Pirate's Bane Machine Gun Muzzle Flash

4 replies to this topic

#1 SOIMiMozO

• Pip
  • Fire
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 09:22 AM

Hey! About the machine gun muzzle flash obstructing the view on pirate's bane mech.
I remember a couple of years ago someone from PGI said they'll look into this.
Well, since the problem is still unsloved, I may say that this is one of the longest looks I ever seen.
Can we get something done with it already?
I mean Locust is not the best mech around when it comes to cockpit view, and with muzzle flash blocking what's left of it, it is just an insult added to injury. It's impossible to keep your fire on a freaking Atlas, let alone concentrate it on some weak spot.
Either flash should be less of a obstruction, or those ballistics hardpoints need to be moved somewhere. But not on arms, since the lack of tonnage doesn't allow you to have both: spare armor points for arms and ammunition for ballistics.

#2 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 14 February 2016 - 09:57 AM

Its amusing. Yeah I can see your problem and perhaps a bit of a tone down is in order. Really it's a fun feature. You don't really need to aim with Cone fire MG's anyhow. Just point at the red target outline and - presto! - MG Cone Fire of Love. (Or simply chain fire until PGI comes around to adjusting it. (I doubt with the current Roadmap it will be addressed soon.)

Look how long it took to address flamers...

#3 Roughneck Cobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 462 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 14 February 2016 - 10:00 AM

Look how long it takes PGI address anything, ever, that doesnt give them $$$

#4 SOIMiMozO

• Pip
  • Fire
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 11:10 AM

View Postrolly, on 14 February 2016 - 09:57 AM, said:

Its amusing. Yeah I can see your problem and perhaps a bit of a tone down is in order. Really it's a fun feature. You don't really need to aim with Cone fire MG's anyhow. Just point at the red target outline and - presto! - MG Cone Fire of Love. (Or simply chain fire until PGI comes around to adjusting it. (I doubt with the current Roadmap it will be addressed soon.)

Cone Fire suck like nothing, yeah. But it's not only about MGs themselves this time.
I really would want to pinpoint my laser fire while dancing around. But with MGs on, I hardly see the target box.

View Postrolly, on 14 February 2016 - 09:57 AM, said:

Look how long it took to address flamers...

I was hoping 18 months would be enough... Maybe...

#5 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 14 February 2016 - 11:51 AM

Silly thing is, surely quality control picked up on this when they tested it before release, it was tested..right ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users