Mercstar Cw Roundtable #3 W/nkva Scoops Kerensky

31 replies to this topic

#1 Sader325

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:39 AM

Our third in a series of roundtables, this time our guest was Scoops Kerensky from [NKVA]. We at [-MS-] hope you find these discussions interesting and would love for you to participate in them in the future. If you have any ideas for other guests and Unit members or leaders you would like to hear from let us know.

We want to have the most open and frank discussion we can about the current state of this game and encourage everyone to join us for our round table sessions.

#2 Onyxian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • 156 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:16 AM

I'd watch, but since NKVA seems to have their sights set on earning the 'biggest d-bags in Mwo' achievement, I have no interest in anything any of them have to say. Granted, I've only bumped into them in CW a few times, but each time has been extremely... memorable. Due entirely to their endless shittalking. Trash talk is one thing. Being assbags is another.

#3 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:23 AM

View PostOnyxian, on 06 February 2016 - 10:16 AM, said:

I'd watch, but since NKVA seems to have their sights set on earning the 'biggest d-bags in Mwo' achievement, I have no interest in anything any of them have to say. Granted, I've only bumped into them in CW a few times, but each time has been extremely... memorable. Due entirely to their endless shittalking. Trash talk is one thing. Being assbags is another.

U mad bro?

#4 Sader325

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:23 AM

This is something NKVA themselves discuss within the first 10 minutes.

#5 Nerdboard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 226 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:32 AM

Since this is super long, could anyone who has seen this (or participated) make a table of contents? (i.e. 0:00-10:00 topic1, 10:00-16:13 topic2, etc..)

#6 C1Rob

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 25 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:40 AM

I watched it and enjoyed it. Some nice points made.

The idea of adding the base as a comrad to defenders and making it more usefull. Giving the attackers points for actually attacking the base itself etc.

Some other good points were made about posting between the gates on defence and how this could be changed.

Hard to sum up a summary XD

#7 Onyxian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • 156 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:45 AM

View Postpbiggz, on 06 February 2016 - 10:23 AM, said:

U mad bro?

What an amazing and insightful comeback. You really got me there.

Well, if I was 12. Since I'm not, the only reaction that provoked from me was an eyeroll my wife could hear from three rooms away.

#8 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:50 AM

NKVAs philosophy about creating drama intentionally to make matches matter more for both sides is actually something I can really sort of respect, it does depend a little on where you draw the line and against who.

I think if you're trolling other decently strong units that can legitimately funnel that polarization into an ongoing conflict or vendetta it can be really fun and I have no problem with it.

#9 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:08 AM

View PostSjorpha, on 06 February 2016 - 10:50 AM, said:

NKVAs philosophy about creating drama intentionally to make matches matter more for both sides is actually something I can really sort of respect, it does depend a little on where you draw the line and against who.

I think if you're trolling other decently strong units that can legitimately funnel that polarization into an ongoing conflict or vendetta it can be really fun and I have no problem with it.

There is playful banter and then there is TOS violations nkva does. I seen them troll pugs, its nothing about making better games. Maybe the new report system is the main reason I don't see them around much :)

Edited by Monkey Lover, 06 February 2016 - 11:09 AM.

#10 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:12 AM

View PostOnyxian, on 06 February 2016 - 10:45 AM, said:

What an amazing and insightful comeback. You really got me there.

Well, if I was 12. Since I'm not, the only reaction that provoked from me was an eyeroll my wife could hear from three rooms away.

We're all very impressed that you take personally the words of complete strangers on the internet. I bet your wife 3 rooms away is so impressed with your maturity and principled behaviour.

I can play the RL card too, but it wont make either of us look good.

View PostMonkey Lover, on 06 February 2016 - 11:08 AM, said:

There is playful banter and then there is TOS violations nkva does. Maybe the new report system is the main reason I don't see them around much Posted Image

Nothing they do violates the TOS, in fact, the TOS has been changed multiple times to MAKE them violate it. Keep being butthurt though.

Edited by pbiggz, 06 February 2016 - 11:12 AM.

#11 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:42 AM

actual comment: Singleplayer solves alot of problems. There's no place for players to learn the mechlab, mech dynamics, piloting and gunnery skills, etc. Multiplayer isn't a great place for a BRAND NEW player to learn because more than likely they'll get crushed. Singleplayer gives them the place to learn in a vacuum. Of course its not perfect, but it at least mitigates a ton of the problems they have.

#12 C1Rob

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 25 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 06 February 2016 - 12:02 PM

I forgot,

About the mechlab failure or w/e you called it.

Make it part of the academy.

Make the person build like 3 mechs(one of each class or something) and then do a couple of variations: one with a dps over a certain amount, 1 with heat management over a certain point while stil keeping certain dps, etc.

#13 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 12:08 PM

This, they have the dubious honour of being the single worst attitude group I have come across in 15 years of gaming. Well done NKVA:)

#14 Conreg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 111 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 06 February 2016 - 12:14 PM

View PostJon Gotham, on 06 February 2016 - 12:08 PM, said:

This, they have the dubious honour of being the single worst attitude group I have come across in 15 years of gaming. Well done NKVA:)

Be honest. You miss them.

#15 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,529 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 06 February 2016 - 12:36 PM

View PostSjorpha, on 06 February 2016 - 10:50 AM, said:

This is a copout excuse for being trolls on the level of SWOL's "fixing" that CW tournament by abusing their numbers and the system.

#16 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 06 February 2016 - 01:42 PM

The proper response to trash-talking is to respond in kind, as ridiculously as possible.

Any such event that ends up being reduced to Monty Python references indicates you have won, regardless of scores. Exuding butthurt instead means that you have simply allowed the trash-talk to ***** you in the ego, causing U MAD? and giving the opponent an advantage.

Welcome to PvP. It's not Polite vs. Proper.

#17 Doman Hugin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 197 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 02:02 PM

I normally wouldn't comment on such garbage threads.

but, boy, you guy's are really funny with your justifications.

#18 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 06 February 2016 - 02:04 PM

30% through. Really good topics.

Edited by Johnny Z, 06 February 2016 - 02:05 PM.

#19 VorpalAnvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 724 posts
  • LocationThe Cantillon Brewery

Posted 06 February 2016 - 02:43 PM

NKVA isn't even present in this thread and you guys are getting butthurt about them. Trolling mission accomplished.

#20 Agent1190

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 469 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 06 February 2016 - 03:16 PM

At about 1:01:00 into the stream - Xavier mentioned that CW entry should "encourage unit membership." I agree, but take it a slightly different direction - make the minimum group size 4. You have to gather at least 4 other players in your faction and group up, then you can queue on a planet.

I've been in Clan Wolf since December 1st, not a member of a specific unit - I will visit CWI, Strana Mechty, AWOL (when they are on their Wolf rotation) and EPSI. I even have some MS on my friends list, and I've been on their servers too. I never drop solo because I can find a few players in those TS's to drop with. All it takes is the guts to ask "What's your TS address." and Team Speak.

Edited by Agent1190, 06 February 2016 - 03:22 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users