• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 27 March 2016 - 08:27 PM

Posted Image

It is that time again! Once more the nascent RKA Stormtroopers will form up and bring the fight to the dirty Clanners. This'll be our second "proof of concept" night, and hopefully we'll see even more 'Troopers show up.

DAY: Saturday April 2nd

TIME: 10:00PM EST

WHERE: The FRR Hub - Valgard Dropship

Currently 26 intrepid pilots have voluntarily joined the Stormtrooper ranks. That is an amazing start, but as ever, it is just a start. My goal is 50 Stormtrooper pilots. Once we reach 50 we'll then release new Stormtrooper Flavors (possible examples being: GRH, GRH, QKD, QKD, QKD or MAL, QKD, QKD BJ).

Those are just examples and I would first need to talk it over with a some of the other RKA unit leaders, and give my own ISEN Mech-Wrights a chance to actually craft them - so don't start adopting those now!

Here is the point; this is a journey we as faction either take together, or not at all. I can do my very best to promote the deck, but unless people get behind it - it will flounder. It is revolutionary, it is game-changing and in most circles it has been and still is considered a "fantastical pipe-dream".

Idle onlookers cannot comprehend a significant proportion of a selfless faction from all different units coming together, setting aside their personal prejudices and preferences, and building a standardized deck.

So far 26 patriots taken the first step towards proving the nay-sayers wrong and enhancing the hopes and future of the FRR. As we gain more adherents and reach our next goal of 50 we'll then have the foundation we need to take the Stormtrooper Initiative to the next level, which will give our decks more versatility in the face of changing conditions. But that isn't the final step either.

As I said it is our faction's journey and opportunities that await a faction willing to do what we are trying to accomplish are boundless. This is the cutting edge of an entire new form of meta, we are writing the next chapter in the history of this game.

Join us, Join the FRR, Join the RKA, Join the Storm and help make that difference.
The fence is no place for the hardened veterans of the FRR, hop down, pick up a blaster, and become a Stormtrooper.

Edited by Mech The Dane, 02 April 2016 - 11:41 AM.

#2 -Mean Machine Angel-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 195 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 05:49 PM

Awesome,will be there.I have even painted my mechs white..so no more odd mech out for me :)

#3 Starbomber109

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 387 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 04:12 AM

I hope to have my quickdraws up to speed by then, I just need 1 more XL 330 engine and I'll be set.

#4 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 31 March 2016 - 04:00 AM

I'll try and be there and have a deck ready. I might have to run 2 grasshoppers + 2 Quickdraws if I don't find the time to grind money for the 3rd quickie.

#5 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 March 2016 - 04:21 AM

Wait.... the FRR are now Stormtropers? Does that mean you have to miss every shot unless there is a slight bit of non white colour on your mechs? What happens if you are fighting against the Kuritans with the red colour on their upper torsos? You know... the unmissable ones?

This could be the end of the most popular Zen question on every Treckies minds.

What happens if the Stormtroopers (who miss every shot) face off against the redshirts (who are hit by every stray shot)?

#6 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 31 March 2016 - 06:11 AM

I guess i need to get busy in the mechlab -- all my quick draws are stripped currently. Kinda wish there was a build for the IV as well -- curse those center energy points. :)

#7 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 31 March 2016 - 08:20 AM

Out of everything you've done for the hub, this is by far the biggest step in the right direction. It's something our hub members can be proud of, I know I am.

#8 -Mean Machine Angel-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 195 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 11:14 AM

The implications of such an event are too frightening to consider.I assume some kind of cataclysmic vortex will open and Cuthulu will emerge and devour us all.It's the only reasonable explanation.

All hail Cuthulu. (eat everyone else first please)

#9 First Order Trooper

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 11:49 AM

Grrr...my contract isn't up until Sunday. This sounds perfect for me.

#10 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 31 March 2016 - 01:07 PM

It's a great step forward a coordinated drop deck is... and I can't wait to see how it works out.. perfecting the deck along the way.

#11 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 02:25 PM

Just need more people to buy into it..
Ideally you want to get to the point where when people are dropping in the hub they have the option of just forming a Stormtrooper drop, since they have all the gear needed for it.

#12 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 31 March 2016 - 02:27 PM

View PostMech The Dane, on 31 March 2016 - 02:25 PM, said:

Just need more people to buy into it..
Ideally you want to get to the point where when people are dropping in the hub they have the option of just forming a Stormtrooper drop, since they have all the gear needed for it.

I've spread the word among MJ12. I recommend unit leaders add it to their message of the day.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 31 March 2016 - 05:31 PM.

#13 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 03:39 PM

Keep it up. A universal synergy deck for FRR will be a big change for the game. FRR was literally set up to lose. Would love to see FRR bulk up, create a universal set of strategies and get mecha-swole, like a mountain in the middle of the river that the brown sea of Clanners have to spill around.

You guys have a very "**** all y'all, step up and get hit" culture. All the other factions lack the singular dedication and focus to create a faction-wide synergy deck.

If anyone can pull it off FRR can. Like with any coordination stuff once you get really good at it you can loosen up a bit without a performance loss. At first though yeah. Dane is right. To start with you need to stick tight to the blueprint, practice and get good with it so everyone is on the same page with what it looks like. Then if someone can carry that exact same weight the same way or better with something similar than maybe loosen up a bit.

Good luck FRR. Show everyone how it's done.

#14 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 09:31 AM

We're doing good with 2323, MJ12, ISEN & IWA all supporting the deck. But we need to get -SO- and 1st Hussar on board as well. Lots of players in those two units, especially -SO-, who could benefit from the deck and help the FRR benefit by having it.

#15 Edeldorf

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 04:25 PM

****, I recently completed a Stormtrooper Deck and you guys just had to set on a night I can't participate. Good luck anyhow!

#16 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 01 April 2016 - 07:23 PM

View PostEdeldorf, on 01 April 2016 - 04:25 PM, said:

****, I recently completed a Stormtrooper Deck and you guys just had to set on a night I can't participate. Good luck anyhow!

Don't be discouraged. For now, while our numbers are few, ST night will have to be held on a designated night. Once enough people have this deck ready to go, I'm sure it will go down more often and even randomly. I can foresee a Hub channel being created for 'Stormtroopers' waiting to join a ST drop.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 01 April 2016 - 07:24 PM.

#17 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 01 April 2016 - 07:26 PM

View PostMech The Dane, on 01 April 2016 - 09:31 AM, said:

We're doing good with 2323, MJ12, ISEN & IWA all supporting the deck. But we need to get -SO- and 1st Hussar on board as well. Lots of players in those two units, especially -SO-, who could benefit from the deck and help the FRR benefit by having it.

Got mine all ready to go -- I'd screen shot to get the tag but its late, I'm old and I just made a cup of warm milk with vanilla and honey.

#18 Rabtar

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 09:19 AM

I will be rallying as much of my unit as possible. Will be running non Stormtrooper and taking those who also do not have them. We'll do our best to support the main offensive.

#19 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 02 April 2016 - 10:25 AM

Please let me know how you squeeze a bj in with 3x blk...

All other factions only get 260tons...

#20 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 02 April 2016 - 11:31 AM

View PostMech The Dane, on 27 March 2016 - 08:27 PM, said:

Stormtrooper Flavors ([i]possible examples being:
GRH, GRH, QKD, QKD
or BLK, BLK, QKD, QKD
or BLK, BLK, BLK, BJ

Actually not sure any of these are currently feasible. Except the first, can't remember if grh is 70 or 75 tons...

Edited by MovinTarget, 02 April 2016 - 11:35 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users