Feedback Issue

48 replies to this topic

#41 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 12:35 AM

Does FRR hold the record for most planets lost in a single ceasefire now, by the way?

#42 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 12:44 AM

View PostCold Darkness, on 17 February 2016 - 03:27 AM, said:

and loads of development ressources funneled into its creation

So?

its rather easy to figure out that this isnt the case based on the style that posts are written.

Well, I don't know 4chan all that well, but your nigh-incomprehensible "style" along with your complete disregard for grammar and capitalization lead me to believe that you would fit in there splendidly.

did you EVER consider that you just might not be as good as some other people at this game?

Of course I'm not. Then again, the same holds true for everyone except the top "some" (say, five) people in the game, so this is a rather meaningless consideration.
I do have a hunch I might be better than you, though. At MWO.

it is beyond me how one can even suggest such a change and talk it of as a normal suggestion.

That is not a surprise, considering that you a.) are apparently unable to detect obvious bitter sarcasm and b.) are likewise apparently unable to keep track of who suggested what.

Edited by Koshirou, 22 February 2016 - 12:45 AM.

#43 Cold Darkness

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 290 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 03:14 AM

obvious bitterness? yes. obvious sarcasm? not so much. not when you repeat it in the same way in another post.

oh yes, i may actually have forgotten that there where multiple people in this topic. thats a big error on my part. however, the quote you used to show that was a very bad one. why? because as you obviously figured out allready, your suggestion is provoking the same sentence and the actual misdirected accusation was left out of the quote. good job.

yes, you may be better then i am in MWO. that would not suprise me actually, because i never stated anything else. so whats your point at bringing it up? oh yeah, because it is meaningless to do so, right?

this game is not charity. if adding to it is deemed non profitable, it would make sense to not do so. cutting out CW because "you felt like it" would make all those ressources spent on it a loss. thats plenty of reason to not add anything major to the game which will lead to the game not evolving anymore and thats usually not healthy for games meant to run for a long time.

interestingly, this thread is enough of a past-time to keep me replying to it. thats some great value right there. sadly, i am replying to someone that tries to discredit opposition with " oh, you only have a single post, you cannot possibly make a serious statement " and putting people into something that is not even a stereotype.

Edited by Cold Darkness, 23 February 2016 - 03:15 AM.

#44 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 04:44 AM

Lol
NO

If IS >300 tons
then
Clans >300 tons

Stop being such whiny little brats .
Play the game on equal tonnages to find out what´s what .
A week of gameplay from mostly average players is not what I count as "finding out what´s what" .

#45 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 23 February 2016 - 08:20 PM

I stepped away from this thread to let it play out a little, but it is clear the 'do anything to win' Clan players want to keep their extreme advantage over the Inner Sphere players. Regardless, lets go through the logic of how I came to 330 tons.

First, it is based on leaving the current clan tonnage alone. If this is dropped to a reasonable tonnage it would obviously require less IS tonnage to balance.

At the current 260 ton clan dropdeck, consider that every clan mech used in CW is better than ANY IS mech of the same weight. My estimate is that each clan mech was from 2.5 to 5 tons better prior to the IS Nerf/Clan Buff this month. Post Nerf/Buff this has risen from 5 to 7.5 tons.

So, straight away IS dropdeck tonnage should be raised 20 to 30 tons.

Now you have to take into account the gameplay aspects.
  • Clan UAC which are generally used with Macros so they never jam. This gives clan mechs the advantage brawling. 10 tons
  • Team Speed which allows clan mechs superior position when defending. 10 tons
  • Team Speed which allows clan mechs to take down gates and enter bases before IS mechs can set up gate defenses. 5 tons
  • *NEW* Clan Range Advantage that takes away the IS mech's ability to set up Defensive positions at range. 5 tons
  • *NEW* Clan Range Advantage that eliminates the ability to provide cover fire for slow and lumbering IS assault class advances. 5 tons
  • *NEW* Clan Range Advantage that ensures the few try hard, do anything to win, aimbot users have an even greater advantage since we cannot evade the aimbot with range. They are almost all clan players to min/max the best equipment. The only exception to this rule seems to be when aimbot users are forced to use IS mechs due to team faction changes. 2.5 tons
  • Competitive Players - more of the comp teams and players gravitate to the clan mechs because they offer the biggest advantages in actual combat. This further unbalances the game by forcing players who want to compete to abandon the weaker side. 2.5 tons
The clear tonnage advantage will allow bigger and better mechs to absorb more damage and deal enough damage to have a chance to win. It will also provide a reason for players to fight for the Inner Sphere while maintaining a table top like environment that allows for the clan mechs to be this superior while the Inner Sphere has more resources available.

Edited by MechregSurn, 23 February 2016 - 08:22 PM.

#46 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:10 PM

for Is i would love to bring 2 KGC, 1 mauler and 1 cicada

for clan i woulld love to bring 3 DW's and 1 kit fox :D

#47 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:14 PM

more tons the better, just keep it equal, because i love a good challenge

#48 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 18 March 2016 - 10:04 AM

sorry for resurrecting this thread after almost a month

View PostMechregSurn, on 23 February 2016 - 08:20 PM, said:

First, it is based on leaving the current clan tonnage alone. If this is dropped to a reasonable tonnage it would obviously require less IS tonnage to balance.

At the current 260 ton clan dropdeck, consider that every clan mech used in CW is better than ANY IS mech of the same weight. My estimate is that each clan mech was from 2.5 to 5 tons better prior to the IS Nerf/Clan Buff this month. Post Nerf/Buff this has risen from 5 to 7.5 tons.

So, straight away IS dropdeck tonnage should be raised 20 to 30 tons.

except that is wrong, I could do a detailed breakdown but in most tonnages there is an Inner Sphere Mech which is equil in combat effectiveness to the Clan Mech, it may not have exactly the same capabilities but there is something at least comparable, here are a few examples taking some of the top Clan Mechs,

30 tons, Arctic Cheetah v Spider is a fair fight, the Spiders superior speed, agility, durability and jump capabilities make up for the ACHs superior firepower.

55 tons Stormcrow vs Griffin, yes the SCR is more versatile but the Griffin can take just as much punishment, and has a far superior torso twist range and the added advantage of Jumpjets, ultimately the SCR will probably win but that would be close.

65 tons, Helbringer and Ebon Jag vs Thunderbolt and Jagermech, the HBR brings the advantage of ECM, the Ebon JAG has more versatility, but everything the Ebon Jag can do can be done better with ether a TDR of JM6, again both sides equal

75 ton, TBR vs MAD, again the Timber is more versatile but the MAD can carry as much firepower and is far more durable, several times I have fought duels MAD or WHM vs TBR, I have yet to loose, I am borderline t4/t5 so it is unlikely I am a far better player than my opponents.

Now you have to take into account the gameplay aspects.
  • Clan UAC which are generally used with Macros so they never jam. This gives clan mechs the advantage brawling. 10 tons

Seriously? IS ACs are widely considered to be far superior to Clan ACs, despite the fact that the Clan models are lighter and if people use macros to make sure the Clan UACs do not jam that is exactly the same as holding down the fire button, as if you do not double tap the mouse there is no chance of jamming on any UAC weather clan or IS, so a macro is absolutely no help in that regard.

• Team Speed which allows clan mechs superior position when defending. 10 tons
  • Team Speed which allows clan mechs to take down gates and enter bases before IS mechs can set up gate defenses. 5 tons

Do you seriously think 3.5KPH higher max possible top speed is worth 15 tons?

• *NEW* Clan Range Advantage that takes away the IS mech's ability to set up Defensive positions at range. 5 tons
  • *NEW* Clan Range Advantage that eliminates the ability to provide cover fire for slow and lumbering IS assault class advances. 5 tons
  • *NEW* Clan Range Advantage that ensures the few try hard, do anything to win, aimbot users have an even greater advantage since we cannot evade the aimbot with range. They are almost all clan players to min/max the best equipment. The only exception to this rule seems to be when aimbot users are forced to use IS mechs due to team faction changes. 2.5 tons

you do realize that Clan laser ranges were seriously reduced a few months ago right? is 130m 0m (forgot to take quirks into account, an IS ERLL with 10% range quirks is exactly the same max range as Clan ERLL) max range realy worth 12.5 tons, especially considering on most maps you will rarely be firing at anywhere near that range

• Competitive Players - more of the comp teams and players gravitate to the clan mechs because they offer the biggest advantages in actual combat. This further unbalances the game by forcing players who want to compete to abandon the weaker side. 2.5 tons

most comp teams seem to change faction based upon which has the newest Mech, not the most powerful Mechs, that is why they are mostly ether IS or Clan, it seems to have little to do with Clan/IS relative strength, although I could be wrong. the number of comp teams on a faction is a huge factor in the factions success or lack thereof

The clear tonnage advantage will allow bigger and better mechs to absorb more damage and deal enough damage to have a chance to win. It will also provide a reason for players to fight for the Inner Sphere while maintaining a table top like environment that allows for the clan mechs to be this superior while the Inner Sphere has more resources available.

I take issue with "bigger and better" heavies are generally superior to assaults, you are welcome to your opinion but I suspect many people disagree.

also Clan Mechs are not superior, the Stormcrow is probably the best Medium and the Timber is the most versatile heavy, beyond that Clan and IS are roughly equal in my opinion.

sorry, I mean no offense but while I partly agree with the point about comp players being a huge factor that is literally the only point I even partially consider vaguely accurate, you are of course entitled to your opinion but to me, someone who takes 2 week contracts Clan and IS, your opinion seems ridiculous

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 18 March 2016 - 10:37 AM.

#49 DropshipPilot

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 08:20 AM

When does the IS get balance back with a tonnage advantage? Fw is insanely biases toward clan at the moment in both scouting and invasion.

Hey look someone hid this topic...lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users