. To the point of giving up the best spot to do dmg from to the other team and moving into kill boxes enmasse or clearly giving base to get capped 3mins before it even happens with zero counter play. yeah, people actually cap in assault in lower tiers lol.

Happy to hear that, I'm tied of seeing lights run in, get killed the first 2 minutes, and/or the assaults capping objectives farthest away from the action

Edited by GovernmenTTrash, 06 February 2016 - 08:25 AM.

#6 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:26 AM

You can reliably expect half your team to fail dealing 200 damage, and wins be produced by RNGeesus.

#7 KHETTI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationIn transit to 1 of 4 possible planets

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:29 AM

Tier 1 is no different to tier 2,3,4... sure you might see a little less underhive behaviour, but its still there plenty.
PSR is a hand-holding, back-patting system where even the worst players eventually get to be l33t tier 1 players.
Don't expect to have bads eliminated from your games.

PS. You will routinely be expected to carry the uncarryable.

Edit. I think i meant PSR not PRS, Doh!

Edited by KHETTI, 06 February 2016 - 09:14 AM.

#8 M T

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationGouda, South Holland

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:31 AM

Prepare to think you suddenly started to suck ;)

#9 GovernmenTTrash

• PipPip
  • The Patron
  • 33 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:35 AM

View PostKHETTI, on 06 February 2016 - 08:29 AM, said:

Tier 1 is no different to tier 2,3,4... sure you might see a little less underhive behaviour, but its still there plenty.
PRS is a hand-holding, back-patting system where even the worst players eventually get to be l33t tier 1 players.

I already do Posted Image

View Postx MT x, on 06 February 2016 - 08:31 AM, said:

Prepare to think you suddenly started to suck Posted Image

I pretty much get at least 400 dmg in my games, so I already kinda do. That's average for a high tier player whos situationally aware I'm assuming

#10 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:41 AM

View PostKHETTI, on 06 February 2016 - 08:29 AM, said:

PRS is a hand-holding, back-patting system where even the worst players eventually get to be l33t tier 1 players.

This is absolutely true. The quality of games has been in a slow decline sine about 3 weeks after Steam. I can't play solo que anymore. I drop with some comp players in group que and do my best to keep up, but in solo que I lead matches in my Locust.... I just can't handle it anymore. I spent all day on the forum instead of in game... I'll start up again after this next patch.

#11 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:43 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 06 February 2016 - 08:19 AM, said:

Tier 4 is awesome fun. Too bad the game doesn't let you stay in it long. :(

Edited by Mister Blastman, 06 February 2016 - 08:44 AM.

#12 Tier 1 Smurf

• PipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:44 AM

Oh I see you are T2 .

there isn't much difference between T2 and 1. The T5-4-3 are 1kdmg and 5kills consistantly lol bads. T2-1 you that is much harder. Even the best players can't get the stats I do in this account in T1 solo.

#13 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:12 AM

View PostTier 1 Smurf, on 06 February 2016 - 08:44 AM, said:

Oh I see you are T2 .

there isn't much difference between T2 and 1. The T5-4-3 are 1kdmg and 5kills consistantly lol bads. T2-1 you that is much harder. Even the best players can't get the stats I do in this account in T1 solo.

He's right. It's a lot harder to get mega numbers once you hit T1. Only the best players in the game will still pull big numbers consistently.

#14 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:26 AM

Don't expect Tier 1 to play like a premade. What you should expect is generally better play, better decision making, more aggression/mobility, better aim, faster reactions, higher damage output from the other team, etc. Just remember that you're still playing a lot of tier 2 and 3 players and sometimes there might just be a couple tier 1 players in your match. So in those games you usually wont notice any difference.

#15 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:03 AM

T1 isn't going to be much better or different than T2.

ROLL 1D100 FOR PUG TEAM.

Roll of 1-45: Sorry, you lost the PUG-lotto. You (and perhaps 1 to 2 other names you recognize) are expected to carry this team, but you will likely get stomped as 3 to 4 of your bads disappear in a flash like alcohol in a hot frying pan.

Roll of 46-90: Congrats! You won the PUG-lotto. You're on the team that has it's crap together, you will be stomping the enemy team, recognize this early enough and just go full out aggression to make sure you get damage.

Roll of 91-100: This is it, the kind of matches you hoped you'd get. Both sides have names you recognize, both sides do the right things. This match will be fun, and glorious. “Victoribus Spolia” and "Vae Victis"!

Edited by Ultimax, 06 February 2016 - 10:04 AM.

#16 Sagamore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:07 AM

Since you're still going to be mixed with the T2 and T3 buckets you won't notice a huge difference. Probably fewer "fun" (bad) builds overall but I still run things like the Boar's Head and can perform very well. Most matches you play won't be exclusively T1. The downside is if you're levelling mechs, the MM might be expecting you to carry.

#17 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:12 AM

View Postadamts01, on 06 February 2016 - 08:41 AM, said:

This is absolutely true. The quality of games has been in a slow decline sine about 3 weeks after Steam. I can't play solo que anymore. I drop with some comp players in group que and do my best to keep up, but in solo que I lead matches in my Locust.... I just can't handle it anymore. I spent all day on the forum instead of in game... I'll start up again after this next patch.

Leading with a Locust isn't that hard. I've been leading with Locusts for the last two years-ish. It's actually super easy right now. Like, pre-Phase-4-BJ-1X-easy. Unless you are driving the 3M. Then it's a little harder.

More depressing/impressive would be leading with a Mist Lynx. When you are one of four players in a match who brought direct-fire weapons and you're in a Mist Lynx...

#18 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:41 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 06 February 2016 - 10:12 AM, said:

More depressing/impressive would be leading with a Mist Lynx.
That's my other favorite mech. It also leads plenty of matches. I took a year long break and came back and got my first "ace of spsdes" in my Mist Lynx. Either way, a 20/25 ton mech shouldn't be leading in damage and kills. Assuming all pilots are working together and of equal skill, more tonnage means more damage. I'm not even that good, which just goes to show how many bad players have worked their way up the tiers the KS to our upward trending PSR.

#19 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:51 AM

You will be asking this from yourself alot:

"How the HELL these guys (your teammates) are even Tier 3?"

After seeing half of them fail to break 120 damage.

#20 Squirg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 307 posts
  • LocationEromanga

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:55 AM

Solo T1 games have been so garbage in my experience that I have stopped playing solo altogether and only play with groups.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users