How To Sell

14 replies to this topic

#1 Douglas grizzly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 321 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 09:24 PM

ok i bought a raven 2x and since its too slow for my taste i am considering selling it but how do i do that?

#2 Hawk_eye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 325 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 February 2016 - 10:09 PM

In your mech-bay, click the "Home" tab if you´re not already there.

On the left, click "Inventory" and then "Battlemechs"

#3 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 08 February 2016 - 10:17 PM

Have you looked into placing a large engine inside it?

~Leone.

#4 MechWarrior4023212

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 367 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 08 February 2016 - 10:20 PM

yer look at upgrading the IS gear before selling it. Raven are quite fast!

#5 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 09 February 2016 - 12:12 AM

View PostDouglas grizzly, on 08 February 2016 - 09:24 PM, said:

ok i bought a raven 2x and since its too slow for my taste i am considering selling it but how do i do that?

View PostEmber Stormfield, on 08 February 2016 - 10:20 PM, said:

yer look at upgrading the IS gear before selling it. Raven are quite fast!

you can put a 275 engine in the 2X and 4X, the 3L can take a 295 engine and the Huginn can use a 300.

there are two 127KPH (136 with speed tweak) Raven varients the 2X and 4X, the 3L and Huginn are about 10KPH faster with max engine.

regardless of weather or not you decide to keep it I recomend at least completeing the basic skills before selling it, the Huginn costs real money, the 3L is the only Raven variant available for cbills which is faster than the 2X.

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 09 February 2016 - 12:15 AM.

#6 InsaneRotta

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 104 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInside a cheap barely functioning dropship.

Posted 09 February 2016 - 12:52 AM

The stock loadout on the 2X is pretty bad. IS lights are generally no good until you upgrade them and will therefore cost a lot more than they initially do.

Here's an example of a RVN-2X striker build. It costs almost 10 mil c-bills and I'm not sure if it's effective as such, since I don't own ravens myself.

#7 Douglas grizzly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 321 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:53 AM

i would put that larger engine but i dont have the spare tonnage and it has a xl already and best speed so far is only 96 kph

#8 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:58 AM

Smaller weapons then. What weapons do you have on it? With all IS lights you want to drop in the largest XL engine you can and then build around that. Unless you're building for a specific reason. For lights speed takes the place of armor.

Again, you need to drop in a 275 XL.

#9 Douglas grizzly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 321 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:22 AM

am making some changes on it now and dripping the large pulse. still i wish i had one or two more energy hardpoints. problem is i cant add those.

#10 Boulangerie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:45 AM

View PostDouglas grizzly, on 09 February 2016 - 07:22 AM, said:

am making some changes on it now and dripping the large pulse. still i wish i had one or two more energy hardpoints. problem is i cant add those.

For light mechs, you want to be running an XL engine. The reason is 100% because you can get a much bigger one in there for the same weight. There are a few cases where a specific build doesn't run the biggest engine it can so that it can fit more lasers. I think there is a Raven 4X build which limits itself to a XL255 or similar so that it can field 2 Large Pulse lasers. I run mine with an XL 280 and 2 ERLL or 2 LL depending on my mood.

Yes, the XL engines cost as much as a new mech, but don't forget you can swap them around from mech to mech and don't have to just leave it in one.

Try not to sell stuff, unless you really don't mind grinding CBills, because you don't get much of a return for your sale. Especially I'd hang onto any XL engines you have since you never know what size you might want to try in a mech, or whether you'll get a new mech that uses that size well.

Can you give us some specifics on your mech? You can make it up in smurfy and post a link here, or just tell us the basics like

Engine type and size?
Weapons loaded?
Endosteel?
Ferro Fibrous?

Here is a guide on building the Ravens which is only a little bit out of date now. The quirks were updated a little bit, but the Ravens weren't changed as much as most mechs. The Hero Raven was hit hardest, with its Cooldown quirks reduced and big structure quirks added in.
Raven Guide

Note: Don't be afraid to adjust GMan's builds (the site linked) for your own playstyle, but they are a good base to work off of if you don't know how to get started on a mech.

#11 Morggo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC, USA

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:49 AM

Pretty much what everyone else has said... unless you reaaaallllyyy need the mech bay we generally recommend not selling chassis or variants.... as your skill grows you very likely will find one day you'll come back to "that mech you just hate and can't pilot" and discover that it's awesome now.... so I'd follow the advice above: try out some better builds and practice a bit more. If you find you still really don't click with it I'd agree to store it in the barn and come back to it later.

Of course, if you really really really hate it, the above posts tell how to sell it.

Good hunting, hope it works better for you!

#12 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:10 PM

If you do decide to sell it then strip it first. I have not sold one yet but I did get an Enforcer that I am not crazy about. The sell price was the same fully loaded as it is fully stripped. It is always nice to own a variety of weapons to change in and out.

#13 Boulangerie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 06:08 AM

View PostRampage, on 09 February 2016 - 07:10 PM, said:

If you do decide to sell it then strip it first. I have not sold one yet but I did get an Enforcer that I am not crazy about. The sell price was the same fully loaded as it is fully stripped. It is always nice to own a variety of weapons to change in and out.

Don't worry, it will automatically strip it if you do sell the chassis. That said, you are losing about 50% value, which could be millions of cbills for mediums and up.

Why don't you like the enforcer? I've heard they are some pretty solid medium mechs.

#14 Douglas grizzly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 321 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 06:51 AM

no it was a raven 2x that i could not upgrade without serious cash and being on disability that is not a issue i can deal atm.

#15 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 10 February 2016 - 06:58 AM

View PostDouglas grizzly, on 09 February 2016 - 07:22 AM, said:

some general advice, in any Mech if it can fit it you idealy want a 250 or larger engine so you get the 10 "true Double" heatsinks (the first 10 in engine disipate twice as much heat and increase heat cap twice as much as singles, any not in engine or in engine past the first 10 are only 1.4x as effective as singles) the only exception is if you are after packing in really heavy firepower, the build will run cool and you do not mind moving slow, the Raven 2X can take a 275 engine, and that is what I would aim for.

to free up more tonage for weapons on the 2X you will want an XL engine I would recomend a 255 or 275 XL engine (the XL250 and XL255 weigh the same, and the 275 is the biggest engine you can fit) and Endo Steel Internals, you will also want Double Heat Sinks for improved cooling, and if there are enough slots left over (and there should be on that Mech) you may also want Fero Fibrus armor which offers a weight saving in exchange for 14 slots but Endo offers more weight saving for the same number of slots.

maybe something like this:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0363adff2f6353d
or this:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...4270a74038e73b3
or the classic ERLL sniper raven (works better on the 4X, it has better quirks for the ERLL it can also have Jumpjets)
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...59463039909fa74

those are just rough suggestions, I have not optimized armor distribution, you can strip armor off the empty arm to give more tonage, you could go smaller engine, put on an LRM or NARC, there are many possibilities

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 10 February 2016 - 07:03 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users