24 replies to this topic

#1 Pat Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 16 March 2016 - 12:08 AM

Attention all Marik units. KCom is currently touring the IS in search of good fights and we are currently stationed inside the borders of the great House of Marik. We typically fight late at night (U.S. timeframe) and are looking for guidance on where you all would like to see us attack or defend. Our first night here was pretty uneventful with only a few fights to be had. Please advise where you would like to see us and we will make every effort to show up. Also, please note that we are a small unit and tend to drop with less than 12 players. This would be a great time for solo players and other small units to watch for us in faction chat to see if you could link up with us on the battlefield.

Hope to see you there and good luck.

#2 Cox Devalis

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationTryhard dimension

Posted 16 March 2016 - 12:35 AM

Kurita mourns.

#3 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 12:35 AM

Well that's an interesting turn of events. How long are you going to be here?

#4 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 16 March 2016 - 01:15 AM

Well that depends. Our first night here we only managed to secure 2 fights before CW went dead and we sat in que for 45+ minutes trying to garner up support. Maybe our time frame is too late for the prime Marik times but we plan to give it at least one more night but if it's a repeat of tonight, I fear we may have to cancel our contract and search for richer pastures. Would love to fight with you guys but we gotta get some help out here because we are a small unit as I say and often times can't even field a 12 man. Just came here to try to drum up support for an offensive into somewhere...anywhere...

#5 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 02:14 AM

*sigh* Yeah...welcome to my hell.

Here we have the top CW group and Marik will piss away the opportunity that offers. Last I heard they stopped playing CW after the Liao war and was playing grabass with Steiner and Davion. That was a month ago. It's been silence since then. I am a little surprised the clans knocking over Terra didn't wake anyone up.

I'd love to run with you guys but I work nights and won't be off until Thursday. I know at least one of our units was going to be playing CW up until ceasefire Tuesday and Thursday. are you guys starting in Oceanic?

#6 HeavyEcho

• PipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 46 posts
  • LocationNew Kent

Posted 16 March 2016 - 02:29 AM

Welcome.
We do have infestation problem with SJ at our doorstep I'm sure you'll be more then welcome to use this as an advantage of carving our way north and spill more purple paint on the CW map.

#7 S T I N G S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 16 March 2016 - 03:37 AM

Welcome

#8 PassingWinds

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 21 posts
  • LocationSandgroper Land

Posted 16 March 2016 - 04:04 AM

Maybe hold off for a day or 2. With the server patch of a gazzion meg to download, the servers are pretty quiet...

#9 aaykeem

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 05:28 AM

View PostThomasMarik, on 16 March 2016 - 02:14 AM, said:

Last I heard they stopped playing CW after the Liao war and was playing grabass with Steiner and Davion. That was a month ago. It's been silence since then. I am a little surprised the clans knocking over Terra didn't wake anyone up.

The FWLM has been fighting the clan invasion to the best of our ability.

@Pat Kell - I'll notify FWLM leadership about this, someone will contact you guys.

#10 Stingr4y

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 336 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 05:59 AM

View PostThomasMarik, on 16 March 2016 - 02:14 AM, said:

Last I heard they stopped playing CW after the Liao war and was playing grabass with Steiner and Davion. That was a month ago. It's been silence since then. I am a little surprised the clans knocking over Terra didn't wake anyone up.

Thomas, our CW community has been active, and we have had a general focus. We would be putting out 2 to 3 companies against the defense and attacks on CSJ within our own TS. On top of that, other merc groups and pugs are given the same direction. There are numbers, and big active games going on for several weeks. Lots of fun games from Davion space early on, and now the games on with CSJ. Not a lot of ghost drops, and would need all the numbers and groups possible.

So, as for the statement of us being quiet for months, I don't think that is entirely true.

#11 Nicc Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 62 posts
  • LocationNuevo León

Posted 16 March 2016 - 12:16 PM

We can fight against Clan Smoke Jaguar and push them back to the peri/sphere space before Beta 3

#12 Starwulfe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 163 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 12:24 PM

Faction chat was dead last night, but we were attacking the Lyrans as well since MS and 228 were there and we were wanting some good fights. So maybe that was part of the problem as well.

We will shift our aggression and smoke some jags tonight.

#13 Nicc Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 62 posts
  • LocationNuevo León

Posted 16 March 2016 - 12:50 PM

I'm more that ready to fight against CSJ I'll be in the Game chat this night!! to have some good battles, I hope to see more Mechwarriors

#14 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 03:05 PM

KCom plays in a tough time window on weekdays. I know, it's the one I'm in right now.

So after prime-time ceasefire it all goes dark. Kurita has the strongest population active in that range and you can get a 12man together on the Kurita faction TS in that window of solid players. To play AGAINST there's at best 2 12mans of mixed Clans and about 1 unit of CJF (unit name escapes me).

This continues until about 2 am pst at which time you'll have TCAF in Liao, some CGB and Steiner groups show up. The CGB and TCAF are all Play Against, they'll be in their own groups generally of 12mans and don't tend to communicate. There's some smaller CGB groups awake in this timeframe for Play With, BSK.

Steiner TS picks up in that timeframe with a good chunk of solid players who would keep KCom entertained both as with and against. The problem would be filling a 12man to drop against them.

With the Archer and the QP changes a bad timeframe for Southern play has gotten worse. Marik has some good peeps in it but filling a 12man to draw Clan pugs on the CSJ border will be tough.

#15 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 16 March 2016 - 11:38 PM

Got a few matches tonight but still pretty slim, holding off for another day it looks like. Hoping when people max the archers and patch up, it will be busier. Seeing what the weekend brings.

#16 SmokeGuar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 450 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 02:30 AM

Expect more slow times ahead, MS moved and so did number of smaller merc units.

Also IS units that participated Clan southern drive have gone to their homeworlds.

Result is that Smoke Jags are, at the moment, ghost town, again.

#17 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 05:58 AM

And yet NS still does not move out of Ghost Bear.

Posted Image

Please get me out of Ghost Bear. Send PMs to Crockdaddy. Maybe we'll give you games down south.

#18 beerandasmoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 01:55 PM

View PostPat Kell, on 16 March 2016 - 11:38 PM, said:

Got a few matches tonight but still pretty slim, holding off for another day it looks like. Hoping when people max the archers and patch up, it will be busier. Seeing what the weekend brings.

Dropped in a couple of games with you guys last night on Boreal. It was impressive watching your 3 man lead a mixed group of pugs to victory against a strong wolf team. Hope you guys stick around for at least the weekend would like to drop with you again. I think it will get better with the grabbag event. People will want to play CW to get those treats and Marik usually does have some people that play late into the night on weekends.

#19 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 02:01 PM

FWIW, Davion command has told us not to engage Marik as you're fighting off the clams :(

THAT said, I want to talk to the brass if we can poke Marik when CW is dead for a bit of a scrimmage.

#20 S T I N G S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 March 2016 - 03:31 PM

We are going to prob be doing CW tonight if KCom would like to help us hit Clan Smoke Jag :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users