Most Peculiar Urbie, Indeed.

Gameplay

26 replies to this topic

#1 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:47 PM

Reminds me of a scuttling crab. First time seeing such a phenomenon.

Kinda hesitant to call it hax, due to abysmal collision detection MWO has. Posted Image Also, I was almost as taken aback by seeing that, as this build my teammate had in that game. GG bro, GG.

Posted Image

Edited by El Bandito, 07 February 2016 - 01:00 AM.

#2 Hit the Deck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:03 PM

That reminds me when I was still playing CS with a dial-up.

#3 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:21 PM

View PostHit the Deck, on 06 February 2016 - 09:03 PM, said:

That reminds me when I was still playing CS with a dial-up.

Indeed. However, I never felt like there was a lag in that match.

Edited by El Bandito, 07 February 2016 - 12:59 AM.

#4 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 07 February 2016 - 12:55 AM

Posted Image

#5 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 February 2016 - 02:22 AM

Player had lag (packet loss) im guessing, from the looks of it.

#6 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 07 February 2016 - 05:11 AM

Packet loss and really bad connection.

It happened to me too to be that urbie and I was experiencing the same: I saw the rest of players moonwalking for a bit, then I and them reappearing in different but close points.

The day after I took the phone screaming at the provider, all issues solved. :P

#7 Thunderbird Anthares

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 05:24 AM

yeah watch for this, there is a way to trigger that on purpose
problem is deciding whats a connection issue, and what is an actual "hax" triggered on purpose

i think the actual hack causes client stutter though, not sure

#8 Moomtazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 577 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 06:49 AM

Looks like plain old speedhack. Google it, I aint got time to explain

Edited by Moomtazz, 07 February 2016 - 06:49 AM.

#9 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 06:56 AM

View PostThunderbird Anthares, on 07 February 2016 - 05:24 AM, said:

yeah watch for this, there is a way to trigger that on purpose
problem is deciding whats a connection issue, and what is an actual "hax" triggered on purpose

i think the actual hack causes client stutter though, not sure

Guess I'll send the video to MWO support, for awareness.

#10 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:39 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 07 February 2016 - 06:56 AM, said:

Guess I'll send the video to MWO support, for awareness.

IDK; does the whole "toggling on multiple torrents to bottom out bandwidth" still work for creating lagspikes on demand?

Haven't seen it as much but back in the FS9 and Spiders as unkillable little suckers days, you would magically see people running those two chassis have great ping, and then the moment they were getting focused, see it jump to 1000, etc and start warping all over, then the moment they were safe, it dropped back down again. (amazingly, when they are behind you coring your back their ping is always a nice stable sub 100)

Once or twice would be coincidence. The frequency I used to see it? Not buying it.

Obviously, while lagspiked, your own shots are pretty much worthless, but when trying to escape, you don't care.

Anyhow, I admit to not being a "computer guy" but that is what I have heard on many games, people do.

Truth? No clue.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 07 February 2016 - 07:40 AM.

#11 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:57 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 February 2016 - 07:39 AM, said:

IDK; does the whole "toggling on multiple torrents to bottom out bandwidth" still work for creating lagspikes on demand?

Haven't seen it as much but back in the FS9 and Spiders as unkillable little suckers days, you would magically see people running those two chassis have great ping, and then the moment they were getting focused, see it jump to 1000, etc and start warping all over, then the moment they were safe, it dropped back down again. (amazingly, when they are behind you coring your back their ping is always a nice stable sub 100)

Once or twice would be coincidence. The frequency I used to see it? Not buying it.

Obviously, while lagspiked, your own shots are pretty much worthless, but when trying to escape, you don't care.

Anyhow, I admit to not being a "computer guy" but that is what I have heard on many games, people do.

Truth? No clue.

Yeah, TBF that Urbie was in a tight situation when he started warping. If not for that swift warping to the nearest cover, it probably would have died. So there is a chance that he could have done it intentionally, as you said.

#12 GreyNovember

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:03 AM

I imagine this is what people see when my ping spikes from 200 to 700-ish something and suddenly I'm whipping my camera around in panic. All hail our glorious 3rd world backwater connections.

Like that one guy who called me out for a ping spiker in CW when I ripped his TBR a apart with a Huginn; claiming my ping always increased when I fought and never any time other than that.

#13 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:16 AM

View PostGreyNovember, on 07 February 2016 - 08:03 AM, said:

I imagine this is what people see when my ping spikes from 200 to 700-ish something and suddenly I'm whipping my camera around in panic. All hail our glorious 3rd world backwater connections.

Like that one guy who called me out for a ping spiker in CW when I ripped his TBR a apart with a Huginn; claiming my ping always increased when I fought and never any time other than that.

It is possible that ping spike had happened. At least during the preparation phase, his ping seemed a stable 148ms though.
Posted Image

Edited by El Bandito, 07 February 2016 - 08:16 AM.

#14 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:20 AM

The only possible explanation is that Urbanmech hitboxes are broken. That is after all what people say when the exact same thing happens to any other mech, so clearly it must apply here too.

Urbie OP. Pls nerf nao pl0x. Posted Image

#15 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:31 AM

Posted Image

#16 ChapeL

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:41 AM

It's like that scene from Avengers when Scarlet Witch is walking backwards through a door ! Posted Image

That Urbie clearly had super powers.

Edited by ChapeL, 07 February 2016 - 08:42 AM.

#17 GreyNovember

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:45 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 07 February 2016 - 08:16 AM, said:

It is possible that ping spike had happened. At least during the preparation phase, his ping seemed a stable 148ms though.

Ask the guy where he's from.

Odds are if it's anywhere in southeast asia...

#18 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:49 AM

View PostGreyNovember, on 07 February 2016 - 08:03 AM, said:

Ping spikes CAN be outside our control (thanks ISPs and whatever pathways our service may take to PGIs servers), but that doesn't mean that there aren't those who DO spike it intentionally, either. And when you see Lights in particular, seem to consistently have "convenient" ping spikes, and then when they are attacking you, no such issue.... it makes one a little suspicious. Like I said, it seems to be a bigger problem, IDK if BanHammer nerfs and in-game reporting tools have made people more reluctant to do it, or what, but I don't see it as often now.

#19 Moomtazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 577 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:49 AM

I guess we shouldn't worry. If he is hacking PGI's hack detection has already caught the guy and he'll be banned "at a future date".

#20 GreyNovember

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:55 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 February 2016 - 08:49 AM, said:

Ping spikes CAN be outside our control (thanks ISPs and whatever pathways our service may take to PGIs servers), but that doesn't mean that there aren't those who DO spike it intentionally, either. And when you see Lights in particular, seem to consistently have "convenient" ping spikes, and then when they are attacking you, no such issue.... it makes one a little suspicious. Like I said, it seems to be a bigger problem, IDK if BanHammer nerfs and in-game reporting tools have made people more reluctant to do it, or what, but I don't see it as often now.

To be fair, I have no way of both fighting and monitoring my own ping to the servers; short of setting up another PC to repeat ping the forum address.

I also assume it's fairly difficult to both monitor a suspicious enemy in game, and watch his ping, considering you cannot spectate them. So the accusation is easily dismissed as salt.

Coupled with that the ping display is likely not a real time display, and only updates at set intervals. Yeah.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users