State Of Jade Falcon

18 replies to this topic

#1 StonedVet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:16 AM

Just wanted to make a quick post in here in regards to Clan JF and what I have witnessed over the last week or so.

We had taken a contract with clan in an attempt to get some planets under JF banners but up to this point notta.

LRM's are not cool
Camping when your team mates push is not cool

When someone is asked to take the reins an organize PUGS in CW then the PUGS lemming their way to a stomp .... Its not cool

its frustrating

The sad thing is, its mainly those types of players that jump on here and flame about CW inequalities.

Its not that ....

Its the training grounds skill level and thinking that is the cause of it.

I recommend 90% of JF pilots stick to Quick drops, its that bad.

We have 3 days left in JF, and I cannot wait.

I really wish it wasn't that way though.

Edited by Lowridah, 09 February 2016 - 11:17 AM.

#2 Cobalt Trashfire Kerensky

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 09:25 AM

Our experience hasn't been the best here. While wins are theoretically attainable, they're left on the table due to a variety of factors. Most starting in the mechlab, but leading into play and strategies. The downside of quick play is that it trains pilots in a number of undesirable skills. Primarily, peeking/trading shots when they should be pouring into a target zone to saturate it with concentrated fire. The skills are learnable, but difficult to teach in a pub drop environment. Videos are out there, some even very good. I'd recommend M4LX's videos on youtube at https://gaming.youtu...volentWMD#tab=2

The hour total you'll spend watching the various videos will likely contribute to your future successes.

#3 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:14 AM

Too few loyalist units leads to this kind of issue. We have the same thing happening in Clan Wolf. What we at the Ebon Keshik, along with Wolf loyalist units like SWOL, and AWOL have done is started a collaborated effort together to bring random Clan PUGs into our drops to help instill the value of teamwork and coordination as well as passing on the common "Do's and Dont's" of Community Warfare along with proper builds and how to become better pilots. This way, PUGs don't become such a crutch and can better compete, thereby furthering the agenda of the Clans. I'm happy to say the initiative has been producing results as we bring more and more pilots into our drops.

Unfortunately though, there isn't much of an incentive for units to stay as loyalists so you get a constant cycle of units coming and going who are unable to make much of an impact for the duration of their contract's. Ghost Bear as far as I know is doing something similar, I believe it's more along the lines of all the units coming together and making a communal Ghost Bear TS Hub much like the FRR has, Wolf is doing this as well, spearheaded by SWOL. I can't speak for Jade Falcon or Smoke Jaguar however.

Hopefully on your next contract with the Clans we'll have pulled our crap together and will be more organized. "Hopefully"

Edited by Bjorn Bekker, 10 February 2016 - 11:15 AM.

#4 Adalwin

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 04:57 AM

Greetings!

I am just a PSR5 pilot in 69MG but still I experience the same problem you experience in JF. The complete lack of diszipline and willingness to follow orders from the dop commander. Standard scenario in CW is that we are in our first or second mech and the PUGs are often allready permadead due to not listening to plans or anything like that.
I do not undertand why it is so hard for them to listen to the most basic commands like "Do not go in alone. Group up at xyz. If you go in alone you die."
Well we are still enjoying playing on the JF side as we did not get a single Ghostdrop so far Posted Image.

Adalwin

#5 Jon Gotham

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 11:05 AM

View PostBjorn Bekker, on 10 February 2016 - 11:14 AM, said:

Too few loyalist units leads to this kind of issue. We have the same thing happening in Clan Wolf. What we at the Ebon Keshik, along with Wolf loyalist units like SWOL, and AWOL have done is started a collaborated effort together to bring random Clan PUGs into our drops to help instill the value of teamwork and coordination as well as passing on the common "Do's and Dont's" of Community Warfare along with proper builds and how to become better pilots. This way, PUGs don't become such a crutch and can better compete, thereby furthering the agenda of the Clans. I'm happy to say the initiative has been producing results as we bring more and more pilots into our drops.

Unfortunately though, there isn't much of an incentive for units to stay as loyalists so you get a constant cycle of units coming and going who are unable to make much of an impact for the duration of their contract's. Ghost Bear as far as I know is doing something similar, I believe it's more along the lines of all the units coming together and making a communal Ghost Bear TS Hub much like the FRR has, Wolf is doing this as well, spearheaded by SWOL. I can't speak for Jade Falcon or Smoke Jaguar however.

Hopefully on your next contract with the Clans we'll have pulled our crap together and will be more organized. "Hopefully"

This is awesome you are doing this, however thanks to the impending queue split....that will sabotage your good intentions:(

#6 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 11:14 AM

That's a good point. However, my hope is that once our PUG warriors see and experience the value of coordination and teamwork they'll realize that staying in the solo queue won't benefit them at all and that their best bet is to find a loyalist unit to join up with so they can have more success in community warfare.

In fact, already we've had a number of warriors drop with us in the Ebon Keshik and a few of them have expressed a desire to join up with us.

Edited by Bjorn Bekker, 11 February 2016 - 11:15 AM.

#7 Brissan

Rookie

• Star Captain
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 11:48 AM

I feel like loyalist CJF members and a lot of other Clanners have gotten disenfranchised with CW because loyalists aren't rewarded enough. Why bother trying to lead PUG members and defend Clan territory when the Mercs are just going to faction hop and steamroll over everything? People who know what's up don't want to waste their time fighting Mercs who come and go on whims because it feels like loyalists can never gain ground with units like MS who min/max their contract rewards, so the only ones left in CW are the PUGs.

#8 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 09:35 PM

we use to have pretty good pugs, most of them left , and then all the big merc units teamed up against jade falcon. So their is no point of even trying to capture a planet. The war is over on the jade falcon front, a lot of us just do quick play now, why fight 12 mans for dots on a map when it gives no reward or incentive? I don't blame merc units for not wanting to take contract with JF. I think all units should know that if you contract with JF and capture a planet...you're just going to lose it to the big merc zerg rush

It would be great if the next time the devs do the battle of Tukayid...they make it so that only clans that reached a certain point on the CW map can fight on tukayid, So if only one clan is close to tukayid...that one clan will have to fight all the units in the five houses, that would make it so that clans work together more rather then fight each other.

BTW we also have a team speak that we invite pugs to, no is using it since all the loyalist have left so it's a free TS for anyone that wants one

Edited by Grimwill, 11 February 2016 - 10:08 PM.

#9 Adalwin

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 03:36 AM

View PostGrimwill, on 11 February 2016 - 09:35 PM, said:

The war is over on the jade falcon front, a lot of us just do quick play now, why fight 12 mans for dots on a map when it gives no reward or incentive? I don't blame merc units for not wanting to take contract with JF. I think all units should know that if you contract with JF and capture a planet...you're just going to lose it to the big merc zerg rush

You answer the question yourself because "quick play" does not really improve teamplay and is mostly a rambo style game mode of uncoorinated PUGs. We took our contract with Jadefalcon and have a lot of fun here altough we lose the gained territory to Zergs because no one is defending it. Wenn we attack the attacker defender ratio is 1 vs 3 or when Jadefalcon gets attacked it is the other way. Together with the points mentioned above it is clear that Jadefalcon gets farmed.

Adalwin

#10 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 09:50 AM

View PostWitchdoctor1, on 12 February 2016 - 09:27 AM, said:

Eventually we will get to where the Clans are relevant again.

*Fingers Crossed*

#11 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 01:56 PM

well good luck herding steam noobers, getting pugs to do anything is like babysitting a group of caffeinated 11 year olds with ADHD. I rather drop with a 12 man with all coms, that is what is fun for me...not commanding pugs. And since quick play is more fun right now that's what i will continue playing, and btw you need team work to win in quick play as well. It's not Call of Duty. I'll come back to CW when the loyal units come back and when PGI fixes the issues that we beta players have been telling them for over a year

Like i said before their is a free TS you can use, so you already have the tools

just beware that whatever you capture is going to be zerg back by mercs in a matter of days, so you won't even get bragging rights, not that you get anything for capturing a planet to begin with. If a game of collecting dots on a map is fun...then go at it

#12 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 10:21 AM

By the way, the teamspeak address is ts.clanjadefalcon.com

#13 PUFNSTUF

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 12:19 AM

View PostGrimwill, on 12 February 2016 - 01:56 PM, said:

well good luck herding steam noobers, getting pugs to do anything is like babysitting a group of caffeinated 11 year olds with ADHD. I rather drop with a 12 man with all coms, that is what is fun for me...not commanding pugs. And since quick play is more fun right now that's what i will continue playing, and btw you need team work to win in quick play as well. It's not Call of Duty. I'll come back to CW when the loyal units come back and when PGI fixes the issues that we beta players have been telling them for over a year

Like i said before their is a free TS you can use, so you already have the tools

just beware that whatever you capture is going to be zerg back by mercs in a matter of days, so you won't even get bragging rights, not that you get anything for capturing a planet to begin with. If a game of collecting dots on a map is fun...then go at it

I and my buddy were these so called steam noobers and have joined their TS channel. Since playing with them for the past week, we have actually won the majority of our games, so not all pugs are bad. Sadly, no matter how many wins we get on Gotter, its gobbled back up. Short of a map reset, I don't know what would break Jade Falcon out of owning only one planet, so you are right on that front.

#14 KinLuu

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 03:35 AM

Several loyalist units left CJF, because they wanted to tour the other factions for more free stuff.

This made CJF less attractive for merc units as well, which lead to the situation as is.

#15 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 16 February 2016 - 07:57 AM

You need a good loyalist backbone to make a strong faction.

#16 Alec Braca

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, Massachusetts USA

Posted 18 February 2016 - 05:57 AM

We just came from a week long contract with the Ghost Bears and they have much improved and I'm not talking about the recent territorial gains. The Falcon pugs on the other hand are, in my opinion, the best Clanner pugs out there and usually present us with a decent fight. Eventually, the steam player community will integrate and become team players but until then, if they go off and die because they think it's MW4 then we can't stop them.

#17 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:28 PM

I'm kinda bummed.

Played 3 drops tonight attacking Lackhove, as {QQ} is on a stint with Clan Jade Falcon. We were the only attacking team there, along with a few PUGs. Seriously. We had an 11-man bunch in queue waiting >5 minutes for a 12th PUG to join in.

Sure, it's a Tuesday night, just before Cease Fire, and the planet was 0% turned when we started at 11:00pm Eastern US. (We picked up two zones, and successfully held territory on one of them, though the resistance was ... LIGHT ... )

SADLY, a lot of our players were eager to get out of this contract and into another IS term. With the Archer coming up next week, naturally some folks will want to get the IS's premier heavy missile boat in the action. We'll be back to Clans before the Kodiak goes live, and I'd LIKE to be able to argue for another Jade Falcon contract.

But the really THIN queues aren't helping in that regard.

Jade Falcon, lore-wise, is a STRONG clan. I like playing on Jade Falcon. This is the clan to be in, IMO.

So. How DO we attract more players, loyalist or not, to this clan? How do we make Jade Falcon great again, like it was before Tukayyid 2? How do we fill the queues with willing mechwarriors, veteran and green alike, to press the fight for Terra?

#18 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:37 PM

If, and I emphasize, IF, PGI wants more loyalist units, they need to remove the penalty for being loyalist.

In other words, a loyalist should be capable of earning an equal amount of Faction Rewards as someone who jumps between factions as long as they have earned an equal level of LP.

#19 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:50 PM

View PostJon Gotham, on 11 February 2016 - 11:05 AM, said:

This is awesome you are doing this, however thanks to the impending queue split....that will sabotage your good intentions:(

yes. Save the worse from.....their betters that they can learn form?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users