40 replies to this topic

#21 Strikhedonia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 257 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

My husband has the G13 and he loves it. I prefer the Razer Nostromo as it's more comfortable for my hand.

#22 bad frog

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Locationsomewhere on the coast of Maine

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:40 PM

has anyone got a profile for this that they can share?

#23 Clovus

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:24 PM

I have one, it is great. I would buy it again and recommend it to others.

#24 Cid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:40 PM

View PostVichus, on 17 July 2012 - 01:16 PM, said:

The logitech joystick is fully analog and can be mapped as a joystick. You can only map it to 4 keys, which is why I think some of you think it is only 4 directional. I find the g13 superior to wasd on the keyboard because you can use your thumb for movement and have all your other fingers free to activate keys.

this.

i have both, the Belkin N52 and the G13 and i prefer the G13, thumbstick can be set to analog and is a lot smoother to operate for me.
on top of that, you can use custom lcd layouts and extra programms that will display additional info.
the macro software is also quick and easy to use.
at first, i was thinking mouse and joystick lefthand, but as i am used to the G13 i will use the analog thumbstick as my joystick and can still easily reach all the additional buttons i might need with the other 4 fingers on my lefthand.

to make it short, i can only recommend the G13.

#25 silentD11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 816 posts
  • LocationWashington DC

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:27 AM

Keep in mind that logitech doesn't make anything with mechanical buttons, so it's all hugely fail.

#26 Mixtus

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:21 PM

The logitech joystick is fully analog and can be mapped as a joystick...

Yes. Its Analog. And can be used to precise control of throttle/speed and (for example) torso twist, "wasd" that can be mapped to gamepad as well.

Easy to program for "normal" players. (as exaple weapon chaining with delays).
Even more great for programmers, can be programmed with LUA to avoid "macros and AHK is forbidden" type of problems.

I have couple of good PC at home. One with G510 keyboard, and second with G13 controller. Beacuse i play in beta (yes! i can say that now ;) ) and my wife finally trashed diablo 3, I moved to computer with G13. Great for any game. Even better for MW:O

The logitech joystick is fully analog and can be mapped as a joystick...

Yes. Its Analog. And can be used to precise control of throttle/speed and (for example) torso twist, "wasd" that can be mapped to gamepad as well.

Easy to program for "normal" players. (as exaple weapon chaining with delays).
Even more great for programmers, can be programmed with LUA to avoid "macros and AHK is forbidden" type of problems.

I have couple of good PC at home. One with G510 keyboard, and second with G13 controller. Beacuse i play in beta (yes! i can say that now :( ) and my wife finally trashed diablo 3, I moved to computer with G13. Great for any game. Even better for MW:O

#27 anachlores

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:31 PM

I managed to grab a g13 about 2 years ago when frys had them for $29 limit 2. My biggest regret in regards to gaming is that I didn't buy the second one. That being said, over time, the keys do get sticky and the depth of the key tray collects lots of crud. I've noticed that during some heated gaming sessions, the keys get stuck in the activated position until you pull the USB cable or bang it against the desk a bit. First time it happened I ended up walking sideways for about 2 minutes trying to avoid getting shot the whole while.

The analog hat stick is the real reason why I would get it over whatever razer and belkin offer. Even when not used as a joystick, the ability to give it a quick flick, which I can do faster than I can press a button, allows for some pretty good twitch-gaming moments.

The software is a major problem, ecspecially the newer version that is supposed to be for all of logitech's hardware. You knwo what they say about things that are designed to do everything equally poorly... Get the older mapping software and things are mostly good, but sometimes profiles still get duplicated or deleted during sync back and forth if you use it on more than one rig regularly. I have a backup folder of the profiles because having a layout deleted after you have the layout muscle memorized is a pain.

Edited by anachlores, 01 August 2012 - 01:33 PM.

#28 Baron Zen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 371 posts
  • LocationVenice (Italy)

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:42 AM

Hello there, i have a logitech G13 too and i planned to use it in MWO but i am facing a problem: seems the game doesn't recognize when i set WASD on the stick, with it i can only throttle left and right, but forward and back don't work, meantime if i set the stick as joystick it works fine (it does like a mouse: move the visual), can you help me for to program the stick as WASD controller? Thank you very much :).

EDIT: problem solved, was sufficent to reboot the pc and set the logitech software to start with windows 7 ^^.

Edited by Clownsanity, 06 August 2012 - 09:42 AM.

#29 DerDoktor

• Pip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 13 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:28 PM

I bought my G13 for my notebook but like it so much, that it replaced my G15 on my main PC.
Ergonomic is great, far better than any normal layout and every key is customizable.

#30 G0dsp33d

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:59 PM

I've had my G13 for at least 3 years now. I love it. Mostly played MW2 and 3, but its working pretty well for MWO. I also have a G110 keyboard, but never use the special functions except illumination. I should mention also that I am left handed. I think that makes it even better for me.

Edited by G0dsp33d, 08 August 2012 - 08:10 PM.

#31 bad frog

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Locationsomewhere on the coast of Maine

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:10 AM

have any of you a profile for MWO on the G13 you can share?

#32 Dr Killinger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg, South Africa

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:34 AM

View PostLightdragon, on 14 July 2012 - 01:12 PM, said:

just get a g-15 and be done with itkeyboards are far superior to those sawed off gameboards

I have yet to see a keyboard with a built-in analog joystick.

View PostsilentD11, on 13 July 2012 - 06:43 AM, said:

Wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole, it lacks mechanical keys. Get a good mechanical keyboard and call it a day.

View PostsilentD11, on 23 July 2012 - 11:27 AM, said:

Keep in mind that logitech doesn't make anything with mechanical buttons, so it's all hugely fail.

To discount mechanical keys as so vastly inferior is to discount 95% of gamers worldwide, and I bet half of them would kick any of our butts. Mechanical keys are great and all, but it won't make you a better player. They're great for typing on though. I use a mechnical keyboard at work, because I type a lot of code there, and my boss bought it for me. But I have a regular dome keyboard at home- because my average Microsoft keyboard does exactly what a mechanical keyboard can do in any game, and I'd rather use that money to pay off my car and buy precious beer.

Edited by Dr Killinger, 09 August 2012 - 09:36 AM.

#33 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:38 AM

hi guys...

i'm new - it's my 1st post / just found out about founder's package yesterday and i quickly got it...

anyway - g13 is very good... there are very little gameboards in the market and the g13 is top of its class / performance & build quality...

i use a mechanical keyboard (filco majestouch2 mx blue)at work -- so i know what i'm talking about when i say that the tactile response of the g13 is as close you can get to a mechanical switch (on rubber dome keys)...

i'm typing this now on a g19 - whose tactile response is worse than the g13...

anyway reason i posted is whether anybody has come up with a mwo g13 template... if not then i'm going to make my own... but its a waste of time if somebody made one already...

#34 Gunghoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • LocationThe Swayback with 9 Medium lazers, brawling like the beast. Over past that valcano!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:07 PM

View PostHavoc3D, on 14 July 2012 - 09:45 AM, said:

I have the G13 and really like it. I'm left handed and finding a game pad for the right hand is a little tough. I can't really use the analogue stick on it, but it's not a huge loss. The stick is just WADS, not an actual analogue stick; sort of an odd design choice.

The quick on-the-fly macros are the big win on it for me. Rather than remap the game I find it easier to remap the game's profile on the fly with the G13.

I still need to try G13 on the left and joystick on the right, as I think that would be optimal for mechwarrior for me. Don't have anywhere to put the joystick on the right, though. Think I might have to look into one of those mini-desks for laptops to put my joystick on.

If you have it go to the software and click on it and then click on assign joystick, there you go an analogue joystick

#35 Bloodshed Romance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 726 posts
  • LocationFlorence, South Carolina

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:00 PM

View PostJerot, on 14 July 2012 - 10:23 AM, said:

I used to swear by my G19 for the longest time, until I noticed how unreliable its response time gets. It wouldn't really affect a game like MWO in any noticeable way, but after having owned one for two years it started lagging behind when playing rhythm games that had really tight timing windows (2-30ms) and other precise things I needed it to do. These days I run a Razer Black Widow Ultimate and Mamba 4G, still has great macro/quick macro keys and the response time is phenomenal.(Not to mention its 10,000x easier to clean)

And the screen never really got used after the first week of owning it, interesting, but gimmicky. I don't look down at my keyboard that often.

for the G19 users, http://en.wikipedia....ki/Logitech_G19, this has a lot of good applets for the full color screen
I use my g19 for MSI Afterburner to make sure my graphics card isn't overheating..
I also use Mariuz a LOT because its a Winamp player that I can do searches/see the playlist.. etc with it..
Falnet.de is good aswell, they have a really good TS3 app ($20 to use it after the trial.. but gains pro access to future applets, yes.. they are still developing aswell).
a really fun one is the VLC media player, you can watch downloaded shows on the G19 display with GREAT frames.. I watched Gundam 00 on my G19 and it was amazing... yeah.. its a small screen.. but you can play games while its on..

#36 Durkan

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 29 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

+1 for G13 I've got that and a sidewinder x4 keyboard and almost exclusively use the G13 for all games. (have done for over a year).

I had the original nostromo and a strat commander (remember those) and the G13 is the first one I've had that just works. Software is easy to use.

It's hugely programmable - if you want. 3 modes change functions of all the keys (if you can memorise them all you're doing better than me.

Downsides?

The joystick is analogue but I find it hopeless for accurately doing anything with. For MWOL I have it set as simple buttons - not to wasd but for zoom heat and thermal vision.

I've had some odd shennigans with the software becoming corrupted and needing a reinstall - dont lose profiles its just a bit annoying (known bug that logitech haven't fixed.

The screen is kind of handy but is generally well out of line of sight unlike the keyboard mounted ones.

Would I buy another..... absolutely.

I've not posted my profile because tbh it's so trivial. not that dissimilar from the generic setting tbh.

#37 JoolNoret

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 68 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

I have been using a G13 for a few years. I got it for WoW and mapped all my action bars to it and use the joystick for moving. I use the G13 for most of the games I play to varying degrees. As far as MWO I have the joystick set to A and D with R mapped to the stick press. The two buttons near the stick are my full stop and center torso. The top two rows are all W and S respectively and the outer buttons on the bottom row are my override and power toggles. Basically I use the G13 for all movement. Everything else is mapped to my Razer Naga mouse. My G15 keyboard sits pretty well out of the way. I very rarely use the lcd screens on either "G" board.

#38 Takano

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:56 AM

I can't play anything without my G13. I am completely attached to it. Here's my Mechwarrior profile if you're interested:
https://www.box.com/...1uls9475k0y47aj

#39 Hellish

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

I have a G15 and I love it

http://cloudfront.om..._1275514509.jpg

still have not seen a better keyboard

#40 MayGay

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor