Patch Notes - 1.4.59 - 15-Mar-2016

220 replies to this topic

#41 Frytrixa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 12:05 AM

KingCrab Camo anyone? 'cmon guys its not that hard to create!

Posted Image

Edited by Frytrixa, 12 March 2016 - 12:06 AM.

#42 MechWarrior4023212

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 367 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 12 March 2016 - 12:16 AM

View PostKshat, on 11 March 2016 - 11:49 PM, said:

You're free to buy a Clan package or that mech a la carte. You might miss out on some prem time, but that should be all. Instead you're given some colours and stuff.

This concept doesn't apply to many of the older IS mechs, since they haven't been released as a pack - or their pack isn't available any more.

@patch: I heard people mumbling about a credit system for AMS-usage - did I miss that point in the patchnotes?

The colours are for buying before a date, so I don't think you get them either.

Hero/ champion have increased C bills don't they?

I did not see that about the AMS either.

#43 kka

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 12 March 2016 - 12:27 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 11 March 2016 - 04:58 PM, said:

• All Capture Points now begin as Neutral; there is no 'team base' Capture Point.
• A Conquest Victory can no longer be achieved simply by destroying the enemy.

I am worried about the conquest changes. I think they will only SLOW THE GAME down.

I know that many disagree, but I want my Quick matches more like Quake (small maps, quick engagement, fast paced game, ends fast). I think CW is for big maps, strategy etc..

#44 Desintegrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 March 2016 - 12:43 AM

Nice patch PGI !

And don't care about the patch size. I just downloaded TESO from Steam with 30 GB size, before I knew that the files were corrupt. Then I downloaded 30 GB again, because the game doesn't work - after that the game still doesn't work....

So who cares about 7 GB !? -> no one...

Applause for the 2K textures on the Mechs - GREAT !
But I would also like to have 2K textures on objects, terrain and the maps in general !

So this would be fantastic !!
Maybe we would see this within 2016.

Penalties for team killing are also great. But I would to see an increase of the penalty !
Who cares about 10000 cbills ??
...when I get 250.000 cbills at the end of the match, I'll get 240.000 cbills instead - that's also OK.

I would like to see an increase of the penalty for a team kill to 50.000 cbills !
I know that this is not possible, but at least 25.000 cbills should be an appropriate penalty !

Edited by Desintegrator, 12 March 2016 - 12:46 AM.

#45 -Skyrider-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 157 posts
  • Locationall about that Seattle life

Posted 12 March 2016 - 12:49 AM

Has the marauder hitboxs been fixed yet??

#46 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 12 March 2016 - 01:35 AM

Looks like a lot of advances in game tweaks coming, team damage penalty is a bit tough but sure, lets try it.
Cant wait to see the new game mode.

Do actual players care about flamer tweaks? just remove it from the game and put your resources to better use PGI.
When are we going to see the next phase of CW take place?
CW needs the biggest polish IMO.

#47 MechWarrior4023212

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 367 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 12 March 2016 - 01:39 AM

View Postkka, on 12 March 2016 - 12:27 AM, said:

I am worried about the conquest changes. I think they will only SLOW THE GAME down.

I know that many disagree, but I want my Quick matches more like Quake (small maps, quick engagement, fast paced game, ends fast). I think CW is for big maps, strategy etc..

This is a different style of match, the objective is to get the 750, you can kill them and then cap them all and it would be quick!

#48 Oberost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 01:55 AM

View Post-Skyrider-, on 12 March 2016 - 12:49 AM, said:

Has the marauder hitboxs been fixed yet??

What's the problem with the hitboxes on the Marauder?

Edited by Oberost, 12 March 2016 - 01:56 AM.

#49 David Sumner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 470 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 12 March 2016 - 02:19 AM

Awesome.
More importantly, can you undo what ever the hell it was you did that changed my W/L from ~1:1 to ~1:8?
And made the majority of matches worse than 12:3 outcomes?

Cos really? rage quit.

#50 David Sumner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 470 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 12 March 2016 - 02:28 AM

Hell, I get 1 point of team damage almost every single match, even when I'm sure I've damaged nothing except possibly myself (fall damage)

Edited by David Sumner, 12 March 2016 - 02:28 AM.

#51 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 March 2016 - 02:31 AM

View PostFrytrixa, on 12 March 2016 - 12:05 AM, said:

KingCrab Camo anyone? 'cmon guys its not that hard to create!

Posted Image

The lighting and texturing on that camo looks three times as good as anything PGI has done with their own mechs.

#52 Kshat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 02:37 AM

View PostEmber Stormfield, on 12 March 2016 - 12:16 AM, said:

The colours are for buying before a date, so I don't think you get them either.

Hero/ champion have increased C bills don't they?

I did not see that about the AMS either.

Nope, Faction content belongs to the Clan Package. If you buy the light mech, you can choose one of the faction packs available. With every step upwards you can select one more Clan - or double on the cockpititems of your favourite clan.

Afaik, pre-order boni aren't displayed anymore on the sales page.

The "Prime" Variant in every Clan-Pack got a cbill-boost like any Heromech. Most loadouts are possible due to the omnipod-System, so you're free to play the style you prefer.
And Championmechs are rather lackluster. Once you've mastered them, their bonus is of no real value.

#53 jss78

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 12 March 2016 - 02:41 AM

Another fantastic patch, well done.

One nagging little detail though. Why on earth would you put the 1X in the Vindicator mastery pack? Two points. In general I really dislike not putting the lorewise base variant (i.e. 1R) in the pack. And from the pragmatic side, giving 1R vs. 1X would also not force the player to level the 1X, commonly regarded as an irredeemably bad mech.

#54 Alex Novian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 149 posts
  • LocationNew Vandenburg, Taurian Concordat

Posted 12 March 2016 - 02:58 AM

I can see the Penalty system being a problem in Pugs during events. With all the peaking/walking into lines of fire to get assists/kill steal/increased damage to reach a given threshold... I've had several games of 100+ team damage due to tryhards charging into Arty/Air Strikes and getting the full force of it. Several games of fools walking in front of the Dakka Hose and getting killed due to crap rear armour.

This will not end well PGI..
OR you could not count Strikes as team damage, along with LRMs and collision.

#55 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 12 March 2016 - 03:36 AM

Posted Image

#56 Ductus Hase

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 12 March 2016 - 03:59 AM

I like the patch - except for the new TK-mechanism.
No need for automatism or forgivenessoption.
Since we got a reportoption against TK, I am fine.

#57 JaidenHaze

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 738 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 March 2016 - 04:06 AM

A couple of things:

1) No PPC adjustements?

2) I'm glad to see the capture-changes are finally in the game. I love Conquest but mostly, its just a normal Skirmish. But right now, there is no real incentive to really capture points. For example, if you're a Light, you could go and focus on the capture points. But you dont see that in the Match Score or with your CBills (except the bonus everybody gets for the reached Ressource score). This is in my opinion a big flaw. If your mech is part of capturing an objective, you should get 50 Match Score and a nice CBill bonus like 10.000.

As long as we have events that say: "You need 150 Match Score in Quick Play and therefore have to deal X00 damage or you wasted your time", players will ignore the capturing until the end when everything is dead.

3) No AMS incentive? I thought, this was discussed in the Town Hall. IMO it should yield around 10 CBills for every destroyed enemy rocket. You get what? 19 or 21 CBills for every point of damage you do. You should therefore get at least half of that if you protect your team mates from damage.

#58 shopsmart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 294 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 04:38 AM

Should also add that no lbx adjustments yet... That is next patch. That is from townhall. Don't get it as it is a simple hotfix that could be done with the main weapon data file.

#59 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:10 AM

Well in Davion we consider anything less than 50 team damage in CW means you aren't trying hard enough, so this doesn't bode well!

8-)

#60 TexAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:16 AM

View PostIndependence MK2, on 11 March 2016 - 09:48 PM, said:

Ok, this patch may have new stuff, but it will mean the game will get even slower than before. Its sad that even a 1000 dollar computer has to run the graphics on low, and it still runs slow, the more you add to this game, the more slower it gets, and not everyone can afford a 1000 dollar computer. So if this problem continues, expect to start losing players, I'd rather see new weapons, than all of these unnecessary HUD changes, because that is more code that it has to run through, plus new weapons equal new fun if done right.

I'm running this game on a PC which I bought over 3 years ago for 1700 dollars and I run every setting on very high on a 2560*1440 monitor (only shadows are on medium).

What are you talking about?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users