58 replies to this topic

#1 himself

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 218 posts
  • LocationRear-View Camera

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:50 PM

You are here by invited to unstick yourselves from your teammate's rear armor. Failure to do so in a timely manner will result in swift removal from the match via alpha strike to the cockpit.

Please direct all complaints regarding being teamkilled via your own idiocy into the garbage can where they belong.

You may now return to your scheduled crap-shoot.

Thank you.

Edited by himself, 06 February 2016 - 08:50 PM.

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:52 PM

While cuddlefests are annoying, teamkilling people just because they inconvenience you makes you look worse than the guy who's doing the cuddling.

#3 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:55 PM

Accidentally hitting the rear armor of teammates is just that, accident. Intentionally TKing someone because of that is reportable offense.

#4 himself

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 218 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:08 PM

View PostFupDup, on 06 February 2016 - 08:52 PM, said:

While cuddlefests are annoying, teamkilling people just because they inconvenience you makes you look worse than the guy who's doing the cuddling.

It's not just an inconvenience that I end up taking 2x to 3x more damage than I otherwise would have by poking effectively because someone decided to back up into me.

World of Tanks had this very same issue, and a big deterrent was that people could turn around and remove them from the game.

These people are detriments to everyone around them.

They're a detriment to the team and these people will not learn not to repeat the same mistake again unless you punish them.

View PostEl Bandito, on 06 February 2016 - 08:55 PM, said:

Accidentally hitting the rear armor of teammates is just that, accident. Intentionally TKing someone because of that is reportable offense.

I'm sure you think you're a nice guy and all, but I did say, "in a timely manner".

You may wish to buff up on your reading comprehension skills, I hear they come in handy later in life.

Edited by himself, 06 February 2016 - 09:08 PM.

#5 Naduk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:14 PM

Yeah like you have never blocked someone trying to reverse
Or ran in front of them as they take a shot
Or run infront of slower Mech during a chase down and cockblock them from the fight

When you're perfect I might pay attention to your team killing stupidity

#6 The Mecha Streisand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 245 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:21 PM

View Posthimself, on 06 February 2016 - 09:08 PM, said:

It's not just an inconvenience that I end up taking 2x to 3x more damage than I otherwise would have by poking effectively because someone decided to back up into me.

World of Tanks had this very same issue, and a big deterrent was that people could turn around and remove them from the game.

They're a detriment to the team and these people will not learn not to repeat the same mistake again unless you punish them.

I'm sure you think you're a nice guy and all, but I did say, "in a timely manner".

You may wish to buff up on your reading comprehension skills, I hear they come in handy later in life.

He DID say "reportable offense". On the other hand, the criteria for a reportable offense say nothing about "in a timely manner".

You were saying something about reading comprehension, though. By all means, do go on...

(Of course, we all know that a REPORT isn't going to net jack **** from PGI.)

#7 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:25 PM

It's one thing to blame your teammate from blocking your backside. This is bad anyways since that player can't really participate in fighting (it's just bad form).

On the other hand, TK/intentional team damage is bad, and you should feel bad for considering it.

Edited by Deathlike, 06 February 2016 - 09:25 PM.

#8 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:26 PM

View PostFupDup, on 06 February 2016 - 08:52 PM, said:

also unlike wub wub team killing/damage is reportable.

i had some idiot in an atlas shoot off my arm and call me an "[expletive] noob" because he was trying to crowd into a small area with way too many mechs in it (i was on my way out to find my own spot). but i was angry so the second he poked at 4 enemies i ran up behind him. this turned him into a stick. he proceeded to produce a long stream of swear words, i sayd, "what do i know, im just a noob". then i reported him for team damage and someone else claimed to report him for swearing.

Edited by LordNothing, 06 February 2016 - 09:32 PM.

#9 SuomiWarder

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,661 posts
  • LocationSacramento area, California

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:30 PM

I play with a "shooter beware" mindset now. I don't park behind cover planning to step out, fire and step back unless I have looked to make sure no allies are behind me. If someone is there I come up with a new plan or place to go.

#10 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:31 PM

Ultimately, the world would be a much better place if team-shooting or humping incidents ended like this:

Posted Image

#11 Chados

• 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:36 PM

Jump jets.

I was driving a Victor Dragon Slayer on Crimson Strait one night. We are below the saddle in the city, wedged up against those power generators right at the bottom of the hill. I'm getting pounded by a TBR and trying to pull back to protect my vulnerable XL engine, and suddenly I can't back up. There's this Blackjack snugged up against me using me as a meat shield.

So I have four jump jets. I hit the jets and levitated up onto the ledge, and pulled back behind the mountain just as the BJ behind me took an alpha strike with my name all over it and popped like a balloon. The guy actually chided me over the chat for jumping out of the way, too. I promptly typed back that if he hadn't been trying to use me as his stealth meat shield that wouldn't have happened to him.

Yes, I follow KGCs, Dires, and Atlai all the time and use them as mobile shields. I'm typically trying to keep lights off them and add my guns to their targets. I also back up when they do and get out of their way when they're trying to turn and run because if they're doing that it means something nasty is on the other side of that rise or ramp or wall, and if whatever it is is mean enough to make an Atlas run, then my 75-ton-or-smaller butt needs to be somewhere else in a hurry.

#12 himself

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 218 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:19 PM

View PostThe Mecha Streisand, on 06 February 2016 - 09:21 PM, said:

He DID say "reportable offense". On the other hand, the criteria for a reportable offense say nothing about "in a timely manner".

You were saying something about reading comprehension, though. By all means, do go on...

(Of course, we all know that a REPORT isn't going to net jack **** from PGI.)

"Accidentally hitting the rear armor of teammates is just that, accident."

The above is what I addressed. My reading comprehension is just fine, thank you.

View PostNaduk, on 06 February 2016 - 09:14 PM, said:

Yeah like you have never blocked someone trying to reverse
Or ran in front of them as they take a shot
Or run infront of slower Mech during a chase down and cockblock them from the fight

When you're perfect I might pay attention to your team killing stupidity

If I do, I promptly apologize and move out of the way. It is not a common occurrence for me to not keep my distance from my teammates. It is a situational awareness skill I developed from playing WoT.

View PostDeathlike, on 06 February 2016 - 09:25 PM, said:

It's one thing to blame your teammate from blocking your backside. This is bad anyways since that player can't really participate in fighting (it's just bad form).

On the other hand, TK/intentional team damage is bad, and you should feel bad for considering it.

If I am going to have a teammate that will get me killed, I would rather be the one to be alive and dealing damage than be dead. Either way, the team loses a pilot, but in my case, I get to stay alive.

View PostLordNothing, on 06 February 2016 - 09:26 PM, said:

also unlike wub wub team killing/damage is reportable.

i had some idiot in an atlas shoot off my arm and call me an "[expletive] noob" because he was trying to crowd into a small area with way too many mechs in it (i was on my way out to find my own spot). but i was angry so the second he poked at 4 enemies i ran up behind him. this turned him into a stick. he proceeded to produce a long stream of swear words, i sayd, "what do i know, im just a noob". then i reported him for team damage and someone else claimed to report him for swearing.

@The Mecha Streisand

So you disapprove of my message, but approve of this? Hypocrisy of the highest caliber.

View PostSuomiWarder, on 06 February 2016 - 09:30 PM, said:

I play with a "shooter beware" mindset now. I don't park behind cover planning to step out, fire and step back unless I have looked to make sure no allies are behind me. If someone is there I come up with a new plan or place to go.

In World of Tanks, I had the benefit of being able to quickly look behind me before pushing. Such is not the case in this game.

___

Either way, I think you guys misunderstood the purpose of this thread.

Anyone refusing to budge and let me retreat WILL be removed, no exceptions.

Edited by himself, 06 February 2016 - 10:21 PM.

#13 Hit the Deck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:21 PM

View PostFupDup, on 06 February 2016 - 09:31 PM, said:

Ultimately, the world would be a much better place if team-shooting or humping incidents ended like this:

Posted Image

I see an LRM Atlas with an AC/20 backup.

#14 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:27 PM

Don't come to a dead stop in the middle of an obvious choke point instead of pushing through.

See... door swings both ways.

Both scenarios are equally annoying.

#15 himself

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 218 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:34 PM

View PostDaZur, on 06 February 2016 - 10:27 PM, said:

Don't come to a dead stop in the middle of an obvious choke point instead of pushing through.

See... door swings both ways.

Both scenarios are equally annoying.

Your scenario requires coordination to be taking place.

#16 No Guts No Glory

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 235 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:53 PM

View Posthimself, on 06 February 2016 - 08:50 PM, said:

You are here by invited to unstick yourselves from your teammate's rear armor. Failure to do so in a timely manner will result in swift removal from the match via alpha strike to the cockpit.

Please direct all complaints regarding being teamkilled via your own idiocy into the garbage can where they belong.

You may now return to your scheduled crap-shoot.

Thank you.

View Posthimself, on 06 February 2016 - 09:08 PM, said:

because someone decided to back up into me.

someone decided to back up into me.

back up into me.

wat

#17 himself

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 218 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:57 PM

View PostNo Guts No Glory, on 06 February 2016 - 10:53 PM, said:

wat

?

#18 SkaerKrow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 258 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:09 PM

Not going to lie, there have been a couple of incidents where someone is obviously blocking me from getting out of the way of return fire (happens most often when I'm peaking over the caldera on Caustic Valley), and after 8-12 seconds I belt them with the weakest weapon group that I have, just to get the point across that they need to freaking move (standard PPCs are great for this). The intent is never to team kill, but the spur the horse to get a move on.

And for the record, it has worked for me every time.

#19 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:10 PM

View PostNo Guts No Glory, on 06 February 2016 - 10:53 PM, said:

wat

He did not like another dude poking him from behind. Posted Image

#20 jaytar

• PipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 51 posts
  • Locationarkansas

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:28 PM

I've been in games where one of ours intentionally team killed another of ours. the team promptly destroyed the offender. teams better off without a guy like that. if you are an assault, you are the meat shield, they shouldn't be right up your butt so you can't maneuver but it does happen. don't stop in choke points, that might help.
if i'm ever in a drop when someone intentionally kills a team mate I will have no problem helping end you before we go on after the other team.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users