9 replies to this topic

#1 Gimpy

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 10:12 AM

Hello MechWarriors,

On April 21 through April 23 I will be streaming MechWarrior Online for 12 hours each day to help raise money for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society for a third year in a row.

If you don't know what Multiple Sclerosis is, check out this link: http://www.nationalm....org/What-is-MS

This charity event is somewhat personal as I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) back in November of 2004. Technically this fund raising event is called WalkMS and I have done the walk here in San Diego in the past. Unfortunately, my ability to walk is no longer what it used to be.

So, back in April of 2014 I tried something different and decided to raise money while playing MechWarrior Online. Thanks in large part to the MWO community, it was a huge success. My goal was to raise $1500, but that was met before the end of the first day and I ended up raising a little over $4600 when the fund raising was complete (9th highest fund raiser in San Diego).

Last year was not quite as successful, but, once again thanks to the MWO comunnity, I was one of the top 20 WalkMS fund raisers in San Diego. This year I have set a modest goal to raise $2500 and with the help of this awesome community I will hopefully reach that goal.

Any amount of a donation (tax deductible in the United States. Not sure about other countries) would be great. If you can't make a donation at this time, that's fine, but if you would help me get the word out by sharing the donation and/or Twitch links below with your friends and family, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, don't forget to watch the Twitch stream. The more viewers, the better.

Streaming schedule:
April 21 through April 23 from 9 AM Pacific to 9 PM Pacific (that's GMT -8)

Donation link: http://www.StompingOutMS.org

Twitch link: http://www.twitch.tv/gimpy21

Thank you in advance,
Tim "Gimpy" Beaudoin

P.S. If you want to keep me company or do a drop or two with me, I will be on the No Guts No Galaxy TeamSpeak server (voip01.n1585.hypernia.net:9992 password = mechwarrior) the whole time. Just use Control F to find Gimpy.

#2 badaa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 12:36 PM

feel the power of thy bumping

#3 mack sabbath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 April 2016 - 12:37 PM

Help Gimpy with this cause, he's been a great asset to the MWO community since the start.

#4 xXJayeDuBXx

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 12:38 PM

Excellent, should be a great time for a good cause!

#5 Shadowhunter99

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 12:39 PM

Go help Gimpy with this very worthy cause!

#6 Gnatter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 140 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 07:42 PM

Awesome! I hope I get the chance to at least drop a few times with you and support your efforts as best I can.

-Gnatter

#7 Tiger 6

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 150 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 01:21 PM

Marked in the calender, it will be good to drop with you again Posted Image

#8 Calvyr

• PipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 49 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 10 April 2016 - 03:18 PM

Let's all support Gimpy! Great cause and a great streamer!

#9 mariomanz28

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 188 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationForest VA US

Posted 21 April 2016 - 05:37 AM

It's almost time!

Posted Image

#10 Gimpy

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 10:35 AM

Just wanted to make a quick post to say Thank You to everyone who came out to support the fund raising event and to everyone who made a donation either with cash or prizes to give away.

So far, $2558 has been raised (my goal was $2500). If you missed out on donating, you can still make a donation at www.StompingOutMS.org

Thanks again for the awesome support. This is an amazing community.
Tim "Gimpy" Beaudoin

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users