160 replies to this topic

#141 Agent1190

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 469 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 03 April 2016 - 05:26 PM

Comparing the nose of the Viper and the Ebon Jag reminds me of the advances in aviation design we've seen over the last 50-60 years.

Viper: introduced 2940 - CT looks like a world war 2 bomber
Ebon Jag: introduced 3049 - CT has more of a modern streamlined jet-fighter effect

#142 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 April 2016 - 08:26 PM

Not an elemental, not exited.

#143 TELEFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 01:40 AM

View PostKHAN ATTAKHAN666, on 03 April 2016 - 08:26 PM, said:

Not an elemental, not exited.

If you were an Elemental, you'd be totally excited. It's just a faster way to get onto the battlefield.

You'd be super-excited if it were a Fire Moth!

#144 Impyrium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 04 April 2016 - 02:00 AM

View PostFupDup, on 01 April 2016 - 07:38 PM, said:

Copy-pasted Raven CT is obvious.

Expect it to be equal to Nova size because of Nova legs and shoulders.

Wat.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Such copy-paste. :P

#145 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 04 April 2016 - 02:06 AM

View Postmartian, on 01 April 2016 - 07:36 PM, said:

So this is the new medium Clan 'Mech!

Clan Ghost Bear fans can be happy now. Posted Image

(better quality)
Posted Image

This is all I could see...

Posted Image

On a side note, yes it has a very Raven like CT.

#146 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 04 April 2016 - 04:55 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 04 April 2016 - 02:06 AM, said:

This is all I could see...

Posted Image

On a side note, yes it has a very Raven like CT.

And here I see a Dragon CT....

#147 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 04 April 2016 - 05:06 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 04 April 2016 - 04:55 AM, said:

And here I see a Dragon CT....

I can see a bit of Dragon influence in there. I still see more Raven than anything though.

#148 Anubis Ka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 113 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 05:42 AM

View PostFupDup, on 01 April 2016 - 07:38 PM, said:

Copy-pasted Raven CT is obvious.

Expect it to be equal to Nova size because of Nova legs and shoulders.

Raven and Crab had a babyPosted Image

#149 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 04 April 2016 - 05:43 PM

View PostTrashhead, on 03 April 2016 - 08:39 AM, said:

Considering how fracking ugly that thing used to look like:
Posted ImagePosted Image
(Common, the look like the come out of an old issue of Popular Mechanics!)

An amusing comparison, since I'm pretty sure most of the "future technology" ideas for Battletech were pulled from Popular Mechanics in the early 1980s.

#150 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 06:52 PM

Im loving the New Look, like a Raven and a Crab had a Baby on a ship,
Loving the Symmetrical Arms even more, ill buy if it stays symmetrical and awesome,

#151 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 06 April 2016 - 08:02 AM

:D This is great! While I really want to see the Kingfisher, it's good that we now have a 40-ton option for clans. I might not purchase as I'm biding for Warhammer-IIC, but who knows, with the look of the concept art I might break. S-mech-xy.

#152 TELEFORCE

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 09:07 AM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 04 April 2016 - 06:52 PM, said:

Im loving the New Look, like a Raven and a Crab had a Baby on a ship,
Loving the Symmetrical Arms even more, ill buy if it stays symmetrical and awesome,

I hope the arms aren't symmetrical. The majority of the 'mech's depictions in lore show it with asymmetrical arms like the Kit Fox and Summoner. That's how I prefer it since that's how I'm used to seeing this 'mech.

#153 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 730 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 06 April 2016 - 11:37 AM

I think it's kinda lame how they finally introduced an omni hero like this, almost concealed and without fanfare, on a mildly popular chassis. If they could do it now they could have gone with the Timby hero a ton of time ago and have had a much bigger impact. It's evident that the only thing holding them back was prejudice (I asked on the last creative stream and they never even started texturing a clan hero, so What Russ said about a problem with the Timby's texture was a lie plain and simple) and IMO it ended up playing against them.

Edited by PraetorGix, 06 April 2016 - 11:40 AM.

#154 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 730 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 06 April 2016 - 12:06 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 02 April 2016 - 11:57 AM, said:

You really think people are going flock to shell out 20 more bucks for the Collectors? I suppose they might, but not feeling it.

I'm sorry I'm a little confused oh, mighty BS, didn't you say just yesterday that you make lots of money and 20 bucks is pocket change? What, getting a little tightwad are we?

#155 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 730 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 06 April 2016 - 12:22 PM

View Postknightsljx, on 02 April 2016 - 02:43 AM, said:

Someone explain to me the hate on single mech packs.

Every Clan Wave had packages starting at $30, for the light mech, with no premium time. To get 30 days premium, you'd need the level 3, which is $90.

Just want the medium or heavy or assault? F-you, that will be $55, and still no premium time.

Now with the single mech packs, you get to choose, chasis by chasis, which chasis you want and that typically comes with 30 days Premium time. Now I don't know if the Viper is going to be $20 or $30. Even if it's $30, that's still a better deal than any of the Wave Packs if you just wanted the Medium. Cause your options would be to pay $60 for an extra Light mech you don't want, or $55 for just the Medium with no bonuses.

I'd guess the problem is that comparing it to previous one_mech releases a light or a med for 20 bucks is expensive and not worth it. Forget the old pricing, they effectively reduced prices the moment they released Marauder for $20, so now the Viper should be cheaper to be a good buy, specially because it looks like it's gonna be just a bigger mist lynx (hot, poor pod space, JJs getting in the way, not really that much speed)

#156 PeeWrinkle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 384 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 05:41 PM

I was excited because I love mediums, but not so much now that they posted the pre-order page with loadouts. With all the fixed equipment (8JJs) this thing will hardly have any tonnage for weapons (8 Tons - more possibly if you reduce armor significantly, which will be hard to do with all the arm hard points).

I've been fooled with excitement before when it comes to clan mechs (Summoner - my all time favorite mech except in this game), not this time. This will end up being a subpar mech that only those with a nostalgic love for it will want to play.

Edited by PeeWrinkle, 06 April 2016 - 05:59 PM.

#157 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 06 April 2016 - 06:03 PM

View PostPeeWrinkle, on 06 April 2016 - 05:41 PM, said:

I was excited because I love mediums, but not so much now that they posted the pre-order page with loadouts. With all the fixed equipment (8JJs) this thing will hardly have any tonnage for weapons (8 Tons - more possibly if you reduce armor significantly, which will be hard to do with all the arm hard points).

I've been fooled with excitement before when it comes to clan mechs (Summoner - my all time favorite mech except in this game), not this time. This will end up being a subpar mech that only those with a nostalgic love for it will want to play.

Sounds like I'm not the only one seeing this thing clearly for what it is....

#158 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 09:42 PM

View PostTELEFORCE, on 06 April 2016 - 09:07 AM, said:

I hope the arms aren't symmetrical. The majority of the 'mech's depictions in lore show it with asymmetrical arms like the Kit Fox and Summoner. That's how I prefer it since that's how I'm used to seeing this 'mech.

NEVER!!! ;)
Posted Image
Love the Symmetry, would love this to be a Thing(DarkAge KitFox),

View PostPraetorGix, on 06 April 2016 - 12:22 PM, said:

I'd guess the problem is that comparing it to previous one_mech releases a light or a med for 20 bucks is expensive and not worth it. Forget the old pricing, they effectively reduced prices the moment they released Marauder for $20, so now the Viper should be cheaper to be a good buy, specially because it looks like it's gonna be just a bigger mist lynx (hot, poor pod space, JJs getting in the way, not really that much speed)

I dont think so, it can Boat Light Energy and a Lot of it,
If anything its a ACH with (2Tons more Armor) (2more Energy) and (2more JJ),
it will Probably Run 10ERSL or 8SPL Builds Very well, and its Speed will help it,

#159 Cherry Garden full of Blue Roses

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 11:51 AM

No matter what, being forced to using JJs in such a number (8) with such a tonnage (40) means much too less space and free weight for weapons... This mech will be a real defeat. Will be dying very fast, with such a big CT. Impossible to do nice dmg without ECM in this thing... Omnipods? Doesn't rescue the situation. I am really skeptical to Viper. Repeated mech - first was Raven. Even names of this mechs have same number of letters. I think Raven is much better - one version have ECM, hardpoints mounted higher, good quirks...

Allright, I should stop complaing :D Future will shows us, what PGI wil invent this time. Hope it won't be a next clan trash.

#160 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 12:42 PM

View PostPeeWrinkle, on 06 April 2016 - 05:41 PM, said:

Or it will be a 'Mech with some niche strengths that becomes a staple choice when you need a 'Mech to fill roles that require said niche strengths.

Like the Ice Ferret and the Shadow Cat. And the Nova. And even the friggin' Trebuchet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users