- - - - -

What Mechs Are Available In Faction Play

7 replies to this topic

#1 wenth

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:06 PM

Trying to understand what mech's are allowed to be used by who in faction play. i get that sphere cant use clan and clan cant use sphere but is there a list of mech's some where for the life of me my google-fu is not strong enough to figure it out.

#2 Tickdoff Tank

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,647 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:14 PM

You get a total of 260 toms of mechs (no matter IS or Clan, same weight allowance), to be spread among 4 mechs. I believe the minimum weight is 140 tons. Usually people take 1 assault, and 1 fast-ish mech, and the other 2 are what they drive best.

My current IS dropship is : Stalker, Blackjack, and 2 Thunderbolts

To answer your question more directly, If you are aligned with an IS faction then you can only use IS mechs, and the same with Clan (you already said this in the OP), beyond that, the only restrictions are weight based. Individual Drop Commanders may have specific types of mechs they want for a mission, such as an all ECM drop, or all fast ankle biters, or whatever, but the game does not force you to use Kurita preferred mechs if you are aligned to Kurita, and so on.

Edited by Tickdoff Tank, 10 February 2016 - 05:26 PM.

#3 Dan Baxter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 240 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:15 PM

Smurfy's mechlab is a good source for looking at the various 'mechs ingame.

#4 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:55 PM

What exactly would you like listed?

#5 The Mecha Streisand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 245 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 06:12 PM

If I understand correctly, OP is wondering a) if there are any other restrictions, and B) which mechs are which (IS, Clan).

a) Nope. 4 mechs of the right side (IS or Clan) of total weight between the current min and max.

B) Sort/filter by Clan/IS in the SELECT MECH screen in game. Or check Smurfy.

#6 wenth

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 06:17 PM

Tickdoff Tank: thank you for the detailed info

Dan Baxter:THANK YOU! that helps immensely being able to look at the mechs devied by clan/IS

Boogie138: basicly what Dan linked but in a list format but what he linked works just as well in the end

The Mecha Streisand: thank you

#7 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 11 February 2016 - 12:47 AM

View PostTickdoff Tank, on 10 February 2016 - 05:14 PM, said:

You get a total of 260 toms of mechs (no matter IS or Clan, same weight allowance), to be spread among 4 mechs. I believe the minimum weight is 140 tons. Usually people take 1 assault, and 1 fast-ish mech, and the other 2 are what they drive best.

minimum is 160 not 140, so you cannot have a 4 Light dropdeck, same as you cannot have a 4 assault dropdeck

#8 Tickdoff Tank

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,647 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:10 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 11 February 2016 - 12:47 AM, said:

minimum is 160 not 140, so you cannot have a 4 Light dropdeck, same as you cannot have a 4 assault dropdeck

Thanks for the correction, I was struggling to remember the correct amount, and apparently I got it wrong.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users