#21 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:37 PM

Here's another one...

A match or series of matches are set up between the defending Merc Corp and the challenger. The victor is determined from the results of each match, and takes control of the planet. They are rewarded with an immediate contract payout, and will continue to earn rewards while they occupy the planet.
What form will these matches take, please? Will they be like arena fights, single map fights, or will they be more on the line of several matches including reconnaissance, locating and running missions on objectives, smaller fights leading to a final climactic fight? The answer to these questions would put a LOT of arguments to rest.

#22 Hellen Wheels

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationDraconis March

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:38 PM

Thanks again, Devs, for bringing this great game to life. I hope my question hasn't been asked and answered already, so here goes:

Will there be a matchmaking system that will allow an unaffiliated mercenary to "hot drop" into a proposed or ongoing battle?

A related question: will there be a function in a matchmaking system that will allow "battle commanders" to choose an idle mercenary seeking battle to join a drop?

Thank you!

#23 MaddMaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:40 PM

"A match or series of matches are set up between the defending Merc Corp and the challenger."

I am some what curious about how these matches (or series) will get set up. My question(s) is.

Will these Matches be schedule-able (set a date) or more a Show and Go style?

Can a series of Matches (say on differing planets) be offered and then fought one after the other against different factions or Merc Corps?

Edited by MaddMaxx, 07 December 2011 - 04:51 PM.

#24 Tannhauser Gate

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:41 PM

Like many games, the intent of the rules sound great until people figure out how to cheat the system, especially in a point/rank based system. Once 5% figure out a way to earn mass LP then 50% more will have cheat just to compete and then your game becomes a disappointing mess. Closing ALL the loop holes in a system like this is vital to everyone's hopes and expectations. So..

Will there be measures to prevent people from abusing the system by cooperatively grinding to gain LP e.g. allowing a friend from another faction to kill you 400 times?

or
Someone creating multiple pilot names each joining a different faction and then he just kills his alts over and over to raise his LP.

You get my point. Thanks!

Edited by lakedaemon, 07 December 2011 - 04:47 PM.

#25 GuntherK

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:42 PM

Faction players, Merc Corp players and Lone Wolf players.

Wont that fraction the community in 3 sections ? How can this be good ?

I love to shoot Kuritans and Mercs, will i be able to do both or will i need to chose who i will be able to shoot in a satisfying manner ?

#26 Black Sunder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:47 PM

1. Is it possible to 'freeze' your account so LP decay does not happen? Real life does occasionally intrude with severe effect and a person could be gone for a good while but want to come back later.

2. How great are the rewards for border worlds?

3. Is there any benefit to being a lone wolf?

4.Since a contract system is being used for merc corps. What prevents a merc corp from bidding 1 c-bill for every world they want to fight on if they have sufficient money saved up from previous operations?

#27 Halfinax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:48 PM

Q. Will you offer a gradient of control schemes say from casual to simulation that alter play from FPS to robot?

A. Yes we will. It is important to us that new players experience the fun of MechWarrior® Online™ right beside the seasoned veteran who need to control every aspect of the game.

Will players be separated by realism settings, and what if any impact will this have on the persistent world aspect? I.E. will we see one persistent world where all levels of realism have the same impact, or will we have multiple persistent worlds?

#28 Octobit

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 29 posts
  • LocationVictoria, Australia

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:00 PM

How will the player-run Merc Corps work? Do they get their own 'mechbay and weapon storage? Are you able to share resources with the entire corp, like have a bunch of corporation owned 'mechs or weapons that you share? And will you be able to upgrade something like a special Merc HQ?

#29 sadamle

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:04 PM

Is it possible to change status as a player from one to another. For example, Lone Wolf > Faction Player and back etc?

#30 Joe Chummer

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:05 PM

Are there any safeguards in place that will prevent the MW:O game universe from spiraling too far away from the existing BattleTech timeline aside from a planet or two changing hands? For example, is there anything to prevent the Capellan Confederation from being nearly destroyed (since I assume a faction can't be destroyed outright)? Will the MW:O map look the same as extant 3052 BattleTech maps? In other words, how closely do you plan to adhere to already-established canonical borders going forward, or—excluding "core worlds"—will the borders of a faction be solely dependent on how popular/unpopular a given faction is or how skilled/unskilled that faction's players are?

#31 Cyttorak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationAlbany, OR, USA

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:21 PM

Will factional players ever be able to combat merc corp players for territorial control and vice-versa?

#32 Rayah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 801 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:24 PM

Are there any more details on the Lone Wolf Player system at this point? Will it be similar to a Mercenary Company that's limited to one or a few players?

#33 Kaemon

• 1,924 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:25 PM

1. How is faction imbalance going to be dealt with?

2. Can LPs be transferred to another faction or Lone Wolf? What is the mechanism for this (C-bills, real $, etc...)

3. will LP decay at a faster rate as you get higher in rank? Does all LP decay at the same rate (faction, lone wolf, clan)

4. what is the duration of persistence? Will there ever be server/world resets?

5. Can Mercs 'buy' LPs if they are requested by a faction for defense/occupation?

6. Will there be 'world' events that affect the most dominant factions (in order to restore balance if it gets out of whack)?

#34 Cyttorak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationAlbany, OR, USA

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:33 PM

Will there be any factional relationship between the FedSuns and Lyrans in-game, or are they being treated as wholly separate factions?

#35 Pht

• 2,299 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:37 PM

First, thanks again for taking the time to bother with us; I'm aware of how that can really infringe on the sanity of a Dev...

So, what kind of external third party league integration is being considered in relation to the community combat?

Related to that, if you're going to use them, what kind of concepts for player, house, merc, (etc) statistics have you seriously considered?

Edited by Pht, 07 December 2011 - 05:38 PM.

#36 jojobear

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:39 PM

Why is Loyalty decay needed in the first place, and what plans are there to safeguard the interests of a player who's real life interferes with his ability to continuously gain Loyalty?

#37 ManDaisy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:44 PM

How will terrain and map differ from match to match? Planet to planet? Are we looking at some random factor or simple pre-designed maps?

Edited by ManDaisy, 07 December 2011 - 05:44 PM.

#38 Brenden

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:45 PM

Just two things:
Will the Shadow Hawk be in the game?
Will the Clint be in the game?

#39 CobraFive

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationAZ, USA

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:46 PM

Do factions have access to unique mechs or weapons?

If so: Can we access other faction's mechs in any way (Real money trading, player auction house, salvage, etc...)?

And:
It was said that Factions can gain particular bonuses from faction worlds. Merc Corps were said to gain advantages from occupying border worlds, do they have some other advantage? It seems the Faction players will get greater potential for benefit (I would still play merc though, for the dashing lifestyle alone).

...this one is not directly related to the community warfare, maybe, but I have to try...
Respawns Y/N? :)

#40 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:49 PM

Will Mercenary units be able to purchase/utilize custom skins and logos for their unit members?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users