33 replies to this topic

#1 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 02 April 2016 - 11:37 AM

In the wake of a couple of retirements, S RS (Seraphim: Rising Storm) has decided to take a few active steps to recruiting some new players. We are always open to new players, but thought it was time to actually post a thread.

Who are we? We're a Tier 1 competitive team, originally a part of The Seraphim, now run independently, but with shared core values. We are a small unit (11 active members, 16 total "tagged"), purely competitively focused with a strong emphasis on team play, cooperation and team over individual success. We have a no profanity and no trolling policy, which we take seriously. We're interested in winning and doing things the right way, not in drama.

What are we looking for? We are looking for top level players who want to play in a team-focused , clean comms environment and who want to win at very high levels of play. We know numbers aren't everything, but a 2.0 KDR overall and 3.0 in your area of specialty is a rough idea of the caliber of player we're looking for.

If all that hasn't deterred you, contact me, VVonka or talk to anyone wearing S RS tags in game if you want to learn more. Or stop by our Teamspeak: ts.srsgg.com (no PW)

Edited by TercieI, 08 April 2016 - 06:22 PM.

#2 CainenEX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 398 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 12:29 PM

Great thread to post up SRS. I'm sure there are some good and eager pilots that want to join up with you guys. If I see someone of your interest I'll send them your way. o7

PS: I would love to get my *** kicked by you guys sometime. Do you ever have training sessions with outside units?

#3 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 12:42 PM

View PostA O D H, on 02 April 2016 - 12:25 PM, said:

Don't be fooled by this...the sarcasm level on comms is pretty savage so bring your big boy or girl pants.

We don't have a "no fun" policy after all. :)

#4 MattEdge

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 61 posts
  • LocationAsuncion

Posted 02 April 2016 - 12:51 PM

View PostA O D H, on 02 April 2016 - 12:25 PM, said:

Don't be fooled by this...the sarcasm level on comms is pretty savage so bring your big boy or girl pants.

And as long as you're wearing pants, you should probably be wearing your Carry Pants.

#5 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 04:31 PM

View PostA O D H, on 02 April 2016 - 12:45 PM, said:

Clearly you don't pay much attention in practices then... Posted Image

That's not policy, that's just V-Vonk. :P

#6 CainenEX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 398 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 05:13 AM

View PostA O D H, on 02 April 2016 - 12:31 PM, said:

Im sure we could set up a scrim or something. Don't you chaps do MRBC?

Indeed we do. We played NTEX last night. We want to improve and become better, but I think we're hitting a point that, while self evaluation is important, I think outside and experienced feedback is invaluable.

#7 LordSkyKnight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 194 posts
  • LocationPLACES!!!

Posted 04 April 2016 - 08:31 AM

View PostTercieI, on 02 April 2016 - 04:31 PM, said:

That's not policy, that's just V-Vonk. Posted Image

Shhh don't tell the new recruits about V-Vonk. It might scare them off.

#8 MattEdge

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 61 posts
  • LocationAsuncion

Posted 05 April 2016 - 08:19 AM

Check out a sampling of some of our previous MRBC competitive matches:

#9 Votanin FleshRender

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 518 posts
  • Location3rd rock from the Sun

Posted 05 April 2016 - 09:15 AM

View PostTercieI, on 02 April 2016 - 11:37 AM, said:

We know numbers aren't everything, but a 2.0 KDR overall and 3.0 in your area of specialty is a rough idea of the caliber of player we're looking for.

I wouldn't last 10 minutes without swearing, brother, but this...

My KDR is *barely* above 1. And I'm a tier 1. People are really walking around with 2+ overall KDRs?

Edit - I only solo Q, I would assume group Q raises your KDR a bit.

Edited by Votanin FleshRender, 05 April 2016 - 09:24 AM.

#10 MattEdge

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 61 posts
  • LocationAsuncion

Posted 05 April 2016 - 05:15 PM

I personally think it's easier in solo for bursting the KDR up as my teammates aren't around to take kills, but in the long run Group Q definitely has the edge because KDR in my mind is more a measure of how often I die, rather than how many kills I might get...

But yeah, people are walking around with the 2+ ratio. Some of the top players out there with much higher (~5-9).

#11 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 05:56 AM

View PostVotanin FleshRender, on 05 April 2016 - 09:15 AM, said:

I wouldn't last 10 minutes without swearing, brother, but this...

My KDR is *barely* above 1. And I'm a tier 1. People are really walking around with 2+ overall KDRs?

Edit - I only solo Q, I would assume group Q raises your KDR a bit.

Group queue feeds it some, but if you play smart and conservative in solo (necessary to carry the grab bag of teammates anyway), 2.0 is doable for highly skilled players (I run over that leveling most junk mechs in solo queue only). I think of it as "managing the denominator." Like Matt said, it's not about the kills, it's about the deaths. But, again, it's not really about numbers at the end of the day. Some players have very inflated KDRs because they carefully manage them. That's not hard for teammates or savvy observers to spot and doesn't buy you a lot of respect. I YOLO way too often, am crazy aggro a lot of the time, play when I'm tired, throw good money after bad when I'm on a bad MM streak and level every junk mech in the game, so I'll never have a really great KDR (and I'm not very top skill either).

#12 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 06:00 AM

View PostMattEdge, on 05 April 2016 - 08:19 AM, said:

Check out a sampling of some of our previous MRBC competitive matches:

Man, that's dated. Triple ERPPC TDR-9Ss and FS9-As. Be sure to keep EL0 TKing VVonka in if it gets updated, though. :D (Or add VV getting headshot repeatedly...)

#13 JBombs

Rookie

• The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 10:45 AM

We like to have some fun on occasion too!

#14 Virlutris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 06 April 2016 - 11:02 AM

View PostJBombs, on 06 April 2016 - 10:45 AM, said:

We like to have some fun on occasion too!

That was a fun night. Sad I only got to make the one drop :(

These are great guys. Real skill and dedication to improvement.

The clean comms thing is real, and so is their sense of humor.

It's one of the few TSs where I don't have to worry about explaining anything that was said, if I put it on the speakers for the family to watch a match.

Srsly, give 'em a try :)

#15 MattEdge

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 61 posts
  • LocationAsuncion

Posted 06 April 2016 - 11:12 AM

View PostTercieI, on 06 April 2016 - 06:00 AM, said:

Man, that's dated. Triple ERPPC TDR-9Ss and FS9-As. Be sure to keep EL0 TKing VVonka in if it gets updated, though. Posted Image (Or add VV getting headshot repeatedly...)

Well it was either post an old video or go to the work of making a new one, and I'm slightly busy these days. ;)
However, a remix of VVonka getting headshot over and over set to a beat of him telling us about it... that would be a great video.

View PostVirlutris, on 06 April 2016 - 11:02 AM, said:

That was a fun night. Sad I only got to make the one drop Posted Image

These are great guys. Real skill and dedication to improvement.

The clean comms thing is real, and so is their sense of humor.

It's one of the few TSs where I don't have to worry about explaining anything that was said, if I put it on the speakers for the family to watch a match.

Srsly, give 'em a try Posted Image

Srsly.
Thanks Virl. As you know, you are always welcome to hop on, I always enjoy dropping and hangin' out.

#16 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 11:19 AM

View PostMattEdge, on 06 April 2016 - 11:12 AM, said:

Well it was either post an old video or go to the work of making a new one, and I'm slightly busy these days. Posted Image
However, a remix of VVonka getting headshot over and over set to a beat of him telling us about it... that would be a great video.

Make it happen!

#17 Virlutris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 06 April 2016 - 11:39 AM

View PostMattEdge, on 06 April 2016 - 11:12 AM, said:

Well it was either post an old video or go to the work of making a new one, and I'm slightly busy these days. ;)

Srsly.
Thanks Virl. As you know, you are always welcome to hop on, I always enjoy dropping and hangin' out.

I don't have a mic right now. It feels weird hopping on a TS with "ears only."

Srsly, I probably should get over myslef and hop on. Good times to be had :)

#18 R E T I

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Star
  • The Star
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 12:16 PM

Hey guys aka Zedekiah316 here . Would love to run with you all but i'm all about CW, FW or whatever you like to call it. But i can vouch they are a great bunch of guys.

#19 Krizzman

• PipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 05:02 PM

Bumping this post for a great group of guys Posted Image Highly skilled and equally as friendly.

#20 Votanin FleshRender

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 518 posts
  • Location3rd rock from the Sun

Posted 08 April 2016 - 09:05 AM

View PostTercieI, on 06 April 2016 - 05:56 AM, said:

Group queue feeds it some, but if you play smart and conservative in solo (necessary to carry the grab bag of teammates anyway), 2.0 is doable for highly skilled players (I run over that leveling most junk mechs in solo queue only). I think of it as "managing the denominator." Like Matt said, it's not about the kills, it's about the deaths. But, again, it's not really about numbers at the end of the day. Some players have very inflated KDRs because they carefully manage them.

I've never cared enough about KDR to manage it ... and I'm far too aggressive to be remotely considered conservative. I am always near the front line and am almost always leading the push (hoping and often disappointed teammates will follow), even in a locust. Hard to stay alive in the vanguard ;). I would hazard a guess and say I die in 85ish% of my matches.

Anyways, best of luck, gents.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users