26 replies to this topic

#21 DoubleFlip

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 87 posts
  • LocationUnder a hail of LRM fire.

Posted 21 February 2016 - 03:05 AM

View PostKimberm1911, on 20 February 2016 - 03:52 PM, said:

Urbies are OP, so don't feel bad (sarcasm). It could have also been a lucky shot. Getting hit by an AC 10 in a light mech is very bad. It doesn't really matter where you got hit either because all your components are important, especially your legs. I don't pilot light mechs, because they are gross, but from what I've heard they are the most difficult weight class to pilot. They are terribly unforgiving, and take a while to master. Lights also suffer from, "no real incentive to play them syndrome." While I guess some people may enjoy running around at 100+ KPH taking pot shots at people, I don't, and since light mechs aren't going to bank me as many C-bills as my assault mechs, (assault mechs are the most glorious mechs in game.) I don't have any reason to bother with them.

View Post3xnihilo, on 20 February 2016 - 04:53 PM, said:

In all actuality the 360deg torso rotation on the urbanmech makes it a good light killer since you can't circle them and get out of their line of fire. So, don't feel bad. Posted Image

Well we were losing and a direwolf was flanking some mech wich was far on our side shooting so i went with him, turned out to be the urbie. Dire misses all his shots, i go after the urbie getting some solid hits on the back armor, stripping it, after that it went south for me. Dire couldn't keep up, 1v1 urbie getting solid AC/10 hits on me and then its team rolled in and was game over :L

#22 process

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:55 AM

Keep at it!

#23 DoubleFlip

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 11:47 AM

View Postprocess, on 22 February 2016 - 09:55 AM, said:

Keep at it!

Kinda gave up on lights, probaly gone sell my SHD-5M and 2D to make place for another line of medium but idk wich yet. Possibly BJ's

#24 Fox With A Shotgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 02:26 PM

View PostDoubleFlip, on 22 February 2016 - 11:47 AM, said:

Kinda gave up on lights, probaly gone sell my SHD-5M and 2D to make place for another line of medium but idk wich yet. Possibly BJ's

Well, if you ever get your hands on the Oxide, or the JR7-IIC...

4 SRM4 oxide or 6 SRM6 Jenner.

Get behind your opponent and watch their rear CT melt. Or target a side torso and watch that explode in 4 seconds flat.

#25 3xnihilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 22 February 2016 - 02:45 PM

View PostDoubleFlip, on 22 February 2016 - 11:47 AM, said:

Blackjacks are a great chassis, you will like them a lot. I would recommend not selling your other mechs though. You can take out a couple short term contracts and earn extra mechbays in CW or just buy them outright. But you never know when a new quirk pass is going to make that old clunker the next new shiny thing.

#26 DoubleFlip

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 02:15 AM

View PostFox With A Shotgun, on 22 February 2016 - 02:26 PM, said:

Well, if you ever get your hands on the Oxide, or the JR7-IIC...

4 SRM4 oxide or 6 SRM6 Jenner.

Get behind your opponent and watch their rear CT melt. Or target a side torso and watch that explode in 4 seconds flat.

I'm actually getting good results with my SHD-2D2 (only SHD i really like). 4SRM4 + AC/10 brawler, sick damage. They never expect a SHD with that amount of firepower. Often win straight up duels with heavy's and sometimes even the assaults. Heavier weight classes often back off. Mostly 350-700 or more damage. (300-350 mostly when i screw up and have to duel a heavy or so that creeped up on me. Mostly take him down with me or leave him with crippling damage). Love it.

View Post3xnihilo, on 22 February 2016 - 02:45 PM, said:

Blackjacks are a great chassis, you will like them a lot. I would recommend not selling your other mechs though. You can take out a couple short term contracts and earn extra mechbays in CW or just buy them outright. But you never know when a new quirk pass is going to make that old clunker the next new shiny thing.

Ok, good advice. I have tried CW before but 90% of the matches are randoms vs a full unit. Never won, mostly get like 400-600damage over 4mechs lifespan... I'm like halfway to lv2 now for that mechbay. Also been hoarding mc on evry chance i get with the challenges. Got 200 now, 100more and another 2mechbays for me =3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users