27 replies to this topic

#1 ReemusX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 299 posts
  • LocationMidwest USA

Posted 10 February 2016 - 04:31 AM

Been playing since about 3am CST today and right off the bat I have noticed that my dmg numbers seem super low for the output I have been throwing out at targets.

Without getting into detail detail detail.... I watched about 40mins of my videos so far on matches where I was going "wtf?? how did this guy take that many hits and still be standing?"...

I found that about 40-50% of my on-target hits were showing up as registered hits... Doesn't matter if I was using ERLL...AC/20s...etc.

Last match is when I decided to take a look.... A Mauler on Conquest decided to stand on Theta and just stare at me. I was on comms with group and we laughed when I said "this guy....he isn't going to live long with me".. I was rolling a KGC with dual AC/20s and dual MedL and was about 250m from him. I stopped and did the "shoot out" with him... 14 rounds of AC/20 plus the mediums on a still target and he just stood there still shooting. Eventually I got wrecked by a couple lights that snuck up behind me (I have low rear armor..very low). My group on comms was watching and were in shock that this Mauler was standing there taking the hits.

I watched the vid.... All 14 of those AC20 rounds exploded on the Mauler...but only about 1 out of 3 or so showed my red "tick" to register hits. I literally was not moving and didn't even adjust aim...It was dead center. So I decided that's it... time to see what's going on with my side.

I have been running 47-53 ping and been mostly on US Server where my pings are best...but... decided to release and renew IP... Then decided to set VLAN on the port for my gaming rig on my switch... Dropped all other devices as well to make sure.... Got back on a pub match and same thing. In my KGC with the 20s....had another KGC literally walk by me shooting at someone else... I tore into him... 120m or so... Over and over and over with the AC20s.... Nothing.... He falls off a ledge still with armor showing.... No way he could have armor on that side after what I did to him...

So I am stuck here.... I got hit with some mediums on next match well within range and the my screen showed hits from that direction....but ZERO damage to my armor.... Wondering if something is going on that I (a 15yr network engineer) can't figure out on my own infrastructure..... or if there is some server side issue running right now?

#2 Paigan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 04:50 AM

Yesterday, I found a DC'ed Stalker and with no enemies near, I decided to ... you know ... grab the easy kill instead of helping my team (but hey! He could have reconnected, right?).

4xERLL precisely to the CT.
Another 4.
Another 4.
Another 4.
Paperdoll says: orange armor. Oh, okay, then ...
Another 4.
Another 4.
Paperdoll: dark orange armor.
Another 4.
AND the LRMs, because f*** you.
Another 4.
Shutdown.
Paperdoll says: cored CT.

That was easily > 300 damage. Maybe 400.
To the CT of an inactive Mech.
Mech was still standing.

I sense some SLIGHT hit reg problems.
(ping was 120).

Edited by Paigan, 10 February 2016 - 04:54 AM.

#3 Karamarka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 809 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:00 AM

I wish i had 50 ping average.

Bring on the west coast server pl0x

more on topic : i did have something strange 2 games ago, but it was invisible hit box on a DC timberwolf.

Edited by Karamarka, 10 February 2016 - 05:01 AM.

#4 ReemusX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 299 posts
  • LocationMidwest USA

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:01 AM

Yea it has been funky today...I literally cannot break 200dmg even in a brawl...when I avg around 500-800dmg a match. My play style hasn't changed...and yea there are those bad matches... but I can lay down some death on someone and nearly fall out of my chair when I see "160dmg 9 assists" ..... Now...how do you get 9 assists with AC20s only and 160dmg?

View PostKaramarka, on 10 February 2016 - 05:00 AM, said:

That's US server.... Oceanic I am on the brink of 200ping.... Euro about 120ping

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:28 AM

after a series of brutally awesome games with awesomes, i started working on my battlemasters. i saw game after game of sit around do nothing gameplay, died stupid deaths, horrible damage. the pendulum swings, as usual.

#6 Notorious Meerkat

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 72 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:32 AM

Had a similar thing while playing my Crows, though on EU servers. Hitreg was hilarious. I usually predict my damage numbers within +-50, couple of rounds I was off by 200-300. For the worse. And I saw all shots connecting. o.O

#7 ReemusX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 299 posts
  • LocationMidwest USA

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:52 AM

Fixed it!! Switched to Arctic Cheater and I was hitting things I didn't even shoot at!!

#8 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 February 2016 - 06:25 AM

View PostReemusX, on 10 February 2016 - 04:31 AM, said:

Been playing since about 3am CST today and right off the bat I have noticed that my dmg numbers seem super low for the output I have been throwing out at targets.

Without getting into detail detail detail.... I watched about 40mins of my videos so far on matches where I was going "wtf?? how did this guy take that many hits and still be standing?"...

I found that about 40-50% of my on-target hits were showing up as registered hits... Doesn't matter if I was using ERLL...AC/20s...etc.

Last match is when I decided to take a look.... A Mauler on Conquest decided to stand on Theta and just stare at me. I was on comms with group and we laughed when I said "this guy....he isn't going to live long with me".. I was rolling a KGC with dual AC/20s and dual MedL and was about 250m from him. I stopped and did the "shoot out" with him... 14 rounds of AC/20 plus the mediums on a still target and he just stood there still shooting. Eventually I got wrecked by a couple lights that snuck up behind me (I have low rear armor..very low). My group on comms was watching and were in shock that this Mauler was standing there taking the hits.

I watched the vid.... All 14 of those AC20 rounds exploded on the Mauler...but only about 1 out of 3 or so showed my red "tick" to register hits. I literally was not moving and didn't even adjust aim...It was dead center. So I decided that's it... time to see what's going on with my side.

I have been running 47-53 ping and been mostly on US Server where my pings are best...but... decided to release and renew IP... Then decided to set VLAN on the port for my gaming rig on my switch... Dropped all other devices as well to make sure.... Got back on a pub match and same thing. In my KGC with the 20s....had another KGC literally walk by me shooting at someone else... I tore into him... 120m or so... Over and over and over with the AC20s.... Nothing.... He falls off a ledge still with armor showing.... No way he could have armor on that side after what I did to him...

So I am stuck here.... I got hit with some mediums on next match well within range and the my screen showed hits from that direction....but ZERO damage to my armor.... Wondering if something is going on that I (a 15yr network engineer) can't figure out on my own infrastructure..... or if there is some server side issue running right now?

Would love to see some of that footage.

View PostPaigan, on 10 February 2016 - 04:50 AM, said:

Yesterday, I found a DC'ed Stalker and with no enemies near, I decided to ... you know ... grab the easy kill instead of helping my team (but hey! He could have reconnected, right?).

4xERLL precisely to the CT.
Another 4.
Another 4.
Another 4.
Paperdoll says: orange armor. Oh, okay, then ...
Another 4.
Another 4.
Paperdoll: dark orange armor.
Another 4.
AND the LRMs, because f*** you.
Another 4.
Shutdown.
Paperdoll says: cored CT.

That was easily > 300 damage. Maybe 400.
To the CT of an inactive Mech.
Mech was still standing.

I sense some SLIGHT hit reg problems.
(ping was 120).

Disconnected mechs are known to have dysync'd hitboxes and poor registration. You can safely disregard any issues you find with them.

#9 ReemusX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 299 posts
  • LocationMidwest USA

Posted 10 February 2016 - 07:03 AM

Soon as I finish for the day I'll combine the vids and convert and upload. It sits on about 31 gigs right now total so I need to bust out movie maker and do some work.... It will be Saturday if I try to upload 31 gigs

#10 Morggo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC, USA

Posted 10 February 2016 - 07:09 AM

Similar now that you mention it. Last night me and a lancemate thinking back had many side comments like "how the heck is that mech still standing" and such... I mean, I had times my oxide just poured alphas into backsides that barely changed color. Same with my CRB and STK's.... I just chalked it up to lag or something I was doing wrong. Huh.

I'll pay more attention this evening and see if it's any different.

#11 crustydog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 February 2016 - 08:19 AM

Time to reboot the server:)

#12 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 08:38 AM

(Let me adjust my tin foil hat, I don't want to have PGI's lunch menu interrupting my thoughts here)...

I have noticed, for somewhere around two weeks now a significant issue in hit detection. I had assumed PGI had stealthily introduced some sort of throttling technique to slow down the players that have really consistent aim.

Prior a few weeks ago, I could easily get at least two registered head shot kills in an evening's play (say about 4 hours). After the second headshot though (especially if I got two in under an hour) ballistics convergence and hit registration would always, AND I MEAN ALWAYS, go to absolute ****.

It got to the point that after the second headshot, I'd just stop playing for the night and go on to something else.

More recently however, it seems to be extremely difficult to register even ONE head shot kill in an evening.

Again, as far as I know, nothing has changed on my end. All other games I play I seem to have no changes in my effectiveness.

Anyway, the tinfoil hat I'm wearing has absorbed too many theta rays, time for me to end this post and get a new hat, before PGI's mind control beams convince me that Clans are STILL underpowered and need to be buffed by equipping every 'mech with a free no-weight, no-charge up cycle, gauss rifle...

#13 Metaccini Alfredo

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationMaui

Posted 10 February 2016 - 08:44 AM

more on topic : i did have something strange 2 games ago, but it was invisible hit box on a DC timberwolf.

Played visiting my bro in San Diego CA and my ping was 70, west coast ain't so bad. Also played from a hotel in Los Angeles, ping was in the 130's - seems like if your traffic goes through LA you're boned.

Edited by Metaccini Alfredo, 10 February 2016 - 08:45 AM.

#14 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 08:47 AM

View PostTarogato, on 10 February 2016 - 06:25 AM, said:

[...]
Disconnected mechs are known to have dysync'd hitboxes and poor registration. You can safely disregard any issues you find with them.

Thanks for the info. However, it's an issue (or several) nonetheless.

#15 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 08:52 AM

View PostTarogato, on 10 February 2016 - 06:25 AM, said:

Would love to see some of that footage.

Ok I hear what you're saying on this, HOWEVER...

Hit registration is server side. OBVIOUSLY on a DC'd 'mech there is NO MOVEMENT incoming to the server. The 'mech is stationary, there's no alternate set of hit boxes for powered down/disconnected 'mechs, and there's no HSR necessary for a STATIONARY attacker and target, SO "how" do we have 'desync'd hit boxes and poor hit registration'?

It makes no actual sense when I think about it.

Any theories on the matter?

#16 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 10 February 2016 - 09:12 AM

View PostDimento Graven, on 10 February 2016 - 08:52 AM, said:

Ok I hear what you're saying on this, HOWEVER...

Hit registration is server side. OBVIOUSLY on a DC'd 'mech there is NO MOVEMENT incoming to the server. The 'mech is stationary, there's no alternate set of hit boxes for powered down/disconnected 'mechs, and there's no HSR necessary for a STATIONARY attacker and target, SO "how" do we have 'desync'd hit boxes and poor hit registration'?

It makes no actual sense when I think about it.

Any theories on the matter?

Happens in CW just about every time there's a Disco.

I also love when the mech DISAPPEARS, only to be dropped by the next dropship (the same mech dropping twice, retaining the damage).

Then you go to shoot the ST, you hit the head (90 degrees out of sync), the CT, the arm. It varies.

Same could be true for Public matches where Dropships are involved. Maybe some check isn't done unless the pilot is present, causing the mesh to not correspond with the hitbox.

#17 SkaerKrow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 258 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 10 February 2016 - 09:20 AM

Yesterday I had a Raven standing right in front of my Warhammer, hitting me with two Large Lasers. I run four Small Lasers in the torso, and started hitting him in the CT over and over again with the quad Small Lasers. We did this for at least 45 seconds before the match ended. He didn't take any of my torso locations out, and I didn't take any of his. At the time, I chalked this up to small lasers being crappier than I had realized, but in hindsight, he probably should have killed me (or at least cored me). Now I'm not so sure.

#18 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 10 February 2016 - 09:24 AM

View Postcrustydog, on 10 February 2016 - 08:19 AM, said:

Time to reboot the server:)

Yeah, if they are going to stay on the 1 month patch schedule. they should do more frequent server maintenance. Hit reg always seems to be much better after patches for whatever reason.

#19 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 10 February 2016 - 10:07 AM

If this game did super well maybe there will be a west coast server. That would be awesome.

#20 MrMadguy

• 2,199 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 10:16 AM

Something has changed about our extremely unstable matchmaking again. I guess it's dump valves, that were opened due to lack of players. May be it's cuz DoubleXP event ended yesterday, so we don't have any events running and all Meta players returned to their precious CW? You had bad matches today - and I, instead, had good ones. That's why Meta players should be kept away from pug queue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users