Clan Mechs For Is

8 replies to this topic

#1 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 04:35 PM

BattleTech purists would probably cry about it, but i think IS varients of the MadCat, Loki and Thor would be so cool. Much the same as the IICs. Take off the omnipods for regular hardpoints, give them different quirks, and swap out clan XL for regular IS engines. They would look similar but play totally different. I'd preorder them all

#2 GalahadVGL13

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 01 April 2016 - 05:13 PM

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Rakshasa

like this? BT Purists wouldn't bat an eye.

They even reverse-engineered the ominpod system.

Inner Sphere OmniMechs[edit]

#3 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 05:30 PM

I was just thinking about mw4 mercs and how clan/is wasn't an issue you just used crap. Nice reply though ty

#4 Depressing-Fire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 216 posts
  • LocationNew Tasmania, Kikuyu

Posted 03 April 2016 - 07:45 AM

I'd go for a Rakshasa, like to see what Alex does to it to give it that IS look.

#5 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 03 April 2016 - 03:54 PM

Well marauder legs for one

#6 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 03 May 2016 - 08:09 AM

View PostWillhelm Vargen, on 03 April 2016 - 07:45 AM, said:

I'd go for a Rakshasa, like to see what Alex does to it to give it that IS look.

I guess more edges.

Also FRR have a mixed bag of mechs from Kurita and Steiner and accounting all the clans walsing into the territory of FRR. Some excuse to gather at least wolf and bear clan mechs fits FRR as well. I have both clan and is mechs, love both types but stay as an IS/ FRR loyalist Posted Image

Got a nice invasion Dire Wolf, gave it purple color with orange trimming and nicked it "Warden". My little lore input is that Frr in mwo universe got hold of Dire Wolves from the Clan Wolf wardens and painted it different from the orange with green trimming invasion mechs.

Edited by Tordin, 03 May 2016 - 08:11 AM.

#7 invernomuto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 03 May 2016 - 09:10 AM

View PostKrocodockle, on 01 April 2016 - 04:35 PM, said:

BattleTech purists would probably cry about it, but i think IS varients of the MadCat, Loki and Thor would be so cool. Much the same as the IICs. Take off the omnipods for regular hardpoints, give them different quirks, and swap out clan XL for regular IS engines. They would look similar but play totally different. I'd preorder them all

If clan players have access to IS mechs with the IIC variants, as an IS player I want the Stormcrow IS for scouting missions ;-)

#8 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 03 May 2016 - 10:25 AM

View PostKrocodockle, on 01 April 2016 - 05:30 PM, said:

I was just thinking about mw4 mercs and how clan/is wasn't an issue you just used crap. Nice reply though ty

MW4/MW4BK/MW4M were completely inaccurate, in all matters.

#9 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 03:20 PM

i think that salvage bonuses would be a great way to be able to use a clan mech in an IS faction, or IS in clan.

example:
lets say you want to use your kitfox and your an IS faction

you have to destroy a certain number of omipods, lets say, 500 of each, and then you can use the Kitfox for FW as an IS player.
If your clan and you want to use IS mechs, just destroy 500 of a particular variant you would like to use.

Is this a good idea?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users