Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 06:42 PM

are they Just Right as they are?
or would you Change something?

If you Could what would you Change(Quirk wise)?

Thoughts, Comments, Concerns?
Thanks,

#2 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 12 February 2016 - 06:46 PM

Warhawk - Scale, scale, and scale again.

Shadowcat - At least 1 more Energy hardpoint, but outside of that - better quirks (more durability, better laser quirks, ideally just duration).

#3 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 06:47 PM

The Warhawk needs rescaling, not quirks. If it was the size of an 85-tonner and not a 100-tonner, it'd be a very great deal better.

As for the Shadow Cat...well, that's something to look into when Information Warfare gasps to the surface again.

#4 Cabusha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 533 posts
  • LocationAK

Posted 12 February 2016 - 06:56 PM

Shadow cat is very much a support mech but is so lackluster. It'd be the perfect chassis for ER-LLs, but the beam duration is so long it gets kicked in the teath.

Warhawk is just a bit too big. It's pretty much indistinguishable from a Whale at range.

#5 Cranial Enigma

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 113 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 06:57 PM

I would first allow those mechs to remove locked equipment (double heat sinks outside of the engine, jump jets, masc) and then see how they do. If they still need help allow the warhawk to upgrade its structure to endo. And for the shadowcat I would then start tweaking with quirks, if the warhawk still needs help after that then it should be rescaled down to the size of an 85 tonner not the size of a 100 ton mech. If all of that failed, then I would give the warhawk quirks.

Honestly I hate how PGI is using quirks to balance mechs rather then looking at the skill tree, weapons, locked equipment, and tech and seeing what they should to to balance them.

#6 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 February 2016 - 06:58 PM

Shadowcat is a victim of hardpoint starvation as well as tonnage spent on excessive JJ's and Masc eating up tonnage for weaponry.

On one hand, I've seen Shadowcats single highhandedly lock down, harass, and completely disrupt CW games turning the tide, but in pub games they're not so great.

Warhawk is actually pretty decent, but lack of shield arms just like any other mech is what hurts it the most, every little bit of damage goes into its Torso's.

Edited by Mister D, 12 February 2016 - 08:47 PM.

#7 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 12 February 2016 - 07:06 PM

SadCat would be acceptable with durations quirks, for the poking game, or MG quirks (or fix the bloody things) to make them not a waste of hardpoints.

#8 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 07:08 PM

WHK, nothing changed?

AMS and NARC quirks remain, no new useful buffs to help this mech out with its hitboxes?

Buff structure better on those ridiculously bad STs? No, why the hell would PGI do that?

The Warhawk has the same, largely irrelevant, quirks it had since they were first given to it.

Why? Just, why?

Edited by Ultimax, 12 February 2016 - 07:09 PM.

#9 TELEFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 07:12 PM

If the Warhawk was given longer laser barrels, maybe it should shield its torsos a little better from lower side hits.

I would love to see the Warhawk get targeting computer-related quirks since the chassis was designed with an integrated modular targeting computer in mind in lore.

I think the Shadow Cat is fine other than the implementation of MASC. It looks like the upcoming patch will help with that a lot!

#10 John1352

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 12 February 2016 - 07:22 PM

The Warhawk does get the arm with -30% UAC jam chance, which can help quite a lot. I think being mistaken for a certain far more terrifying clan assault mech has a lot to do with the fragility of it.

Shadowcat will be a lot more interesting when MASC becomes worthwhile in a few days. It also has ECM, jumpjets and high hardpoints going for it. Just too few energy hardpoints.

#11 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 12 February 2016 - 07:22 PM

Russ said they didn't want to buff the SHC now because they wanted to get a sense of how much MASC helped. Which is fine, but I hope they buff it next month. I hope they don't need 6 months to monitor metrics before they finally give it a helping hand.

#12 ThreeStooges

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 505 posts
  • Locationamc reruns and youtube

Posted 12 February 2016 - 07:28 PM

I love the shadcats. I got two of them and I run them pretty close to stock. Tag,clan active probe and tgc mk 1 with sensor boost make it a great lrmer and people rage on it all the time. I've been "reported" so much today with the event going on just because I can get locks 750m-900m and fire. It does need more laser or bal weapon ports though. The jj and masc are great for getting high ground and getting back into cover. Keep about 100m near your team mates and you do ok. The other mech no idea as I hate slow mechs and the 97 shc is great after using the wolf hound.

#13 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 07:39 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 12 February 2016 - 06:42 PM, said:

are they Just Right as they are?
or would you Change something?

If you Could what would you Change(Quirk wise)?

Thanks,

Scale on the Warhawk, as said multiple times. I do well in it as is and a reduction of its size would help immensely.

As for the Shadowcat, I'd say let's wait and see how the MASC change affects it. With both a larger bonus and being able to use it more frequently, it may turn the mech into a superior littler flanker/guerrilla fighter.

#14 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 12 February 2016 - 08:03 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 12 February 2016 - 07:22 PM, said:

Russ said they didn't want to buff the SHC now because they wanted to get a sense of how much MASC helped. Which is fine, but I hope they buff it next month. I hope they don't need 6 months to monitor metrics before they finally give it a helping hand.

Realistically, expect an answer from us on patch day, followed by 3-4 months of silence until a buff.

#15 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 February 2016 - 08:10 PM

My Shadowcat feels great. It will feel better with the MASC buffs, so I'm super excited.

My Warhawk on the other hand... I don't play it because it's has Stalker blimp ST hitboxes with a Clan XL. Which is a death sentence. IMO the WHK needs a slight remodel - it needs to be made more narrow along the CT to match the concept art.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

All of those look sleek and elegant. And then we get to the MWO in game model... and it's an ugly wide, fat, bloated whale:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Tarogato, 12 February 2016 - 08:13 PM.

#16 xXBagheeraXx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 08:11 PM

Larger PPC velocity quirks on the Warhawk prime arms.

Heat dissipation bonuses added to the CT.

Cant comment on the Scat.

#17 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 12 February 2016 - 08:25 PM

View PostUltimax, on 12 February 2016 - 07:08 PM, said:

WHK, nothing changed?

AMS and NARC quirks remain, no new useful buffs to help this mech out with its hitboxes?

Buff structure better on those ridiculously bad STs? No, why the hell would PGI do that?

The Warhawk has the same, largely irrelevant, quirks it had since they were first given to it.

Why? Just, why?

To continue the circus...

Several Mist Lynx omnipods got their armor/structure quirks nerfed a bit, with certain legs losing as much as 6 health points.

View PostFupDup, on 12 February 2016 - 08:14 PM, said:

http://mwomercs.com/...rk%20Values.pdf

Left arms:
MLX-A: +12 armor, +8 structure --> +4 armor, +12 structure (net loss of 4 health)
MLX-P: +12 armor, +8 structure --> +4 armor, +12 structure (net loss of 4 health)

Right torsos:
MLX-D: +6 armor, +6 structure --> +10 structure (net loss of 2 health)

Left torsos:
MLX-D: +6 armor, +6 structure --> +10 structure (net loss of 2 health)

Left legs:
MLX-C: +15 structure --> +12 structure (net loss of 3 health)
MLX-D: +6 armor, +12 structure --> +12 structure (net loss of 6 health)

Right legs:
MLX-C: +15 structure --> +12 structure (net loss of 3 health)
MLX-D: +6 armor, +12 structure --> +12 structure (net loss of 6 health)

Once again, PGI gonna PGI.

Posted Image

Edited by FupDup, 12 February 2016 - 08:45 PM.

#18 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 February 2016 - 08:40 PM

Myst lynx needs body weapon and probe removal, shadow cat needs Blackjack survivability..

#19 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 12 February 2016 - 08:49 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 12 February 2016 - 06:42 PM, said:

Thanks,

Warhawk is...decent, at least for puglandia. 32tons but wonky free space. But workable with mixed builds.
Main problem is its as big as a DireWhale and shaped like a cube = you cant twist damage or use a deadside.

Rescale done well may make it the Clan Assault to use.

View PostxXBagheeraXx, on 12 February 2016 - 08:11 PM, said:

Larger PPC velocity quirks on the Warhawk prime arms.

Does the TC velocity buffs work with the ERPPC? TC7 is a 35% boost.

#20 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 12 February 2016 - 08:49 PM

@ OP

Shadowcat : Faster more durable and a few more energy hard points. I have topped 1.6k damage in one but I had to bust my balls to do it and it was an entire game of peek-2lpl alpha, run, peek etc etc because it has no ability to take any substantial damage and is damn slow for what you try to do with it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users