232 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 11:33 AM

ARCHIVE AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE

WHEN: Friday April 1st, 6 PM PDT / 9 PM EDT / 1 AM UTC

It's time for another Town Hall meeting with Russ Bullock, President of Piranha Games!
Tune in and get all the latest info straight from the source!

If you can't make it, don't worry, we will post an archive on youtube the following day.

The sweet image shown is the Phoenix Hawk high poly model.
Available for Pre-Order here

#2 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 29 March 2016 - 11:41 AM

Nice! Will there be a new mech to announce?

P.s. ummmm no Kodiak model preview?

#3 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 29 March 2016 - 11:41 AM

Will we finally get an announcement that you guys are making the Quads happen?

I mean it'll be April 1st

#4 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 29 March 2016 - 11:43 AM

The official

STFU ABOUT THE STUPID HATCHETMAN, DAWNSTEALER

Package!

#5 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 29 March 2016 - 11:48 AM

I'm surprised there is no Kodiak image :(

#6 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 29 March 2016 - 11:49 AM

Can we post questions?

1.). Are there any plans to let Players save a few of our favorite loadouts for each variant? This would decrease Mechlab time / Increase live server time. It would reduce queue times by Increasing the number of players who are looking for/engaging in matches instead of spending wasted time in the Mechlab going back-and-forth between loadouts on a single Variant.

2.) We all love the recent changes to the cap timer (re: auto-win calculations). Thanks for that. This really isn't a question, just a Thank You.

3.) Can you outline any thoughts behind the Power Draw system? Not quantitative, but qualitative, such as will a weapon's Power Draw be based on actual electrical demand or sheer damage output?

#7 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,496 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 29 March 2016 - 11:59 AM

Can we get an update on reducing mechlab save times, having 280 mechs has pushed my save time to be waaaaaaaaay too long.

#8 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:02 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 29 March 2016 - 11:48 AM, said:

I'm surprised there is no Kodiak image :(

Cause we all know Russ and gang favor heavily IS mechs, and unseen get special treatment over anything clan.

#9 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:14 PM

View PostCK16, on 29 March 2016 - 12:02 PM, said:

Cause we all know Russ and gang favor heavily IS mechs, and unseen get special treatment over anything clan.

That is literally 100% ridiculous.

Its more likely that the Kodiak is having no issue selling, while the Phoenix Hawk sales are probably significantly slimmer, so more press for it will help it sell.

#10 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:15 PM

So, no questions are being taken (at least not from their own forums), and no information about what is coming other than -of course- a tease of an upcoming mech. What happened to the level of communication we were getting from PGI after first separating from IGP?

Town Halls are becoming nothing more than "Roadmap" previews, which are nothing more than "Patch Notes" previews. We haven't been getting any real and new information about anything coming for the past number of months. All we hear is "Phase 3 is coming and it's going to be great", "I'll save the specifics for the patch notes", and "It's something we'd like to do and it's coming, possibly . . . it's something that might be worked on in the 'near' future".

Regardless, a few questions:

1. Since your self-created flamer debacle, are you finally going to go back and reengineer the weapon system like you said you were going to (again: flat and fixed values would fix all of your problems in a simple and easy manner), or are you perfectly content with where the flamer is, because it's junk and you're not hearing about it on twitter anymore (because it's junk)?

2. Are we actually going to start hearing any hard dates on when things are coming out of the pipeline? Including, but not limited to: collisions, decals, cw phase 3, info-warfare overhaul, and many other concepts that have been pushed off time and again.

3. Is anything going to be discussed, in detail, that's actually coming outside the "Roadmap & patch notes preview" timeframe or is this going to be just another quick preview of what's coming in the next month?

4. Is Russ going to conduct himself in a more professional manner, this time, or is he going to be getting himself intoxicated again? Seriously . . . last town hall was appalling for any sort of professional company representative to conduct themselves.

5. Is there going to be any serious component (weapon, engine, heat system, extra equipment) balancing in the near future? The current non-stop high-alpha meta really is ruining enjoyment on a near-equal-if-not-worse-level than poptarting ever did.

I could keep going, but from the sounds of it PGI isn't taking questions, anyway. Regardless, hopefully at least some of these questions will be answered . . . because PGI cannot live off of the Steam & Unseen/Classics honeymoon forever.

Edited by Sereglach, 29 March 2016 - 12:18 PM.

#11 DefyingReality

• PipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:18 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 29 March 2016 - 12:14 PM, said:

Its more likely that the Kodiak is having no issue selling, while the Phoenix Hawk sales are probably significantly slimmer, so more press for it will help it sell.

That and the fact that we're still (barely) in the pre-order window for the Hawk, while the Kodiak won't be released until May.

#12 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:22 PM

View PostSereglach, on 29 March 2016 - 12:15 PM, said:

So, no questions are being taken (at least not from their own forums), and no information about what is coming other than -of course- a tease of an upcoming mech. What happened to the level of communication we were getting from PGI after first separating from IGP?

Town Halls are becoming nothing more than "Roadmap" previews, which are nothing more than "Patch Notes" previews. We haven't been getting any real and new information about anything coming for the past number of months. All we hear is "Phase 3 is coming and it's going to be great", "I'll save the specifics for the patch notes", and "It's something we'd like to do and it's coming, possibly . . . it's something that might be worked on in the 'near' future".

Regardless, a few questions:

1. Since your self-created flamer debacle, are you finally going to go back and reengineer the weapon system like you said you were going to (again: flat and fixed values would fix all of your problems in a simple and easy manner), or are you perfectly content with where the flamer is, because it's junk and you're not hearing about it on twitter anymore (because it's junk)?

2. Are we actually going to start hearing any hard dates on when things are coming out of the pipeline? Including, but not limited to: collisions, decals, cw phase 3, info-warfare overhaul, and many other concepts that have been pushed off time and again.

3. Is anything going to be discussed, in detail, that's actually coming outside the "Roadmap & patch notes preview" timeframe or is this going to be just another quick preview of what's coming in the next month?

4. Is Russ going to conduct himself in a more professional manner, this time, or is he going to be getting himself intoxicated again? Seriously . . . last town hall was appalling for any sort of professional company representative to conduct themselves.

5. Is there going to be any serious component (weapon, engine, heat system, extra equipment) balancing in the near future? The current non-stop high-alpha meta really is ruining enjoyment on a near-equal-if-not-worse-level than poptarting ever did.

I could keep going, but from the sounds of it PGI isn't taking questions, anyway. Regardless, hopefully at least some of these questions will be answered . . . because PGI cannot live off of the Steam honeymoon forever.

The townhalls lately have covered important topics from development in the coming months, the roadmap for next month, and then answering questions for people present at the town hall. I think it has worked out pretty well.

Your opinion on the meta shows you need a better understanding of the game. You should check out the MRBC shoutcasts to see what high level play is really like (hint: its not all non-stop high alpha).

View PostDefyingReality, on 29 March 2016 - 12:18 PM, said:

That and the fact that we're still (barely) in the pre-order window for the Hawk, while the Kodiak won't be released until May.

You can still pre-order the Kodiak, and the Phoenix Hawk is coming out in June (which is after May), so... since the Kodiak will be released first but we are getting a preview of a mech that is released after without having seen a preview of the Kodiak, what does that tell you?

#13 DefyingReality

• PipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:24 PM

No, we're getting a preview of the mech that's still in the pre-order bonus window (I accidentally omitted a word the first time around, that's my bad) versus a mech we're not seeing in-game for two months. Guess which one they feel like they need to promote more at the moment?

#14 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:27 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 29 March 2016 - 12:14 PM, said:

Exactly, the Phoenix Hawk will have to be scaled smaller than the Enforcer and have massive quirks to make it anything more than a nicer looking Vindicator.

Also, the Town Hall is being held on April 1st, so expect to get trolled.

Edited by Ed Steele, 29 March 2016 - 12:28 PM.

#15 Anglo-Saxophone

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:30 PM

Mmmm, can't wait to see the Kodiak.

#16 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:36 PM

Need more info on decal system ...

Can I slather my unseens in Wolf's Dragoons badges yet?

Will you be able to add stripes, checkers, numbers etc as well? Will it be per chassis unlocks (boooo) or slightly more expensive but once per decal? Will the more basic decals (stripes, numbers etc.) allow custom color channels? I assume unit badges would be locked since they are almost all multi-color.

#17 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:47 PM

on Kodiak vs Phoenix Hawk Promotional materials.
You can look forward to some Kodiak sneaky peaky stuff coming soon. ;)

#18 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:50 PM

If the Goliath isn't announced, I'm going to abuse a bucket of peeps until I learn my lesson...

... Okay the Scorpion may placate me, but I'm still going to hammer this ziplock bag of jelly belly beans!

Hatchetman

Edited by stealthraccoon, 29 March 2016 - 12:53 PM.

#19 ginger

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 65 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:59 PM

Are the fins/pylons/whatever on the Phoenix Hawk going to be destructible like the Archer's doors? I mean for real those things stick quite a ways up past the cockpit/shoulders, and if they register as any kind of torso hit box this mech is going to be screwed! Many (hopefully) most pilots roll and shield to spread damage with their arms and that won't do diddly squat if everyone just aims high and hits torso no matter what direction the mech is facing.

I've been wondering about this for awhile, and if there's been any chatter about it I missed it!?!?!

Come on, look at this thing for pete's sake! Don't get me wrong I LOVE the art design as always, but I don't want to get a pile of broken mechs because of something like this.

Posted Image

#20 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 01:16 PM

Banwave when?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users