17 replies to this topic

#1 Bobby Blast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 183 posts
  • LocationSouth Eastern United States

Posted 16 March 2016 - 12:26 PM

I think there's a flaw with the marauder. I was experimenting today and noticed that as soon as my ballistic hard point takes damage (and I mean minimal) the right torso explodes causing my engine to explode killing me at like 90% with max armor in that slot.

#2 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 March 2016 - 08:26 PM

This post doesn't help anybody to actually locating the issue. Could you provide more details, please?

"ballistic hardpoints" don't take damage. Do you have ammo stored in your torso? Do you have a gauss rifle? Explodes on contact with armour, or after the armour is stripped?

#3 Gromel

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 04:04 AM

The marauder is a tough mech, but I do not recommend running an xl engine in it. I believe the problem you are experiencing is that people tend to target your right torso because everyone knows that's where your ballistic harpoints are. Make sure you are torso twisting to the right to spread some damage to your left side, also put you weaker weapons in your left arm so can retain as much firepower as possible. There are also several loadout that are effective without ballistics if you want to feel a little tougher. I like running the bounty hunter with 2 large pulse and 4 or 5 medium pulse, it gets the job done with precise damage and a decent heat ratio.

#4 HeavyEcho

• PipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 46 posts
  • LocationNew Kent

Posted 19 March 2016 - 04:33 AM

I find it hard to believe that you are dying from so little. Unless you are running no armour in your RT and a XL engine (don't run XL in this mech its a bad idea)

Its most likely that you got your right torso focus fired. depending on what they hit you with and your ping it can make it look like you good took out by little fire.

#5 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 19 March 2016 - 04:35 AM

If fact, a marauder with standard engine is really hard to kill! I have been on both sides, piloting it and trying to kill one, and as long as you keep torso twisting, it takes forever to go down...

#6 Bobby Blast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 183 posts
  • LocationSouth Eastern United States

Posted 25 March 2016 - 09:10 PM

Thanks for all of the advice. I ended up switching to a STD engine and putting an AC10 in the torso and it is really performming now.

#7 Submersible Fox

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 09:21 PM

Kinda sad, I remember when the Marauder was first added it was crazy XL friendly...

#8 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 March 2016 - 09:41 PM

Marauders can still be a beast either way you put it. It just mainly depends on how you use it. Some people including me have a build that would use an XL engine if their build is made for something specific in mind. If you want to tank stuff, go std engine, get creative and go XL engine. Still a beast only if you know what you are planning to do with it.

Edited by Wing 0, 25 March 2016 - 09:41 PM.

#9 Depressing-Fire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 216 posts
  • LocationNew Tasmania, Kikuyu

Posted 26 March 2016 - 10:29 PM

MAD-3R: 2x ERPPC, 2 MED LAS, GAUSS, XL 300. Works a treat for me in CW.

#10 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 22 April 2016 - 11:18 PM

View PostBobby Blast, on 25 March 2016 - 09:10 PM, said:

Thanks for all of the advice. I ended up switching to a STD engine and putting an AC10 in the torso and it is really performming now.

Fast learner. Carry on. Posted Image

#11 SteamCharts Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 09:38 AM

Problem: it's not good

Solution: stop buying bad mechs

#12 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 26 April 2016 - 09:59 AM

Marauder is an excellent and durable mech, but to enjoy all its tankness, you will need to use the Std. Engine.

#13 Free Rasalhague

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 10:04 AM

Helo, Star Commander Laura here with a fact and opinion.
No. 1
IF you Want to keep you XL with your gauss or HE (High Explosive) ammo, Run max armor, and sniper from either behind if you can maintain being hidden and shoot from behind, or Make sure you are running a 77.7 or whatever makes speed tweak make the MAD-3R or whatever variant similar, and make sure you stay with allies. I have BOTH a MAD-3R(S) and Bounty Hunter II with XL engines. So I know at least a little. If my suggestion Doesnt work, Let me know
Opinion
The Marauder is the Best mech for Push plays and to help reinfore alleis with weaponry and all that
Keep the Marauder is a good mech just watch the torsos. PGI even said that its weakeness was gonna be it side torsos

#14 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 26 April 2016 - 10:14 AM

Don't put ammo or an LB10x in the torsos, because they are huge hitboxes and you will almost always take significant damage in at least one torso.

#15 lordofbones

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 09:01 PM

I have a problem with the marauder. I was shooting an afk one from the rear, and my gauss rounds were literally going into the rear CT, passing entirely through the model, and emerging to hit the canyon wall on the opposite side. Lag, or did they screw up the hit boxes somehow in the last patch?

#16 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 04 May 2016 - 01:35 AM

View Postlordofbones, on 29 April 2016 - 09:01 PM, said:

I have a problem with the marauder. I was shooting an afk one from the rear, and my gauss rounds were literally going into the rear CT, passing entirely through the model, and emerging to hit the canyon wall on the opposite side. Lag, or did they screw up the hit boxes somehow in the last patch?

It's a known issue with disconnected players. It happens to all 'Mechs, not just MADs.

#17 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 May 2016 - 12:00 AM

View PostSubmersible Fox, on 25 March 2016 - 09:21 PM, said:

Kinda sad, I remember when the Marauder was first added it was crazy XL friendly...

No it wasn't, the hitboxes have been the same since release.

#18 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 05:39 PM

MAD is XL friendly in a weird way. always keep the enemy force in front of you and never torso twise. you just wriggle it a bit while looking at the enemy and the damage gets spread all over

if you twist, you're F-ed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users