8 replies to this topic

#1 Chill Bill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 188 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 08:17 PM

Game won't load after latest patch. XINPUT1_3.dll is missing
Is this a DirectX error. Repair Toll didn't fix it.
Must the full game be uninstalled/reinstalled?

Thanks

EDIT: Reinstalled Direct X- Now working

Edited by Chill Bill, 16 March 2016 - 08:26 PM.

#2 Heavyarms76

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 37 posts
  • LocationExpress Elevator Going Down!

Posted 16 March 2016 - 10:14 PM

chill i had that problem only once i was getting the other code for failure of the bit game launcher, make a shortcut for the client launcher and put in this in the target bar "C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin32\MWOClient.exe" -flowthru, now it might be a different location for your file C:, D: or where ever the file is stored.

Edited by Heavyarms76, 16 March 2016 - 10:16 PM.

#3 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 17 March 2016 - 02:19 PM

Download and install DX9 final release, this installs the missing file. Had the same happen with my son's new pc last night. Other fault commonly reported requires installation of C++ 2010 release, again making the files available.

#4 OP8

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 142 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 04:03 AM

How the hell do you release a patch right before an event knowing it's gonna eff up people's ability to play without workarounds like this? Everytime they patch, there's some DX or related "oh woops, we deleted system files your game needs to function, hopefully someone figures out a command line or reinstallation that may or may not work" bs. Last 3 patches have cost me a day of lost gameplay each while I fix the damn game and the worthless repair tool that can't figure it out on it's own. Did PGI timetravel to Steam in 2004? Maybe I can play later if I spend all my game time fixing the game in the meantime. Great event. Love it. I wouldn't be ticked off if this wasn't becoming such a trend.

#5 OP8

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 142 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 04:08 AM

Yeah, p.s., windows 10 opened the DX setup file and said piss off, can't install in windows 10.

Edit; the suggestion to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin32\MWOClient.exe" -flowthru" seems to be working, and I like how it tells the patcher to go die in a hole without loading it.

Edited by OP8, 19 March 2016 - 04:16 AM.

#6 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,659 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 19 March 2016 - 05:53 AM

View PostOP8, on 19 March 2016 - 04:08 AM, said:

Yeah, p.s., windows 10 opened the DX setup file and said piss off, can't install in windows 10.

Edit; the suggestion to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin32\MWOClient.exe" -flowthru" seems to be working, and I like how it tells the patcher to go die in a hole without loading it.

For the OP, if he had previously been playing MWO on the same machine, and had not done a OS re-install it is quite possible the file had become corrupted. Missing directx 9c files is generally reported by people new to the game, new/different computers or fresh OS installs.

List of file failures that the DirectX End-User Runtime package fixes
If you experience issues in which an application fails because any of the following files are missing, you may be able to resolve the failure by running the DirectX run-time package:
  • D3DX9_24.DLL through D3DX9_43.DLL
  • D3DX10.DLL through D3DX10_43.DLL
  • D3DCompiler_33.DLL through D3DCompiler_43.DLL
  • D3DX11_42.DLL
  • D3DX11_43.DLL
  • D3DCSX_42.DLL
  • D3DCSX_43.DLL
  • XACTENGINE2_0.DLL through XACTENGINE2_9.DLL
  • XACTENGINE3_0.DLL through XACTENGINE3_7.DLL
  • XAUDIO2_0.DLL
  • XAUDIO2_1.DLL
  • XAUDIO2_2.DLL
  • XAUDIO2_3.DLL
  • XAUDIO2_4.DLL
  • XAUDIO2_5.DLL
  • XAUDIO2_6.DLL
  • XAUDIO2_7.DLL
  • XAPOFX1_0.DLL through XAPOFX1_5.DLL
  • X3DAUDIO1_0.DLL through X3DAUDIO1_7.DLL
  • XINPUT1_1.DLL
  • XINPUT1_2.DLL
  • XINPUT1_3.DLL
And OP8, the dxsetup you likely installed was an older version. Many of the links on Microsoft's troubleshooting webpages either pulls up D/L Win10 or pulls up an older dx9c (2007) instead of the DX9c (June 2010) installer. It is likely due to the above that google searches also pulls up an older installer, which does not fix the issue.

June 2010 Redistribution (Version 9.29.1974) (large download - allows you to reinstall all the dx9c files instead of just missing ones)
https://www.microsof...ls.aspx?id=8109

June 2010 Web Installer (Version 9.29.1974) Small initial download. (had to hunt for this one on MS site, kept being redirected to Window 10 download) Use the Redistribution download instead of this one, as the web installer will not allow itself to be reinstalled.
https://www.microsof...aylang=en&id=35

The shortcut OP8 posted from other threads bypass the patcher until the next download is needed but also forces 32bit MWO. One can change the folder from Bin32 to Bin64 to run the 64x while bypassing the patcher.

Edited. For many of the directx 9c files, installed are both 32bit and 64bit files. So if the game gives no error in one, there is a likelihood a file is missing (removed due to virus infection/corrupted) and Dx9c installed again to replace missing files.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 21 March 2016 - 08:31 PM.

#7 Heavyarms76

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 37 posts
  • LocationExpress Elevator Going Down!

Posted 21 March 2016 - 06:09 PM

and yet none of the hotfixs address these problems what ******** is this!

#8 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,659 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 21 March 2016 - 08:12 PM

View PostHeavyarms76, on 21 March 2016 - 06:09 PM, said:

and yet none of the hotfixs address these problems what ******** is this!

Hmm, it shouldn't. Directx9c are Microsoft files and that is Microsoft's domain. Stop being short, download the redistribution file, unpack it and run the dxsetup. If necessary make sure to run it with Admin privileges.

Re-installing, which, iirc, has the dxwebsetup (small initial download then pulls down only the needed files) but when it runs, the DX setup may say it has determined that a newer or equivalent version of Directx has been installed already. No installation is necessary. It will say that if flag has been flipped in the OS.

The above issue with dxwebsetup is the reason the redistribution generally needs to be the one used to reinstall DX9C. It will run the full installer with no issue, replacing any missing or corrupted files.

June 2010 Redistribution (Version 9.29.1974) is the version needed, as it is the last version compiled by Microsoft for directx 9c.

So stop being... never mind.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 21 March 2016 - 08:33 PM.

#9 HoggerOne

• PipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 23 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 16 April 2016 - 03:38 AM

Thanks Tarl Cabot

June 2010 Redistribution (Version 9.29.1974) (large download - allows you to reinstall all the dx9c files instead of just missing ones)
https://www.microsof...ls.aspx?id=8109

That worked great for windows 10

Edited by FooPaw, 16 April 2016 - 03:38 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users