Hard Crashes To Desktop, Game Error Or Video Card Error?

No replies to this topic

#1 GZeorymer

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 10:41 PM

Okay, I know that in the previous patches, my game client's been pretty stable, with crashes only happening once in a blue moon. However, over the last few days, the crashes have been frequent, and I'm not too sure if it's mech based, game engine based, or video card based. Here's what I know so far;

1) The way it crashes is always the same; the game screen freezes for a split second, then it semi distorts, with 'green pixels' appearing randomly. The screen goes black, then I get the cryengine error that says the game ran into a critical failure but has recovered. It tells me to check my video card voltage an all the other things it would think is an error. But I know it's not my video card as I've run other multiplayer games and they don't crash. To top it off, it's not a CPU or GPU heating issue, as I have ASUS Fan Expert which tells me my heat ratings as they run. IF it was my CPU or GPU overheating, I'd know. The crashes are also random, I could go 1, 2, maybe 3 matches just fine. The next thing I know, I crash every game.

2) I've been piloting lights as of late, before I hopped into them again, I was piloting heavies, and the crashes were few and far inbetween. However, since I started to pilot wolfhounds...it seems I'm either crashing during the dropship/startup sequence, in mid full speed run in the environment, or when I see an explosion of a mech and a few seconds later, it crashes. These are occuring very randomly.

3) Just a few minutes ago, someone in the all chat said something about 'why is everyone disconnecting?", then the next thing I know, my own game crashes, again. I've tried THREE times to connect to the game, and each time, after being in the game for 2 to 3 second after loading it, the same error happens. HOWEVER, what I did notice is that I'm not the ONLY ONE who this is happening too, as SEVERAL other players suddenly disconnected, likely having the same problem.

So, with this in mind, what are the odds that this is either an ingame bug? Or a video card issue with the current patch of the game? Or the game not liking the current patch for the video card?

EDIT: I have just tried another match; I manage to stay in there for 2 minutes, no combat, nothing. Screen does the same thing, and it hard crashes. I tried joining 2 more times, and the same problem still happens.

EDIT 2: Also, the same error is occuring even in the testing grounds.

Edited by GZeorymer, 10 February 2016 - 10:59 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users