Thoughts On Marauder?

21 replies to this topic

#21 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 01:27 PM

You can't compare the Marauder to the Timber Wolf any more than you can compare the Jagermech to the Ebony Jaguar. The difference in tech spec makes them totally different machines.

Speed isn't a problem for the Marauder if you use a XL Engine but it's no wear as durable as the Clan XL. A STD Engine makes it slow compared to a clan mechs but it's also as tough as almost any IS assault short of a Banshee or King Crab (yes, I have killed Stalkers with my Marauder)

The Marauder has a low profile like Ebony Jaguar which makes it great for ducking behind hills and jump jets on three variants makes them great for getting around. It has great hit boxes that makes it a excellent zombie with a STD Engine while the hard points give you allot of options (3R can mount 3AC/5s with a STD or 4 PPCs with a XL, the 3D can be a energy boat or a missile boat)

Like the Black Knight, I never had a problem keeping up with Clan heavies with a XL but after losing a side torso to a BH with a Gauss or AC 20, I rather hang with the assaults with a STD knowing I can out zombie most lighter builds.

I also have 3 Timber Wolves, their fun as hell and I'm thinking of getting few Ebony Jaguar next but they cost soooo damn much compare to a Black Knight or Banshee. There worth it but that is allot of grinding to get your c-bills back up.

#22 Snowbluff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 06:47 PM

Two of my regular lancemates run marauders regular. They are tough mechs, and very good ballistics mechs.

I have a timbie, though. It tends to favor more missile and laser heavy builds.

Edited by Snowbluff, 15 April 2016 - 06:47 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users