#21 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 01 April 2016 - 07:57 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 01 April 2016 - 07:55 PM, said:

tell that to my poor dang MDD...... with it's TBR legs.

I've complained about that one a few times in the past, to no net effect in-game. :(

#22 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 01 April 2016 - 07:58 PM

View PostFupDup, on 01 April 2016 - 07:57 PM, said:

I've complained about that one a few times in the past, to no net effect in-game. Posted Image

Yeah, if you recall I blew Russ up on it the day of release, and was less than politic about it.

#23 process

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 07:58 PM

I dig it. Lil bit of Nova, lil bit of Stormcrow, plus some nipple pinchers.

#24 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:00 PM

I'm so done with buying stuff in MWO now.

Viper is one of my favorites and I MUST have the special C-bill variant. With the old packs i could get it with 60$ plus a light mech (with c-bill variant) + 6 colors + 2 patterns + a ton of content

now... i have to pay 40$ for NOTHING... no colors... patterns that are removed after early adopter period..

THIS IS BS.

after buying 11 packs... F* it... no more... i knew Marauder was the start... I warned everyone.

#25 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:01 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 01 April 2016 - 08:00 PM, said:

I'm so done with buying stuff in MWO now.

Viper is one of my favorites and I MUST have the special C-bill variant. With the old packs i could get it with 60$ plus a light mech (with c-bill variant) + 6 colors + 2 patterns + a ton of content

now... i have to pay 40$ for NOTHING... no colors... patterns that are removed after early adopter period..

THIS IS BS.

after buying 11 packs... F* it... no more... i knew Marauder was the start... I warned everyone.

You will take your $85 medium mech and you will like it! :P

#26 John1352

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:06 PM

So did Russ say it will be standalone or wave 4?

#27 Barantor

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:07 PM

View PostJohn1352, on 01 April 2016 - 08:06 PM, said:

So did Russ say it will be standalone or wave 4?

No more waves, rest will be standalone.

#28 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:08 PM

trash mech. have fun with 8 tons of podspace. If I want that kind of speed and firepower and armour ill take a cheetah. 5 tons lighter.

Edited by pbiggz, 01 April 2016 - 08:08 PM.

#29 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:09 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 01 April 2016 - 08:08 PM, said:

trash mech. have fun with 8 tons of podspace. If I want that kind of speed and firepower and armour ill take a cheetah. 5 tons lighter.

The hardpoints will likely be better. This will probably be better than a Cheetah for raw combat.

Your mech evaluation skills are shaky.. this is probably the best 40 ton omni we could get..

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 01 April 2016 - 08:10 PM.

#30 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:11 PM

*ten tons lighter.

However, your point still stands. I mean, I don't think the Viper will be unusably bad, but given the other timeline options, the only way it could be worse would be a tossup between the Phantom, fast as hell and ECM equipped, but only 6 tons of pod space, or the Battle Cobra, which is literally just an inferior Pouncer.

Pouncer or Coyotl would not be bad additions, at all.

#31 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:12 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 01 April 2016 - 08:11 PM, said:

*ten tons lighter.

I rather think that enhances my point.

#32 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:13 PM

Potentially more durable than the Cheetah (dat CT)...but it will just be a touch cooler, with better jumping abilities (more, better HoverJets™)

Cheetah will likely be getting that Poordub fixed, but the Viper can strip a shield arm for 9 tons total pod space, an extra heatsink.

It MGs were ever worthwhile again, this could do 5 SPLs plus 4MGs.

Edited by Mcgral18, 01 April 2016 - 08:14 PM.

#33 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:15 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 01 April 2016 - 08:09 PM, said:

The hardpoints will likely be better. This will probably be better than a Cheetah for raw combat.

Your mech evaluation skills are shaky.. this is probably the best 40 ton omni we could get..

Its an over sized light mech. Im not saying it isnt a cool mech, as usual alex knocked it out of the park, but another under gunned mech with a huge fixed engine is not going to make the game better. We already have a ton of mechs just like it in every weight class for the clans. Either they're undergunned and over engined or under engined and overgunned and because their engines are locked there is nothing we can do to make them good. I'd love to run a brawly well armoured and reasonably engined viper with a solid loadout of more than 8 tons of weapons, but its impossible.

Again, we didn't need another undergunned over engined clan mech when over half the clan mechs in game are already like that.

#34 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,529 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:17 PM

It will still need quirks, because it is a 40 ton mech, but either way Im happy because it hits my nostalgia and is at capable of a little bit more than the Ferret.

View Postpbiggz, on 01 April 2016 - 08:15 PM, said:

Again, we didn't need another undergunned over engined clan mech when over half the clan mechs in game are already like that.

It isn't over engined.....it is 40 tons, it needs speed to survive, how long until people learn how much it took just to make the Adder/Kit Fox to even be mediocre? It can also run 6 cSPLs, which is suitable firepower for a mech that runs as fast as it does.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 01 April 2016 - 08:17 PM.

#35 Tristan Winter

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:19 PM

View PostFupDup, on 01 April 2016 - 07:51 PM, said:

I'm going to laugh if it's another $85 pack.

I'll laugh even harder when people try to say "No really, it's a great deal!"

It will be and they will do that.

"Clan mechs are more expensive than Inner Sphere mechs, bro!"
"The pre-order bonuses are amazing!"
"If you pay $200 for the Ultimate Director-Collector Edition Package, you get 37 different variants, bro!"

#36 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:19 PM

@Navid: You act like stand alone packages are a bad deal which they are not. 60 days banked premium vs. 7 for the Shadow Cat.

As for colors you most likely have them all since you claim to be a mech junkie. Plus why did you expect a Wave IV? They are running out lights, especially ones that don't break the speed cap. Seems like the content is fair for the price especially factoring the stand alone pre-order bonus.

Patterns are nice but the other stuff is useless cockpit cluttering junk.

#37 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:20 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 01 April 2016 - 08:17 PM, said:

It will still need quirks, because it is a 40 ton mech, but either way Im happy because it hits my nostalgia and is at capable of a little bit more than the Ferret.

It isn't over engined.....it is 40 tons, it needs speed to survive, how long until people learn how much it took just to make the Adder/Kit Fox to even be mediocre? It can also run 6 cSPLs, which is suitable firepower for a mech that runs as fast as it does.

It's essentially a jumping Fridge, with 2 fewer heatsinks.
Lots of additional hardpoints, however (the main Fridge complaint)

#38 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:20 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 01 April 2016 - 08:15 PM, said:

Its an over sized light mech. Im not saying it isnt a cool mech, as usual alex knocked it out of the park, but another under gunned mech with a huge fixed engine is not going to make the game better. We already have a ton of mechs just like it in every weight class for the clans. Either they're undergunned and over engined or under engined and overgunned and because their engines are locked there is nothing we can do to make them good. I'd love to run a brawly well armoured and reasonably engined viper with a solid loadout of more than 8 tons of weapons, but its impossible.

HOW THE **** IS A 139 KPH 40 TONNER OVER-ENGINED? HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN THAT 40 TONNERS DON'T HAVE THE ARMOR TO BE SLOW?

Jesus.

And screw you guys for down voting the Kingfisher Posted Image

#39 SplashDown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 399 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:24 PM

Well i hope im wrong here and i hate to be the nay sayer..but i have to say even if it does run cooler..jumps higher..and has slightly better fire powe than the cheeta..if its big and wide like the nova..then only thing its gonna do is die..ALOT.

But i'll do what i allways do..let other players buy it..and wait for the tears on the forums ..i for one will never buy any mechs in this game again....too tired of being disapointed.

#40 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:24 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 01 April 2016 - 07:44 PM, said:

I'm more of a Vapor Eagle fan, so I am not interested in this particular Medium mech. I suppose PGI wants to finish all the invasion mechs first. Gonna expect the Firemoth next?

Didn't they say the Firemoth isn't going to happen last TH? Something along the lines of it's just too damned fast and breaks the already broke-as-shite hit registration even further?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users