Patch Notes - 1.4.53 - 16-Feb-2016

366 replies to this topic

#21 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 01:28 PM

I'm not sure I see a reason for the Clan MASC to be less effective than the IS one with regard to turning.

I'm also trying to decide if I miss read or not, but the ShadowCat got no new quirks to help it out?

It is sad to see that the Highlander IIC and Orion IIC didn't get the much needed mobility quirks that their IS counterparts have. I like that the Clan versions are squishier than the IS version, but mobility should be similar.

#22 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 01:29 PM

I really don't like these blanket nerfs to address 1 weapon. And it's not even 1 weapon, it's really 1 weapon combined with certain chassis like the QKDs and STKs.

#23 Revorn

• The Patron
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 01:29 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 12 February 2016 - 01:09 PM, said:

Tunguska Event: Knock down 80,000,000 trees.

Realy cool one. +1 Posted Image

Posted Image

#24 Saint Atlas and the Commando Elf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 595 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 01:31 PM

Wow. Seems you guys put some hard work into this. Well done.

#25 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 12 February 2016 - 01:32 PM

Was summoner left arm animation glitch on the list as well?

Posted Image

#26 rangergord

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 01:34 PM

So basically everyone who said the sky was falling was right and everyone who said, surely the mechs losing the range quirks that make them viable will get something to compensate was wrong. I hate being that guy, but GGPGI. Months of balance down the drain due to clan whiners. As a southern IS player I'll enjoy being able to attack the clans again.

#27 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 01:36 PM

Mr. Garden, please set the scientists to work, ´cause :
We NEED to murder ALL the trees !

Mooooooooooom ? Where´s my axe again ?

As a sidenote ... wanna try out all those mechs with the new quirkings ^^.

#28 PUFNSTUF

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 01:43 PM

So with the Blackjack still be the go to medium or not anymore with these changes? Lotta stuff in regards to the quickdraw.

#29 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 12 February 2016 - 01:43 PM

View PostFelio, on 12 February 2016 - 12:40 PM, said:

Posted Image

Better late than never.

I think it's funny that you showed a tweet from 2014 about flamers sucking and a would-be fix failing.

That's cute.

lol.

#30 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 12 February 2016 - 01:45 PM

Ok, I'm going to somewhat save judgment for the Flamer "fix", but overall I'm really ******* pissed off with this ********. THAT **** IS YOUR FLAMER FIX?!? Let me just outline a few points here that PGI **SHOULD** have taken into consideration when dealing with the weapon system . . . but apparently didn't because they're too scared to have anything outside a frigging laser vomit meta by making other weapons balanced and useful.

1. Flamers DO INFLICT 2 Damage on enemy mechs in TT. They are NOT zero damage weapons. Quit succumbing to that obnoxious urban legend. They actually inflict the same amount of damage as MGs and AC/2s. Flamers should be doing some notable damage in MWO . . . period.

2. In TT, Flamers can actually force mechs into reactor overload and destruction. Yes, there's a limit to how much heat damage you can inflict per round (to prevent 10 flamers from instantly blowing up any mech they see), but they can still force reactor overloads. In MWO, we cannot do that; and frankly it's understandable. However, that means we need something to compensate. These things better make any mech that they look at feel like they're standing in the Volcano of Terra Therma . . . otherwise these heat levels are useless, because they can't cause mechs to actually overheat. Of course, they're still not really inflicting damage, now, anyway. What a joke.

3. PGI is still keeping this utterly horrid heat acceleration mechanic . . . and in fact they shortened the delay before it kicks in. Again, the heat damage they're inflicting better be godly, otherwise we're walking hot-boxes that can't keep flamers active for more than a few seconds without turning into a molten lava-pit ourselves. It will make it even harder to keep Flamers as support weapons while using other weapons to actually inflict damage to targets.

Seriously, PGI, what input did you take for this crap. Now, granted, I MIGHT be eating my words come Tuesday the 16th of February in the year 2016 . . . but I sincerely doubt it. I got ridiculed more than I care to talk about before these "fixes" came into play; and I have a feeling it's going to get a lot worse from here. One tenth of one point of damage per second . . . wow . . . and I thought it was hard to make them useful when they were .4 DPS.

Maybe I'll come back later with something else to say; and forgive the rather pissed off and irate rant . . . but y'all asked for it and are deserving of it after this. What a pathetic ******* joke of a fix for a terribly beleaguered weapon system. A simple fix would have been scrapping the heat acceleration mechanics, putting in useful DPS, Heat DPS, and Heat Gen flat values, and calling it a day .. . but no . . . instead we got this.

EDIT: Oh, and unless it's not clear . . . the wallet sure as **** isn't opening back up for PGI with this "fix" for Flamers. Only chance that'll be the case is if somehow I'm eating my words come Tuesday . . . and again . . . I doubt it.

Edited by Sereglach, 12 February 2016 - 01:52 PM.

#31 SockSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 01:45 PM

The following values have been adjusted for Flamers:[indent]
• Amount of Damage per second has been decreased from 0.7 to 0.1.
• Amount of Heat per second applied to an enemy 'Mech has been increased from 0 to 4.5.
• Duration of time before Heat starts to effect your own 'Mech (not the enemy) has been shortened from 6.25 to 4.75 seconds.[/indent]
• Flamer visuals have been adjusted to minimize the blinding effect caused by their use

Ok...how to process this...the flamers are being nerfed or buffed, or both?? Lets see...damage down...a lot, your own mech overheats worse, and is now not as blinding? Looks like a nerf except for one thing, heat applied to an enemy mech is from 0 to 4.5 per second... assuming this is true, it looks like enemy mechs with energy weapons will shut down from just a kiss from that flame. Meaning despite its very, very low damage now, it might be able to keep the enemy shut down for a looooooong time....meaning the damage nerf may not be a problem if the ability to keep the enemy shutdown is very high. I will be testing this for sure...

Sereglach, I might be agreeing with you on Feb 16th, cause I don't think the increased heating ability will help much, not if the other helpful effects, damage, blinding effect, etc are nerfed, 3 of the 4 things done to the flamers are NERFs in this patch, I'm rather surprised that this is the choice they chose, but if just the overheat enemy mech ability Is a lot better than before, one-on-on battles will be a breeze, and as long as they deal damage at all, I'll be ok.

Update: See latest post, pg. 15-16 for current opinion.

Edited by Independence MK2, 16 February 2016 - 02:42 PM.

#32 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 01:47 PM

Fun fact: A clan ERLL with module and TC MkIV outranges an IS ERLL with module and maximum quirk by roughly the same amount that an IS ERLL with the vaunted 25% range quirk and a module used to outrange the Clan ERLL before.

So... no, PGI, you did not make ER LL sniping less powerful. Nor did you balance an IS advantage. You simply shifted the advantage to the other side. Posted Image

And that's if we're only talking about the ER LL issue, which was apparently so bloody important that it required blanket, uncompensated reduction of quirks in sixty-eight Mechs (rather than... I dunno... maybe changing the range on the ER LL?) Posted Image

Edited by Koshirou, 12 February 2016 - 01:56 PM.

#33 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 12 February 2016 - 01:49 PM

View PostIndependence MK2, on 12 February 2016 - 01:45 PM, said:

The following values have been adjusted for Flamers:[indent]
• Amount of Damage per second has been decreased from 0.7 to 0.1.
• Amount of Heat per second applied to an enemy 'Mech has been increased from 0 to 4.5.
• Duration of time before Heat starts to effect your own 'Mech (not the enemy) has been shortened from 6.25 to 4.75 seconds.[/indent]
• Flamer visuals have been adjusted to minimize the blinding effect caused by their use

Ok...how to process this...the flamers are being nerfed or buffed, or both?? Lets see...damage down...a lot, your own mech overheats worse, and is now not as blinding? Looks like a nerf except for one thing, heat applied to an enemy mech is from 0 to 4.5 per second... assuming this is true, it looks like enemy mechs with energy weapons will shut down from just a kiss from that flame. Meaning despite its very, very low damage now, it might be able to keep the enemy shut down for a looooooong time....meaning the damage nerf may not be a problem if the ability to keep the enemy shutdown is very high. I will be testing this for sure...

No, no no.

It won't shut anyone down, because it'll magically stop applying heat at 90% (well, to the enemy, they'll still overheat you!)

Now, those targeting computer buffs! The projectile speed in particular is quite significant; for dakka builds, I can see a midsized TC being worthwhile. I'll have to think long and hard about them in my Kodiaks. The beam range is nice, but... eh. I wouldn't spend the tonnage on a larger TC for a laser build; DHS would still be better.

I would in my Direwolves, if they hadn't been nerfed into the ground with the movement changes.

#34 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 684 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 12 February 2016 - 01:52 PM

Well thanks for neutering IS lasers. They needed the boosts to compete with Clanners. BTW when's the ban list coming out? I'm hoping it's a LONG list.

#35 RedbulOne

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 9 posts

I've complained before about "see-sawing" ... it's one thing this month and another thing next month - I even say to myself I'm not spending any more damn money on this game --- and then I do. BUT NOW??? SERIOUSLY - ALLLLL of the rebalancing and ******** that entailed reequipping mechs etc.. is completely down the drain and worthless.. Nerf EVERY IS laser range? Undo ALL the clan negative quirks (some of which are 2 months old) Me and my friends/unit have been playing this game since the onset and it really is getting stupid now. There is absolutely no point in buying mechs anymore because in a month the just nerf the **** out of them and they aren't the mech you really bought. Ive made it through all the good and mostly idiotic changes PGI has made over the last couple years - and even survived the steamers. But I have no frigging idea anymore who PGI wants to play this game or who they listen to for these ideas - you guys really are killing off your most loyal fanbase. If you think adding and removing quirks every patch and changing everything every patch is encouraging game play you are completely wrong. Your are making ALL the mechs just simply vanilla and unspecial. Yea I know... "go find another game complainer" .... okay. Make a decision PGI... try sticking with it for more than 2 months - let the game work itself out for God's sake - it is becoming seriously unfun.

#36 MarineTech

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 2,969 posts
  • LocationRunning rampant in K-Town

OK.. So now we see an issue with dropping back to a single patch each month instead of 2 a month.

Patch notes are now TLDR. Posted Image

#37 xe N on

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 February 2016 - 01:59 PM

Flamers could be so cool.

... if you could use them to start forest fire on certain maps to obtain a tactical advantage (see Far Cry)
... if you could use them on water to get steam clouds ("smoke granade")
... if you could use them to explode vehicles, ships, burn down buildings or create smoke walls
... if they could be used to make snowy areas slippery.
... if they had an increased changes to trigger ammo explosions

Edited by xe N on, 12 February 2016 - 02:03 PM.

#38 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 02:07 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 12 February 2016 - 01:32 PM, said:

Was summoner left arm animation glitch on the list as well?

Yep. I've just added a line for that fix to the Feb 16th patch notes.

• Summoner (all variants): Fixed an issue with Arm animations.

#39 Dorci

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 47 posts
  • LocationLow Signal (Hungary)

Posted 12 February 2016 - 02:08 PM

- claps claps - Nerf the clans, nerf the clans more!

#40 Jaybee

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 02:12 PM

Great patch notes, looks damn good.

Two things: Command console, where is the love on this and what does it actually do?
I had run it on atlas to test but didnt seem to make any difference really, may as just run BAP.

Second, probably most important for me.
Myself and a couple of mates who play are having huge wait times trying to drop as a 2-3 man group or even just solo.
I rage quit last night after trying several times to drop solo in a medium mech, a wait time of around 5-10 minutes is not really on.
I'm sure matchmaking has been thrashed to death in the forums however this is kinda a deal breaker for me and I've spent more than a few hours on this game.

Can I suggest:
a) make it a hell of alot less complicated and probably moreso than I'm aware of..
Make it just pure tonnage drops, dont worry about elo, pilot rank etc etc so quick play is that, quick. Could be I'm in oceania and qq for me but hey. Sure you may end up in a lance full of noobs or vice versa, but the fact this game is such a grind quick in and out maybe worth while.
B) why not show some progress or a lobby joining screen instead of just searching? I could feel better than I am connected to a lobby and waiting for x out of 24 players to join. Yeah it's all about me.
c)smaller play maps, maybe 2 lances or even one idk

Anyway this comment will either get overlooked or trolled but hey it's nice to vent somewhere.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users