Leaderboard Score Misleading?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Maelware

• Pip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 10:55 PM

So mathing things out the formula given buy pgi does not explain the scoring system very well.
here is what i worked out:

Solo kills Max: 360 pts (12 x 30)
KMMD: 240 pts (12 x 20)
KB/Assist: 120 pts (12*10) as they award same point and mutually exclusive can be grouped
WIN / LOSS : 10 pts? this isnt well explained, is it the points awarded in the match or just a flat 10
Survive / death: 10 pts? same a win loss isn't explained
Damage: 1000 dam = 67 pts .

Now with scores over 3500, win / loss and live / die have to be adding a huge amount, or they are using some other formula to apply set values to certain events, example : kmdd, solo kill before they input them into the formula.

It would also be nice to know if different game modes award more or less for a win, as it seems with a reasonable max of 790 pts available for match performance.

This would be very useful to know as certain events awarding more than others.

#2 Aeon Veritas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 113 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 February 2016 - 01:29 AM

Rifleman Leaderboard and Challenge Event

•Only your best 10 matches over the course of the event will be counted toward the Leaderboard.
•Score Formula: (Solo Kill x 30) + (Kill Most Damage x 20) + (Killing Blow x 10) + ( Kill Assist x 10) + (Win × 10) + (Loss × 5) + (Survive × 10) + (Dead × 5) + ((Damage done - Team Damage) ÷ 15)
According to those conditions and the 1000 damage done you assumed you could get 807 Points per match.
The best 10 matches are summed up.

#3 Kyynele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 973 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 05:21 PM

A score of 3500 in the tournament would mean the player's 10 best matches averaged 350 points.

So, something like 3 solo kills, 4 most damage done, 10 kills/assists, win, survive and 900+ damage. 10 times.

#4 Taelshin

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 01:58 AM

Sorry to necro this thread. I am a little confused about the whole leader board system. When you sign into the forums, you can see a list of all your games played that are relevant to the tournament taking place. On that list, it shows you match scores. I assumed those match scores were gotten via the "score formula". How ever it seems they are not, Could someone possibly confirm or deny this for me?

#5 Raubwurst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 September 2016 - 03:48 AM

No, the shown "Match Score" is not the score calculated by the formula, but the "normal" score you see on the end-of-round-screen Ingame. This score is calculated differently and thus cannot be used to measure your actual points gotten for the leaderboard event.

#6 Taelshin

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 04:02 AM

Ahh okay, thanks for the speedy reply, I understand.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users