Capture/convert Enemy Mechs To Your Faction.

4 replies to this topic

Poll: Capture / Convert Enemy Mech? (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to capture an enemy mech?

1. Yes ~ Here is how ___. (5 votes [62.50%])

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

2. No ~ Why not? (3 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

3. Well ... Let me explain. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Jiyu Mononoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 251 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 10:24 AM

I think it would be fun to have a way to “Capture” or convert a clan mech to inner sphere ownership (and visa-versa). Maybe via MC upgrade, or earning a hanging item that converts one mech, or through some sort of kill-count system to earn the conversion: Kill 100 timber wolves, and you earn 1 hanging item that converts one TBR to IS via a medallion . Hmmm… what do you think? How would you do it?

- I am an inner sphere guy, Kurita to be exact, save for short times where my unit is gathering alt loyalty point. I only have one clan mech, a Mad Cat (Timber Wolf –S ), and it’s my favorite mech in my collection. It’s omipods make it extremely versatile, easily customizable, and very flexible… but it’s a clan mech, so I can’t take it into CW, and in theory, it would be excluded from certain future events/features etc. I have it painted in black and red, Kurita colors, looks like a butcher splashed in blood, and the cockpit adorned with my favorite trinkets, including my Kurita Loyalty Medallion. It’s as close to making it a captured mech as I can get. I am sure that I am not alone in this, I presume there are other IS peeps who have a captured a clan mech they like, and probably some clanners out there that have an IS mech that might be one of their favorite machines… they should have a way to “own it” too right?

- So, what methods would you suggest in order to convert a mech from clan to IS, or IS to clan. Is this something you would like to see in the game? How should we do it? – I’d enjoy exchanging ideas, maybe PGI will notice if the topic is supported Posted Image

Freebrth.

Posted Image

Edited by Freebrth, 03 April 2016 - 09:20 AM.

#2 Mole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 24 February 2016 - 06:41 PM

I would love this. A person should have the ability to choose one captured/salvaged mech for their drop deck at a time. Just one. I don't want to see IS players dropping with a full Clan deck or vice versa. The person should have the ability to change which mech is their "captured" mech whenever they feel like they want to. I like your cockpit item idea, and I feel like it should only be available for MC. Then PGI could make a little cash off of the deal and it's something that a lot of people would buy. I'm a Kuritan like you, and I do the same to my clan mechs. I paint them Kurita colors and adorn them with Kurita cockpit items when I play them. I've always wished that I could bring a clan mech into CW without actually having to leave my unit, but was always faced with the fact that if we did so, clan vs. IS balance would no longer matter at all since anyone could just bring whatever they wanted. But if we just made it to where the player could name one and only one captured mech at a time, that seems like it would be okay.

#3 Jiyu Mononoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 251 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 09:18 AM

Updated to add a vote system - please vote even if you don't reply :) Thank you.

Mole, I agree that it should be only one.
- maybe make it so you have to kill "X" amount of the specific cassis you want before you can unlock and mc-purchase the capture option, once converted, it should be permanently locked to that one mech.... hmmmm (thinking if I like that or not).

Edited by Freebrth, 03 April 2016 - 09:24 AM.

#4 Mole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 06 April 2016 - 02:32 PM

View PostFreebrth, on 03 April 2016 - 09:18 AM, said:

Updated to add a vote system - please vote even if you don't reply Posted Image Thank you.

Mole, I agree that it should be only one.
- maybe make it so you have to kill "X" amount of the specific cassis you want before you can unlock and mc-purchase the capture option, once converted, it should be permanently locked to that one mech.... hmmmm (thinking if I like that or not).
No, I don't like that permanently locked thing. I feel like if I wish to do so I should be able to change which 'mech is my 'salvaged' 'mech. I like the idea though of unlocking some kind of achievement with a certain chassis to be able to use it cross-faction. Though it shouldn't be something like "kill X amount of certain chassis" because if that were the case, let's face it, some 'mechs would be impossible to unlock because just nobody plays them. Perhaps inflict a certain amount of damage with said chassis?

#5 Jiyu Mononoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 251 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:28 PM

Ya, still not sure if I like "locking" it or not. After thinking about it more, I do like the "kill to assemble" where you have to collect stuff via salvage. But then, they'd have to have a better salvage mechanic to start with Posted Image

Edited by Freebrth, 25 May 2016 - 08:29 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users