#41 Ghostrider0067

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 397 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationChandler, AZ, USA

Posted 18 June 2016 - 11:48 PM

I still love and pilot the hell out of my 'Phract 1X. Yeah, it's a bit long in the tooth given the Marauder, Warhammer, and Rifleman releases, but it's still plenty viable when used properly. It's always fun to shock someone and see their comments in the chat.

As for the Kintaro, I think I've only seen one once. I've actually considered buying the Golden Boy. It's a bit hot in stock configuration but carries a mean alpha for a medium.

Edited by Ghostrider0067, 18 June 2016 - 11:51 PM.

#42 Dr Hobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 530 posts
  • LocationA cardboard box drinkin mah hooch.

Posted 25 June 2016 - 05:45 AM

Vindis are coming back from the woodwork. Their PPC buffs make them a pretty nasty mid range attacker along with their smaller stature(smaller than a Phoenix Hawk). They aren't too bad to pilot either,the cockpit is nice and open. The 1X is a bit of a challenge to fit. The AA is considered the best by the guys who drive Vindicators on the regular. But the rarest is the Saint I'ves Blue. It's a rather difficult hero to build properly and it's kind of slow if you don't XL it. But the size change makes it only a shoulder taller than the Cheeto.

Trenchbuckets are rare now unless it's the LDPG hero. They're decent mechs,but incredibly tall imho.

Victors used to be king brawlers. But now,they are ghosts. The wonky hitboxes don't help either.

Urban Mechs. Small but tons of fun. It's often overshadowed by other better lights. But it is a tiny pillbox of doom if you build them right.

Wolverines are rare too. They never were really that popular before or after the quirkening.You'd only see people who loved the chassis use them. Quarentine is exceptionally rare. It's rather funny when I bring mine out and rack up 1100-1400 damage in it while wearing a painfully bright paint scheme.

Jesters aren't really see anymore since the K2 is a better mech to most people. Then again,even with the size changes,now with the Butterbee being a better A1 you'll never see that variant anymore either.

Awesomes. Used to be LRM boxes of doom and despair or PPC machine guns ,now quietly whimpers in the corner trying to move it's barn sized torso out of the fight.

Lolcusts used to be horribly unpopular and sort of still are. 20 tons with no armor and all engine? Most people don't like this,but it's worth it if you can pilot well at extreme speeds. The 1V is a ton of fun with a LPL.

I still see Panthers and Wolfhounds still,so they aren't extinct yet,but they probably will be eventually as the size change wasn't too nice to them.

You won't see too many Phoenix Hawks either once they drop for Cbills. The chassis is too big and has too many problems to make it worth it compared to a Vindi.

I know I'm missing a bunch.

Clams have mostly good mechs. But unless it's a Timber or EBJ you pretty much won't see it very often. Mad Dogs are sort of common,but the Timber and EBJ can do it's job better for the most part. Summoners,Executioners,Kit Foxes,Adders, Shadow Cats are all uncommon now too. I don't see many Warhawks anymore either but the changes make the Dire Whale a good choice.

Founders Mechs in generally are pretty rare to see.

#43 Requiemking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 27 June 2016 - 09:50 PM

The Mist Lynx is pretty rare outside the Trial version. The Gargoyle is uncommon as well.

#44 Mad Dog Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 489 posts
  • LocationOutlaw On The Run, Faster than a Stolen Gun

Posted 28 June 2016 - 11:17 AM

View PostDr Hobo, on 25 June 2016 - 05:45 AM, said:

Vindis are coming back from the woodwork. Their PPC buffs make them a pretty nasty mid range attacker along with their smaller stature(smaller than a Phoenix Hawk). They aren't too bad to pilot either,the cockpit is nice and open. The 1X is a bit of a challenge to fit. The AA is considered the best by the guys who drive Vindicators on the regular. But the rarest is the Saint I'ves Blue. It's a rather difficult hero to build properly and it's kind of slow if you don't XL it. But the size change makes it only a shoulder taller than the Cheeto.

Raw, uncut footage, of me being "Ouch, too hot" while shooting at a 12-man of Trial Vindicators, and failing horribly at being the Carebear.

Edited by Vaskadar, 28 June 2016 - 11:25 AM.

#45 Old-dirty B

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:34 AM

One of my favourites would be the Cicada CDA-3C, a mech rarely seen.

With the max engine and a very high mounted fast firing ER-PPC it's a very mobile long range skirmisher / support mech which can even be taken into a brawl late game. With it's high speed you can keep up with the fastest lights and even hunt one down / get into a brawl late game with the quad MG's.

I try to team-up with some lights (oxide, locust, cheetah etc), preferably with ECM to get undetected on the enemies flanks / rear, from there i support the other light mechs when they engage and do their business close up or do some harassment, attract their attention and turn a few around.

CDA-3C

Edited by B3R3ND, 30 June 2016 - 03:41 AM.

#46 Davy J0nes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 139 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 05:57 AM

Was hoping the treb would of been seen more after the resale, how disappointing it got noting.

#47 TwoPair

Rookie

• Overlord
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 02:01 PM

Definitely go with Awesomes. Most fun I have playing is in an Awesome. Played to its strengths Awesome's and Solo fight any other mech.

Awesome 8Q with Quad PPC's gives overwhelming Medium range fire power. or a 2 PPC 5mpl build for more close range firepower. Swap the MPL's for standard Medium lasers for max engine and a slightly longer range. Stack the 2 PPC's in the right torso so that you can look around corner with less exposure.

the 9M is a personal favorite. I run multiple builds, but would recommend starting with the 3 ERPPC's and enough engine for 80+ KPH. terrific medium to long range sustained firepower even on the hottest maps.

Then graduate to the 9m 6 MPL build for terrifying face melting potential.

can also very effectively run 3 erLLAS and still have a 1.65 heat rating. plus 14 SRM's to back it up. and if you accept the risk of the XL still have the 80 KPH.

While not Marik, the Kit fox is also underplayed. and carrying for SRM6's can be devastating.

#48 Karl the Plumber

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 197 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 06:55 AM

I've been thinking about this lately, and I can now definitely say that the mech I see the least is the Ice Ferret. It's practically apocryphal outside FP scout mode.

#49 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 07:33 AM

I can't remember the last time I saw a Victor, or an Orion, or a IS Highlander

#50 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 30 July 2016 - 09:58 AM

View Postknightsljx, on 30 July 2016 - 07:33 AM, said:

I can't remember the last time I saw a Victor, or an Orion, or a IS Highlander

Clan Highlanders and Orions, even after being quirked, are pretty rare. I run the Trial Orion with some success. Most Clan mechs are endangered at this point, with one or two out of each weight class being used regularly.

#51 jper4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 12:40 PM

I tend to use my kintaros for events but vindis, trebbies and wolverines I barely touch or see- which is kinda odd since i did pretty good with the wolverines at least. probably should dust them off again- as soon as I finish mastering my unmastered stuff that is.

any non jenner IIC (and oxide), arctic cheetah, ravens or locusts is a rare thing. still see the ecm spider a bit though and the ecm commando from time to time

#52 Grinster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 101 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 July 2016 - 01:43 PM

View PostTwoPair, on 06 July 2016 - 02:01 PM, said:

Definitely go with Awesomes. Most fun I have playing is in an Awesome. Played to its strengths Awesome's and Solo fight any other mech.

Awesome 8Q with Quad PPC's gives overwhelming Medium range fire power. or a 2 PPC 5mpl build for more close range firepower. Swap the MPL's for standard Medium lasers for max engine and a slightly longer range. Stack the 2 PPC's in the right torso so that you can look around corner with less exposure.

the 9M is a personal favorite. I run multiple builds, but would recommend starting with the 3 ERPPC's and enough engine for 80+ KPH. terrific medium to long range sustained firepower even on the hottest maps.

Then graduate to the 9m 6 MPL build for terrifying face melting potential.

can also very effectively run 3 erLLAS and still have a 1.65 heat rating. plus 14 SRM's to back it up. and if you accept the risk of the XL still have the 80 KPH.

While not Marik, the Kit fox is also underplayed. and carrying for SRM6's can be devastating.

I have just finished Eliting my Awesomes. Surprisingly my Pretty Baby tops my personal Average Damage and I got my Johnny Five achievement in it last week. 9M comes a close second for Avg Damage and is a more consistent performer.

Nearly completed Eliting my Victors and still have not found a build that fits my style.

#53 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 30 July 2016 - 02:15 PM

View PostTanar, on 30 July 2016 - 12:40 PM, said:

I tend to use my kintaros for events but vindis, trebbies and wolverines I barely touch or see- which is kinda odd since i did pretty good with the wolverines at least. probably should dust them off again- as soon as I finish mastering my unmastered stuff that is.

any non jenner IIC (and oxide), arctic cheetah, ravens or locusts is a rare thing. still see the ecm spider a bit though and the ecm commando from time to time

Wolverines really puzzle me too. Every time I take them out they do well for me. Possibly what happened to them was the Griffin. Once the SRM buffs brought that weapon system back bigtime, Griffin became the chassis of choice.

I think one thing that we have going on is that the number of available 'mechs has got large. So unless you're really in vogue, you automatically become quite a rare sight.

#54 Spectere

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 5 posts
  • LocationPac North West

Posted 20 September 2016 - 05:02 PM

The Ostroc :Posted Image

Edited by Spectere, 20 September 2016 - 05:02 PM.

#55 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 06:23 PM

View PostKarl the Plumber, on 30 July 2016 - 06:55 AM, said:

I've been thinking about this lately, and I can now definitely say that the mech I see the least is the Ice Ferret. It's practically apocryphal outside FP scout mode.

According to people that are far better players than I am, the IFR is VERY strong up close, able to take on even 55 tonners in a duel, but I guess it's just not suited to QP or FP since it's not particularly good at trading for QP and not tonnage efficient firepower-wise for FP.

#56 AncientRaig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 584 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 09:26 AM

I would honestly not be all that surprised if someone asked me what a "KTO-19" is and "how I got access to a new mech before everyone else" when I run mine. It surprises me that it's such a rare mech to see, because it's a solid SRM brawler. Not as good as a GRF-2N, but it's still a strong contender.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users