#21 Joe Decker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 685 posts
  • LocationTeutoburger Forest, Lower Saxony

Posted 31 March 2016 - 11:02 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 27 February 2016 - 05:47 PM, said:

Davion is the Southern FRR. Beset by numerous enemies and no real allies, just people more or less likely to attack.

Ehrm - I would not say that Marik is necessary your Enemy - about Kurita and Liao - yes, no Question. But that Thing with Marik you started in CW Beta 1 and whenever we turn our Back on Davion you grab Planets, so we have to come back to fight for them. I mean I like the Battles against Davion, you are good Sportsmen - but we are not necessarily seeking a Fight with you Guys. At least that is how I see it. Some People say it is bad for Business not to have some Skirmishes with Davion, but I think we should move on and face some other Enemies sometimes.

#22 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 March 2016 - 11:20 PM

View PostGI Journalist, on 27 February 2016 - 09:27 PM, said:

Thanks for confirming that CW is still broken, and gives players no real reason to participate in a way that forms matches between live opponents, since only attacks are rewarded.

I guess we'll see you again on the Liao border if and when PGI changes this system to something that encourages units to both attack and defend. See you then.

Thanks for confirming once again that you have absolutely no grasp of CW or of tactics.

Of course units get "rewarded" for defending their own worlds (A successful defense nets your unit tag if you had the most successful defense drops and the world is kept).

However, as a faction it is useless to only defend your borders. That was only 2 things can happen. You keep a planet or you loose a planet.
If you spread out between defense and attack, then 1 more option is added after a successful attack: You take a new world and simultaneously more of your own planets are safe from attack due to the border shifting away from them.

The saying "The best defense is a good offense" would not be so well known if it were not true.

#23 Cataclysm315

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 217 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 01 April 2016 - 05:41 AM

Surely this means that if no one ever defends then no one can claim our planets? I was always under the impression that if no one defended in time then the other team netted a victory by default?

#24 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 01 April 2016 - 06:08 AM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 23 March 2016 - 07:06 PM, said:

Definition of Insanity - repeating the same action and expecting a different result

No it's not, ouch! No it's not, ouch! No it's not, ouch!

Look I'm not insane and I have the certificate to prove it..... eventually this wall WILL get out of my way......

View PostDevlinCognito, on 28 February 2016 - 06:51 AM, said:

It's organisation that is overpowered, ALL Factions need to start trying to organise their puggles, or at least point them in the right direction.

You'll never organise me, the wife has been trying for years ;) As for direction, is that not "head down, arse up. CHARGE!!!" ????

That's our usual tactical concession..... :D

Edited by xX PUG Xx, 01 April 2016 - 06:09 AM.

#25 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 01 April 2016 - 07:48 AM

Quiet you! Don't give my secrets away!

#26 SeaFireliv

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 18 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain

Posted 06 May 2016 - 06:22 PM

What`s a pug?
Yea, new recruit here.

#27 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:03 PM

View PostSeaFireliv, on 06 May 2016 - 06:22 PM, said:

What`s a pug?
Yea, new recruit here.

I have noticed you posting on several of today's Davion-related posts...

I highly recommend you install Teamspeak3 if you haven't already and head on over to the Davion Teamspeak and meet up with the nice, helpful guys of HHoD (North America and general European), C4 or any number of other fine units and they will be quite helpful in answering your questions, like;

"Should I like Space Arby's?"

"Where is the nearest Space Arby's?"

"How do we get Space Bacon supplied to our Space Arby's?" (I'll answer this one; from Marik)

... and any other slightly less important questions you may have.

Warning: Side effects of hanging out on the Davion teamspeak include: Hankerings for Arby's, fabulous hair, etc.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users