#21 Red Shrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,042 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:57 AM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 18 June 2016 - 03:29 PM, said:

Flea the Wiesel 1 of this game. The mech that should die in 1 hit no matter what, but is alot stronger then it should be.

Playing Armored Warfare I take it?

The whole Flea thing reminds me of the B-29 in War Thunder. They had it ready to go since 2012 but didn't add it until 2015 because they felt it had no place in WT unless a counterpart could be found. Eventually higher management overruled that decision and forced them to add it to the game.

Sadly, there's no higher management here that can or would overrule the decision to hold the Flea back. Still, I really really really want the Flea.

Edited by Red Shrike, 19 June 2016 - 02:58 AM.

#22 Mr Flag

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 03:14 AM

The upcoming patch will reduce the locust to a flee in mech-scale, thats a good start! >:D

#23 Dr Hobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 530 posts
  • LocationA cardboard box drinkin mah hooch.

Posted 24 June 2016 - 03:38 PM

Another mech to make assaults rage with salty tears?

With flamer throwers and machine guns and a small pulse laser?

Sign me up!

I'll take 20.

#24 Requiemking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 24 June 2016 - 04:33 PM

So, after checking out the Flea's Sarna article, I conclude that it could have a max engine rating of 170, with the stock engine being a 120. The only variant to mount MASC (the apparent reason for the current lack of the Flea) is the FLE-17. With Fire Ant as it's hero, it could be a good contender for the Locust.

#25 April Showers

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 07:51 AM

flea, stinger, wasp, koshi, sling, thorn. MORE LIGHTS.

#26 Rock Roller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 310 posts
  • LocationPacific North West USA

Posted 09 August 2016 - 10:09 AM

All new lights welcome.

#27 Mad Dog Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 489 posts
  • LocationOutlaw On The Run, Faster than a Stolen Gun

Posted 09 August 2016 - 02:12 PM

This will be the first year of MWO that a new light mech wasn't scheduled for release.

#28 Crow Splat

• PipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 06:03 AM

We really need a fix to the whole top speed thing. I want Mah Fireball and Icestorm......

#29 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 22 August 2016 - 03:05 PM

View PostApril Showers, on 03 August 2016 - 07:51 AM, said:

flea, stinger, wasp, koshi, sling, thorn. MORE LIGHTS.

So agree, much yes!

#30 Red Shrike

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,042 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 10 September 2016 - 01:49 PM

Still no Flea...

#31 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 10 September 2016 - 04:00 PM

Still waiting on the Flea and would still love to see it in game. There was even a fan rendering of it done on these forums by someone who is now employed by PGI . . . so basically the work's already been done.

Also, there's zero reason for not having it in game. Speed is not an issue anymore, that's basically a myth at this point. The first time PGI did a round of hit registration fixes, they were able to up the max speed from ~150 to ~170 with no problem. There have been two major rounds of hit registration fixes, since then. To say that they couldn't up the speed cap from ~170 to ~190 seems a bit absurd to me. Even Russ himself stated in Town Halls that he's only really scared of breaking that 200kph barrier the last time it was brought up . . . speeds higher than that are what start to make Hit Registration wonky, even with their current fixes.

The Flea and Dasher/Fire Moth would only barely hit the 190 kph range with the way our MASC is set up in MWO. We don't get "Double Walk Speed" or a 50% boost to top speed with our MASC, which means no 216kph Dasher or Flea. The MASC Mk I grants a mere 10% boost. That'd take the Dasher with a base top speed of 162 kph to 178 kph with MASC and just at ~191.5 with Speed Tweak and MASC. All with a Fixed 200 rating engine. A Flea with a max 180 or 190 will have lower numbers still.

Conveniently such a max speed boost would allow certain mechs, like the super-speed-demon Locust, to have higher max base engine ratings since they're not MASC capable, with the variants we have.

Anyway, we're also supposed to be seeing a rework of the skill tree by "MechCon" in December. If Speed Tweak goes away (it really should), or is limited to only certain chassis, then the numbers would become more manageable, still. The list of reasons the Flea isn't in the game grow smaller and smaller . . . but really they went away the second we saw PGI's implementation of MASC, since it nixed the concept of 220kph+ lights (302kph Locust LCT-6M and 400kph Fireball XF are prime examples of the most extreme end of the scale) with out current (and possible) mech variants and engine limitations.

At this point it shouldn't be a matter of "if" but a matter of "when".

Edited by Sereglach, 10 September 2016 - 04:12 PM.

#32 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 02 October 2016 - 05:22 AM

Yup.

Imagine a teams of Fire moths, Fleas, Locusts etc. Would be quite the spectacle. NASCAR would indeed get a new meaning.
NASCAR with legs!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users