#21 NightHawke

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationDC

Posted 22 April 2016 - 09:11 AM

View PostPalfatreos, on 22 April 2016 - 03:07 AM, said:

clan dropdeck changed to 250

Oh, I didn't see that change... that is cool.

#22 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 22 April 2016 - 09:41 AM

Well all of these builds are fine, really just bring the mechs your good at. No point bringing a gargoyle if you can't pilot it well, etc.

#23 demoyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 354 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 April 2016 - 07:59 AM

The absolute best drop deck you can have right now is three Hellbringers and a Stormcrow. Ebon Jaguars are good, but they're not as good as Hellbringers. Arctic Cheetahs are good, but unless everyone on your team is bringing them in the same wave they're more of a hindrance.

Take a look at http://metamechs.com...age-efficiency/ and see for yourself. They key to making a good drop deck is efficiency, not individual mech power.

#24 DeathEagle

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 03:47 PM

I recently started using a Nova-P. 6 Med Pulse Lasers and 4 Machine Guns.

That MG array really does rip into the internals quickly. It lacks punch but makes up for it in continuous firepower.

#25 PaleOne

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 07:57 PM

when did it drop back to 250?

Im pissed i cant use my two DW and two Artic cheetah combo

#26 demoyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 354 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 May 2016 - 08:30 PM

View PostPaleOne, on 04 May 2016 - 07:57 PM, said:

when did it drop back to 250?

Im pissed i cant use my two DW and two Artic cheetah combo

Why would you be mad that the game is forcing you to play smarter? Taking one Dire Wolf in an invasion match is bad, but two...? You're shorting yourself half the game.

#27 Gigashot

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 03:22 PM

So I'm confused, I've seen 1 ACH + 3 TBR in quite a few places, but 30 + 75 +75 +75 = 255 and the limit is 250.

I tried taking 5 tons of gear off the mechs and just being short but it still shows up in my drop deck as 255/250 too heavy.

How are people bringing this?

#28 Commander Schultz

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 23 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 06 May 2016 - 04:44 PM

I enjoy reading all the ideas on this post.

Personally I drop with either:
1 SCR-D (1LPL and 5ERML), and x3 HBR (two set with the normal laser vomit, 1 set up with 6erml).
My alternate deck, I will bring 1 ACH, (Dovah cheetah= 1 ERPPC) 2 HBR standard laser vomit, and 1 GAR-C (6ERML and 4 SPL).

In my opinion speed is the most important trait in MWO. High alphas and fast rate of fires make armor pretty useless. I loved the Dire Wolf, but it never keeps up and when a murder ball rush starts it will always be left alone to die.
The Summoner was always a favorite mech in the old games, sadly in MWO it has no strengths. In my hands, the Summoner was horribel. Maybe other people can play it right.
The Hellbringer runs fast, has an ECM, and has lots of room to make fun builds. I liked the TBR, but it is a favorite target. When I'm in my HBR and there is a TBR next me, I know I wont be shot until he is dead.
The Gargolye is a fast heavy hitter and because it's not a common mech on the battlefield, most players don't know where to shoot it. Not to mention it has a lot of nice quirks! In the left arm, my GAR carries the fire power of my HBR, with a 48 alpha. Then in the right arm, I setup four SPL to fend off lights and to help fight in a brawl. The 81 kmph really makes this mech a great weapon to me. I can poke, and reposition just like the heavies.
As for the ACH with the single PPC, it really is a fantastic sniper/scout. In FW I normally do around 430 damage before having to eject. The PPC leaves no trail for the enemy to find me, a quick shot and I'm gone. In PUG matches this build also has been very fun. Just don't get caught by enemy lights!

Hope my post gives you some good ideas, or helps you make a decision on which mechs to grab.

#29 NightHawke

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 11 May 2016 - 02:03 PM

View PostRichthofen, on 06 May 2016 - 04:44 PM, said:

I enjoy reading all the ideas on this post.

I really enjoy all the ideas you all have given me as well :D

Thank you!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users