Official

512 replies to this topic

#21 Gendou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:20 PM

Loyalty Points are used to determine how devoted you have been to a particular faction. The more loyal you are, the greater the reward. LPs are earned by engaging in activities that further the goals of a particular faction.
For Example: Killing an enemy faction player would earn 1 LP.
Loyalty Points decay over time if a player is not active. Participating in negative actions can also decrease LPs.

Where have I seen this before?

Oh yeah, the old pre-Burning Crusade World of Warcraft Honor System.

This does not bode well, considering what a horrifically painful grind the old WOW honor ladder was.

#22 GaussDragon

• 2,183 posts
  • LocationToronto

You're going to be seeing this a lot:

#23 HardDrive

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 154 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

View PostBryan Ekman, on 07 December 2011 - 04:17 PM, said:

Only as a Faction player. When we reveal more about the rewards of rank, I'm confident people will like it.

I do like the ideas of the rewards for different ranks, just not that it is controlled by LP. I may have this wrong in how I am thinking but for instance this sounds to me like in house Steiner the Arcon would be determined by the amount of time played.

#24 Bryan Ekman

Creative Director

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,106 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

View PostTahawas Pitts, on 07 December 2011 - 04:19 PM, said:

So the Houses don't control their Marches, instead random Merc corporations do? Does that mean within 72 hours of launch there won't be any more Houses?

Not at all. There are three types of worlds, merc corps can only fight over border worlds.

#25 Helmer

• Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:21 PM

View PostStinger, on 07 December 2011 - 04:08 PM, said:

Interesting concepts... I would have to say that most players that know the fiction are probably going to stay away from planets near the FRR and its borders with the Fed Com and the Combine. Now I have to decide if I am going to be a merc or join a faction...

Was thinking the same thing, but was Also curious how many Merc companies you're going to find on "The Rock" hunting Pirates on a certain afternoon next fall...... [Probably be locked by then tho ; ) ]

View PostBarantor, on 07 December 2011 - 04:13 PM, said:

Dang near perfect guys, this is exactly what I had in mind and I am all too eager to see it come into play.

Agreed. Anytime I would imagine my perfect Mechwarrior game over the years (Given the technology limits of the time) this is pretty darn near close. I keep waiting for the other shoe to fall, but from the beginning words like Sim, persistant universe, information warfare, etc etc keep getting mentioned, and it just keeps getting me even more excited.

-Unashamed Fanboi

Edited by Helmer, 07 December 2011 - 04:23 PM.

#26 Brakkyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:23 PM

St. Ives (the planet) is shown on the map as a capital...just still as a part of the Capellan Confederation.

#27 xlrate

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:23 PM

I am happier than a fat kid in a free cake line.....

(I speak of this as a previous fat kid, who had alot of cake.)

Where is the Q&A?

#28 Hellen Wheels

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationDraconis March

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:24 PM

Love it! Keep up the great work, where can I send pizza?
Can't wait for the game to go live!
H

#29 Tahawas Pitts

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:28 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 07 December 2011 - 04:20 PM, said:

Not at all. There are three types of worlds, merc corps can only fight over border worlds.

Won't this effectively make all border regions outside the control of the Houses?

#30 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:28 PM

View PostGendou, on 07 December 2011 - 04:20 PM, said:

Where have I seen this before? Oh yeah, the old pre-Burning Crusade World of Warcraft Honor System. This does not bode well, considering what a horrifically painful grind the old WOW honor ladder was.

Ughhh.. as a previous WoW addict from vanilla WoW onward, I can guarantee you we will not allow that grind to happen again. That ladder system was a fail from the get go. Our "High Warlord" was a shared account between 15 people. We are mitigating this and will update further later on in the project as it touches into an area we don't have covered yet. Just rest assured, the person looking into this cringes at the thought of the old WoW PvP ranks.

-Paul

#31 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:29 PM

I know I asked the question in Community QNA 2,

As a Mercenary Corporation, all members’ earned loyalty points go to the Merc Corp. The Merc Corp must have a minimum amount of loyalty points with a faction before they are able to engage in planetary combat on behalf of that faction. Loyalty points also determine the type and level of contract a Merc Corp is permitted to bid on. These loyalty point restrictions mean that a Merc Corp’s membership, must remain active in order to maintain the required level of LPs.

Ranks are created within a Merc Corp by the Merc Corp leader. The naming of the ranks is entirely up to the Merc Corp leader who can assign Merc Corp level permissions to each rank.
Unless I'm missing something, this sounds dreadful to me. If I am reading this correctly, this says that, unless I have enough points from faction members coming to join my Merc Corps, I will not be able to work for any other Houses than the one I came out of. If this is, indeed, true, then it's pretty short-sighted, IMHO. Please, someone tell me this is not true? Or, help me understand what I'm missing in the description?

#32 Bryan Ekman

Creative Director

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,106 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:29 PM

View PostTahawas Pitts, on 07 December 2011 - 04:28 PM, said:

Won't this effectively make all border regions outside the control of the Houses?

They occupy planets on behalf of the faction.

#33 GuntherK

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:30 PM

Faction players, Merc Corp players, and Lone Wolf players...

Wont that fragment the community in 3 sections ?

Why cant we all shoot each other in a satisfying way, i mean, i would like too shoot some Kuritan lizards but i am also fond to send some money grubbers into oblivion. :)

#34 Grayson Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 334 posts
  • LocationGermany Erfurt

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:32 PM

This blog is amazing. Thats what i have been looking for years!

#35 Roh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 255 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD, US

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:33 PM

So awesome!

#36 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,574 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:33 PM

Hmm, unsure of any benefit for lone wolfing on the basis of faction not being represented

#37 Black Sunder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:34 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 07 December 2011 - 04:20 PM, said:

Can you outline these border worlds on the map?

#38 MaddMaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:35 PM

"A match or series of matches are set up between the defending Merc Corp and the challenger."

I am some what curious about how these matches (or series) will get set up. My question(s) is.

Will these Matches be schedule-able (set a date) or more a Show and Go style?

Can a series of Matches (say on differing planets) be offered and then fought one after the other with different factions or Merc Corps?

Edited by MaddMaxx, 07 December 2011 - 04:39 PM.

#39 CeeKay Boques

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:36 PM

I would imagine that owning a 50m Cbill Mech, having it repaired, reammo'd etc all by yourself would be a have to be very, very expensive for an individual. Lone Wolfing... would really be for the dispossessed looking to make good. You're just a Merc with no company I expect...

#40 Kudzu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the SEC

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:39 PM

View PostKay Wolf, on 07 December 2011 - 04:29 PM, said:

Unless I'm missing something, this sounds dreadful to me. If I am reading this correctly, this says that, unless I have enough points from faction members coming to join my Merc Corps, I will not be able to work for any other Houses than the one I came out of. If this is, indeed, true, then it's pretty short-sighted, IMHO. Please, someone tell me this is not true? Or, help me understand what I'm missing in the description?

There's nothing stopping you from earning points via non-land exchange pub matches to gain up enough to start playing in land exchange matches.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users