- - - - -

Advice, Few $ To Blow.

11 replies to this topic

#1 Peacebringer82

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:13 PM

Heya!

Whats the best way to spend 20$ that also comes with premium time and wont be gimpy in CW?

I play IS and have Raven's/HBK's/TDR's/BNC's plus one Stalker and Awesome.

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

#2 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:23 PM

Either Blackjack mastery package or standard Marauder package.

#3 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,575 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:30 PM

If you can scrape together a little more cash, the Bounty Hunter addon to the Marauder package is a great 'mech.

#4 Kira Onime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:46 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 09 February 2016 - 09:30 PM, said:

If you can scrape together a little more cash, the Bounty Hunter addon to the Marauder package is a great 'mech.

This is what I'd do.

Get 35$ to blow and put it on the basic marauder pack + bounty hunter add-on.
MAD pack comes with 30 days of premium time (banked) which means you can activate it whenever you want.
Mech bundles I believe active the prem on purchase

The bounty hunter doesn't offer anything outside of the mech itself.

#5 invernomuto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 10 February 2016 - 12:24 AM

I started playing this game about two weeks ago. I bought the standard Marauder pack for 20$.
Very good and fun mech IMHO.

For those suggesting to buy the Bounty Hunter: isn't it very slow (225XL engine instead of 300XL of other variants)?

#6 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 10 February 2016 - 12:32 AM

View PostKira Onime, on 09 February 2016 - 09:46 PM, said:

This is what I'd do.

Get 35$ to blow and put it on the basic marauder pack + bounty hunter add-on.
MAD pack comes with 30 days of premium time (banked) which means you can activate it whenever you want.
Mech bundles I believe active the prem on purchase

The bounty hunter doesn't offer anything outside of the mech itself.

the Bounty Hunter gets 30% extra cbills per game.

I prefer the Warhammer to the Marauder, but both are good Mechs, with 3 Mechs and 30 days premium time + 3 cockpit items for $20, an extra $15 gets a "hero" varient with a 30% cbill earnings boost, or $40 gets you the "collectors pack" with a duplicate of one of the variants from the basic pack which has a 30% cbill boost as well as 60 days premium time and 9 cockpit items

View Postinvernomuto, on 10 February 2016 - 12:24 AM, said:

I started playing this game about two weeks ago. I bought the standard Marauder pack for 20$.

For those suggesting to buy the Bounty Hunter: isn't it very slow (225XL engine instead of 300XL of other variants)?

yes it is very slow, its max engine is a 300, I run 350s on the others. I prefer the Warhammer because the Black Widow (war hammer hero) can do 75KPH before speed tweak where as the Bounty Hunter is restricted to 64

#7 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:21 AM

Its got a lower max engine than the other variants ts, but it can still mount a 300 rated engine, so its not horribly slow. I'd NEVER go below 300 though.

#8 Moebius Pi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 211 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:35 AM

The Bounty Hunter can also punch with a nasty 50 point Alpha without much issue, without running crazy hot. 6 Med Lasers, 1 AC20, StD 300, and as one sees fit, a couple of jump jets if desired, 3ish tons of ammo and DHS after upgrading it to Endo, with only minimal armor trimming to the legs and head to boot. Or, say to hell with it for jump jets, go a bit ammo shy and undertonned slightly and just cram another DHS in.

Sure, it runs slow, but it's still pretty tanky with nasty punch while still rocking a more survivable STD, which is a nice combination. Not so great for "fast heavy" or fast pushing attacks on CW, but no slouch on defense/counterattack if you want something with a c-bill bonus to boot. The 3 other variants can all run solid loadouts as well. They really remind me of lighter weight Stalkers overall.

Personally I prefer the Warhammer, but I have no regrets at all on the Marauder and Hero. Even then it's because the Warhammer reminds me in gameplay more of the Battlemasters (my preference) over Stalkers.

#9 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:02 AM

You can increase it up to 300. I run 280 to 300 on all my variants regardless, and don't have a need for speeds beyond this. You can change the engine out. It's a Battlemech, not an Omnimech.

#10 Kira Onime

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 10 February 2016 - 06:45 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 10 February 2016 - 12:32 AM, said:

the Bounty Hunter gets 30% extra cbills per game.

I was mainly refering to what the package offers on purchase.
It's 15$ for the mech+mechbay. No prem time or cockpit items or whatever.

#11 Morggo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC, USA

Posted 10 February 2016 - 06:48 AM

I'm a Marauder guy, just haven't gotten into my Warhammer despite trying to fall in love with it.
However, either one would treat you well I suspect and meet you criteria for good value for your $20 as well as get you premium time. Oh, and keep in mind they come with enough mechs to master the chassis as well as the mechbays to own them... so you won't have to buy more variants to skill them up fully.

#12 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 February 2016 - 06:59 AM

View PostKira Onime, on 10 February 2016 - 06:45 AM, said:

I was mainly refering to what the package offers on purchase.
It's 15$ for the mech+mechbay. No prem time or cockpit items or whatever.

I think people were mainly suggesting you get the addon because it's a solid mech, with increased C-Bill earnings, which really help out in CW.

You can easily run a Gauss+ Lasers build on the hero with great results. Running it with a STD 300, or XL 300 still gives you decent speeds. Do remember that you can upgrade the engines on your mechs, so you can make them perform far better than stock.

BOUNTY HUNTER II This is just a rudimentary build, but that can do some mean damage. Never fire all 7 MLs unless you really have to (the 7th will generate 7.2 heat instead of 4), and 4 tons of Gauss is enough (it might actually be too much). You still have 11 slots, so you can actually shave down a ton of armor if you want, to either add an extra JJ (or swap the 4th GR ton of ammo for a JJ), or a DHS (again, the 4th ton of ammo can be swapped for that).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users